Hot Wheels 1/18 Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still hoping they do Batman & Robin just so I can complete.

As horribly unpractical as that design was it still looks incredible.

I am still hoping they do Batman & Robin just so I can complete.

As horribly unpractical as that design was it still looks incredible.

It's actually one of my favourite designs. The fins may be absolutely ridiculous, but the rest of the design is like a mash-up of the Keaton and West Batmobiles and it looks kickass. I definitely need one.

I too got the Keaton release back in what....2003? Still my favorite version, better than the Hot Toys cause it's so compact, yet still substantial. I still think that initial release was the best color scheme. Matte black, not glossy, no gold rims or accents like on later releases.

My only one complaint is I would still love a scale Batman behind the wheel, but it would have to be a small figure with no legs. And of course the lack of the cocoon bothers me.
Grab a 3.75" DC Multiverse Michael Keaton Batman figure. I've got one. They're slightly overscale, but it's very minor. It's possible you could pop the legs off the figure and seat it in the cockpit.

Is there a BTAS equivalent in scale that would fit this 1:18 line? I saw the 66 one for a good price, definitely getting that soon work my way from there. I would love to have something from BTAS that's roughly the same scale at least, but from what I understand the Nj Croce Animated car is 1:24.

I Think the " classic" is more accurate than the Elite with its strange colours...
To be closer than the real car i've modified mine to fix the weakneses: the too silver machine guns, the too orange headlights and added a little of colours in the cockpit...
:wink1:
It is a sort of mini HT...

This is the 2012 version with clear plastic windows behind the cabin.
The 2003 version has black plastic windows.

Grab a 3.75" DC Multiverse Michael Keaton Batman figure. I've got one. They're slightly overscale, but it's very minor. It's possible you could pop the legs off the figure and seat it in the cockpit.

Thought about it but I think it's still way too big. The seats inside are TINY. Only thing that seems just the right size would be an old M.A.S.K. figure and even they would need to lose the legs. I don't know of any Batman figure that size, let alone a Keaton deco-d one.

It's actually one of my favourite designs. The fins may be absolutely ridiculous, but the rest of the design is like a mash-up of the Keaton and West Batmobiles and it looks kickass. I definitely need one.

I'm more "Hey, snipers... I have zero cover and/or concealment. Take your shot."

A project completed awhile ago, my 1/18 Hot Wheels 1989 Batmobile. This is the most accurate Model of the car. The body is dead on to the original. I wasn't totally happy however so I performed a list of mods...I added lighting, repainted the car to mimic the flip/flop paint on the original, detailed the side pipes with painting and bare metal foil, per the car as it was seen in the original film. I also sanded the tires down a little to simulate wear and repainted the hub caps, again per the film. The machine guns were weathered and detail painted. the rear after burner was also weathered The inside rear fender vents were dry brushed with silver. The cockpit controls were accurately painted to mimic the look of the film.

Back