Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0543.jpg

No problem. Got a few more of him. Will get to them in order going through all the pics I took. :)

Better for filling in the gap when you have a tooth pulled.

The difference is that the hulking Iron Monger so much bigger than the 1:6 Iron Man figures will be worth the $550 (if that was the price) whereas the Gantry looks and is a bit overpriced.

Guess, I really only took just that one of Iron Monger. :lol Was too busy drooling over it.

My guess on the price is $400-500 just based on how detailed it was.

The gantry I think is prices right for complexity and size… but it's not exactly a high profile must-have item. Plus if you get the robot/Iron Man IV package with the gantry it's a pretty good deal. You end up getting the Mark IV and the robot for $140.

The difference is that the hulking Iron Monger so much bigger than the 1:6 Iron Man figures will be worth the $550 (if that was the price) whereas the Gantry looks and is a bit overpriced.

Agreed. The Monger is massive and obviously exceptionally detailed. 5 robot arms, 2 of which look frail and are small, plus a plastic base doesn't warrant $360, should be closer to $200 imo.

You guys just pull these numbers out of your ass.

I'm sorry the Gantry looks great but considering that the amount of tooling involved isn't much more than bigger versions of the included Robotic arm included with the Mech Test, I just don't see the $360 pricetag. I see that thing easily going for $199 but it is what it is. Each collectors has to make that knee-jerk call and while I do love it and think it'd make a dynamic and fantastic display I just don't see it being worth that. Whereas if Iron Monger hit $499 (the price of the Gantry with the Mark IV) I would considering perfectly fitting.

These numbers. Why should it be closer to $200? Because that's what you want it to be?

No, for the myriad of reasons listed in this thread and the gantry specific thread. If you're asking me what price I want it to be, that would be $0.99 :bunnydanc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back