How big is your movie collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
collection2018.jpg

Pic a bit out of date

Havnt counted in awhile but 850+ with 30 of them BR's... with many, MANY more to come :banana

Over 1,000 DVDs and only a few Blu-rays. I was an early adopter when it came to DVD. I've since gotten my addiction under control. And I hate double dipping, so I rarely by BR of DVDs I already have.

Well over 700+ dvds and 5 Blu-Rays.
Haven't counted them for a long time so not sure how many I actually own.
Recently I sold loads of crappy dvds that I never watched and god knows why I bought them in the first place. Had about 1000 at one point.

I have well over 1000. I used to have nexflix and a dvd burner and a nice printer, so my collection got up there. But I recently gave away alot of my DVD's, probably 300 of them at least.

Now I just wait a couple of months to buy new releases. I usually buy off ebay sellers and amazon market place sellers. I prefer Bluray, but there too much money, and before I buy I read the video transfer reviews.

5-600 Id guess... Ive cut my purchasing way back in the last couple years... :monkey1

Over 300 movies and a lot of season shows. Probably a couple hundred of those if you count each disc.

Too much! According to my online list website thingy, I currently have 920 titles. This includes tv shows as well. :monkey1

I used to have around 950 DVD's at one point. I used to go out every Tuesday and buy whatever new release struck my eye. After awhile, it became too much of a habit and realized how much money I wasted. So I winded up turning most of them in and I'm happily down to 250 DVD's plus 20 Blu Rays.

:lecture :lecture Me too, but now I have only a few DVD sets and mostly Blu and HD DVDs.

I've got about 150-200 dvds and about 30 blu's so far. I try to only get stuff on Blu Ray that i think is worth the format, mostly old movies that look incredible (anything originally shot on film pretty much) I try not to double dip too much but things like Dr. Strangelove and One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest are too hard to pass up.

I have around 350 dvds and probably around 20 blurays. It's odd. I have the same issues as some of you guys, buying things I know I'm only going to watch once. A lot of my purchases are older classic and foreign films that are considered "must-own" for movie lovers, but are the type of films you can only watch when you're really in the mood. I suppose it's collecting for the sake of collecting.

It's funny, because my friends come over and are like, "why don't you have any 'good' movies?" (aka, movies that you can just turn your brain off for.)

I've been buying dvds since 2001. I've sold about 20 titles in the past.

Just movies - 33
Television boxsets - 37 (20 of which are Dark Shadows)

My rule of thumb is to never buy anything I'm not going to watch multiple times. It's a good rule and it keeps me from wasting my money on movies.

Back