How do you feel the likeness is on the Boromir 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How close do you think the Boromir 12" is?

• Exact

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Pretty Close

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Needs more work

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Really not even close

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Looks great in that picture. I'll be getting this one for sure.

:)

How do I feel?

I feel like this LOTR line is going to be the best 1/6th scale line produced...ever!

It doesn't have the sheer volume of varied characters like Star Wars does, but these first three figures (based on pictures mind you) really blow away anything that's being done in their other lines.

Wor-Gar said:
How do I feel?

I feel like this LOTR line is going to be the best 1/6th scale line produced...ever!

It doesn't have the sheer volume of varied characters like Star Wars does, but these first three figures (based on pictures mind you) really blow away anything that's being done in their other lines.

Ditto, looks phenomenal.

I love the whole sixth scale LOTR line too, amazing detail to outfits, etc.

jlcmsu said:

Looks fantastic!! This is freaking great!! I'm tellin yall this figure is awesome!!

WOW! I knew it! SOMETHING had to be wierd about the photo in the preview.. Maybe it was the angle. But this figure is gonna ROCK!

Sweet... I feel so much better now.. :D

Wor-Gar said:
How do I feel?

pjam said:
Ditto, looks phenomenal.

I love the whole sixth scale LOTR line too, amazing detail to outfits, etc.

pjam, you and W-G summed it up...This line is going to be INCREDIBLE!!!

:D

DarkArtist81 said:
WOW! I knew it! SOMETHING had to be wierd about the photo in the preview.. Maybe it was the angle. But this figure is gonna ROCK!

Sweet... I feel so much better now.. :D
Until someone in Hong Kong posts actual photos of it. :lol

pixletwin said:
051606boromir2_01.jpg

Starting to feel the sculpt is better than I had originally thought...

I agree, he looks much better here.

HighElven said:
I think it looks rather bad. Looks like a Hasbro type SW sculpt... it doe not look polished and the beard and eyebrows look pretty shoddy.
I was looking forward to this one, Boromir is one of my favourites, but this sculpt it pretty bad.

I hope you and all the others that want to pass judgement based on ONE sample picture have learned your lesson. Just wait a week until more pictures are released before you jump all over something and compare it to Hasbro.

Sculpt is fantastic. I think this can be perfected with a simple paint adjusment. Go back to all the photos of Bean at the start of this thread and look at the exact placement of his pupils relative to the upper eyelid in most of the photos. Move the iris up just enough for the pupil to break the line of the upper lid and...Sean Bean, nailed.

Boromir still looks fantastic. Thought so even after the preview shot. The only thing the exclusive could be is his horn. I think that's about it. What does everybody else think?

Darth Loki said:
I hope you and all the others that want to pass judgement based on ONE sample picture have learned your lesson. Just wait a week until more pictures are released before you jump all over something and compare it to Hasbro.
I'll say what I want, when I want. If it looks bad in one shot and good in another, then it obviously isnt perfect. How can you condemn me for not liking it from one pic, but you think its fine to like it after 2 pics?

Guys, I know I said this before but I'll say it again:

The LOTR 12" line is better than SW 12" by far. Servers may crash and hoopla may be rampant whenever there is a SW 12" figure announced, but this line is just in another class. I consider selling my 12" SW figures before the LOTR ones. No question about it.

LOTR lends itself to so much detail in the costumes that even though we are getting these figures at a slower pace, the wait seems worth it every time I see the next one. Here is to the Fellowship being complete in 12" format. Great job Sideshow!

Beautiful! I'm in. I never cared about the character of Boromir until Sean's performance brought out his pride and tragedy. This figure looks excellent!

Am I the only one hoping he comes with The One Ring sized to fit him? I basically think that anyone who handles the Ring should come with one. That'll make it so it won't be such a disaster when I inevitably lose a few.:D

HighElven said:
I'll say what I want, when I want. If it looks bad in one shot and good in another, then it obviously isnt perfect. How can you condemn me for not liking it from one pic, but you think its fine to like it after 2 pics?

I appreciated your comment High Elven. I too get tired of the all the self-appointed SSC apologists on this board that jump all over someone when they offer an honest critique.

Part of the fun of this forum and the hobby is evaluating upcoming products with the hope that the manufacturers are listening to the feedback and incorporating at least some of it into the design/production of future works.

Better to share one's opinion in a constructive criticism that blow sunshine up everyone's arse and pretend everything SSC puts out is above all reproach.

Back