How best to communicate Sideshow Quality Control Issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am writing in regards to some discussion that has been going on regarding various lines with quality control issues. The Nam raised a good point in one thread that while we may all share pictures or our dissatisfaction with one another here on the message board, we may not always inform Sideshow of our concerns regarding productions pieces.

I know we can contact customer service either via a phone call or via e-mail to let Sideshow know that a shipped collectible may have an issue with the quality of work, but I think it might be best if we all make a concerted effort to better communicate to Sideshow when a product does not meet their usual standards. We can all discuss a product here on the board with one another, but unless we voice those concerns to Sideshow when we actually receive the item, they might not be aware of quality control issues.

I would hope that our board members would make any comments or complaints in a constructive way, but we can take a more direct approach to voice an opinion with the Sideshow staff.

I have had some minor issues with my more recent collectibles purchased from Sideshow, but nothing that is a deal-breaker for me. Rather than simply live with a little bit of lazy-eye on my Legolas PF or a small chip on the base of my Gandalf PF, I should have informed Sideshow of the issue, even if I didn't want to arrange for a return. Going forward, I will be contacting their customer service with any item I receive that has an issue, even if I want to keep it, just to make them more aware of an issue they may have with quality control. Sideshow is well-known for their customer service, and maybe with our help, we can help them fine tune their quality control process as well. The best thing we can do to help though, is politely inform them that an item that they manufactured may not be up to their usual standard.

I want to ask here if Sideshow has a preferred method of receiving a customer issue like this, to help collect information. I would imagine that I can provide the item name, the edition number and the issue I experienced with the purchase, but I would like to know if there is anything else we can provide to best work together on communicating constructive criticisms.

Does anybody else have any thoughts or suggestions?

This is a personal experience . . . about a year and a half ago . . . I received the 12" Lara Croft figure exclusive edition. Prior to opening it, I read posts about how the QC was not there. Sure enough . . . I had QC issues with my figure.

I called Sideshow's Customer Service and made arrangements to have it exchanged. Granted, I was not in the best of disposition and the CS representative who too the call was not necessarily "attentive" from my perspective (at the time). Ultimately, I received a call back from a "supervisor" who "listened" to my issues with the figure's QC. At the time, she said the best method is to report a quality control issue with an item you purchased from them and want to exchange it or get a refund is to call them. Moreover, if you're going to keep the item . . . then e-mail them with specifics about the quality control.

Granted, they don't have time to monitor this forum 24X7/365, but if many collectors are not pleased with a QC issue on a product that just came out, then need to know. E-mailing them is probably the best route (from my perspective), posting your QC issues within this forum, and lastly . . . CALL them if it bothers you that much and you want a replacement or refund.

Definitely calling and/or emailing CS is the VERY best way to get any issue addressed and passed along to those in charge. THE BEST.

The forums are a great place to converse with fellow fans.

The 'Ask Sideshow' form is a great place to ask questions about artistic decisions and things that are not time sensitive.

Sideshow's Facebook page is a great place to keep abreast of news in a bit more of a 'casual' fashion than the weekly newsletter (keep in mind, those that run the Facebook page are in no way associated with the Production/Creative department!)

But if you want to make sure your concerns make it "to the source" - calling or emailing directly is the best way to do it! CS meets weekly with the production dept to discuss it all. :duff

Thanks Dusty! We have so many threads where people discuss some issue that they have had with the quality of the product they have received, both good and bad. Rather than just discuss it here in an insular fashion, I thought it might be helpful to you folks if we made a more concerted effort to provide feedback to Sideshow through appropriate channels. Thanks for chiming in and providing a better distinction for how best to voice concerns regarding quality control.

I thought it might be helpful to let you guys know our thoughts on the finished product, even if we might not be interested in making a return or an exchange, just to pass along feedback.

I like the move Seaward, like everyone else, I also have quality problems with 2 of my Collectibles.
Nothing that needs for me to return them, but we always want them to be perfect.
I know there is a threat, but there is also the fact that the boxes, well in my case, are always damaged cause they are not enough packed (live in switzerland, so international shipping)

I just wrote this message to show you that I agree with the idea.

Sectar02

Last edited:
Back