How do I make Detolf back mirrored?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justcrash

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the ol' income tax returns, I will be getting several detolfs and a Besta TV stand.

Is it possible to make the backs of the detolfs mirrored? I ask because A) I think it looks snazzy and B) Because the only space I have to display my collection is in my basement, which is a cement block wall. It wouldn't kill me to see it but I'd rather not. Suggestions/help/advice?

All in all it might feel like like a long project but when assembling is the best time to consider all the modifications you want like the mirror finish, LED lights, custom shelves etc..

Thank you, that's kind of what I'm doing, getting the ideas for lights and other things now. How many detolfs could a roll of that stuff do, front and back as he suggested in the video? Any ideas?

glad I could help when I was staring out I had no idea of these options but you can always find great tips from fellow members

Yes this has all been over whelming. I went from never even hearing of Japanese 1:12 scale figures to being in love with them and having my stuff in boxes from the divorce to (in my mind) building a museum quality display (hopefully).

Another method would be to use 1/8" thick acrylic mirror from TAP Plastics. All the reflection, plus lightweight and durable. If it does break, it doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't shatter like a glass mirror. I used some to make a "glass" tabletop for a 1/6 table. Was even able to bevel the edges.
Ryan

If you do the film method, get the vinyl scraper tools from ebay. They have felt covering them so they don't scratch and scrape. They're made specifically for vinyl application.
Ryan

Back