Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering the fact that HT is coming out with Whiplash v1, an armored Whiplash would be the natural progression. And when they do come out with Armored Whiplash, an Iron Monger would be logical also, considering that he was the main villain in the movie.

I don't think HT should be afraid to dabble in the 1/6 scale vehicles/mecha domain. They did excellently with the Powerloader (so I'm informed, though I never bought one myself) and the Tumbler was the best product of any company in 2009 IMHO.

I much prefer the design of Whiplash Mark II over that of Iron Monger, just wish we could see more of it in the film!

It's them:

https://www.ezhobi-toys.com/htm/products/hg/mark3.htm

I will be buying their products as well. Awesome.

Nope not them, those are I think 1/10 scale. Maybe it was another forum I saw the pic in, but it was a prototype 1/6 Ironmonger. It even had a 1/6 figure inside when the chest piece was open, looked like Jeff Bridges too. They didn't have the liscense so i guess they didn't want Marvel up on them.

ironmongerhk.jpg

the one you guys are talking about is from a company www.bombertoys.com... they have since remove the product from their website..

my guess is either they don't have the license to produce.. or HT hiring them to develop/using their design as thier own. (like how HT worked together with how2work to produce Warlord figures)

Yep, that's the one! Man they could charge $300 and the people would bought the Hot Toys Ironman will buy this guy to compliment it. Such a shame as all they had to do was color it.

dead-horse.jpg

If you search these forums you'll find at least 15 threads about the HT Iron Monger and how its not going to happen. They've said over and over that it won't be cost effective to sell, the size and dynamics make it unrealistic to produce. They've said its something they'd like to do but pretty much gave it the ol' Sideshow "Maybe one day" which means never. Its a different animal than both the Power Loader and Tumbler. Even if they made it hollow it'd be expensive and the way the thigh joints are made you'd never fit a Stane in it unless you went the Bomber Toys way where you made the figure pull apart at the waist.

They've moved on and with Iron Man 2 in full flux and as many projects as HT has taken not to mention whatever the incarnation will be for The Avengers and eventually Iron Man 3, I think you'll only see Iron Mongers done as customs.

Oh Really?

https://invasiontoysandcollectibles.../conversation-with-howard-chan-president.html

Q: On specific characters from movie licenses, will Hot Toys produce Commissioner Gordon (Batman), Iron Monger (Iron Man), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)?

Howard: Yes. We have always planned to make Commissioner Gordon; initially we were informed that the actor (Gary Oldman) was not so supportive of the idea but our current understanding is that there is no such obstacle either from him or the main licensor so yes I can say that at some point we will be releasing a Gordon figure.

As for Iron Monger, it was always a case of cost issues and pricing, as you know it is a very large figure in 1/6 scale so to really do it justice and yet making it a price that will still be supported by the dealers and customers remain the greatest challenge.

Personally I want to see this made! But now given that Iron Man 2 the movie will be released soon and we are already committed to making a few characters from the new movie. We are also preparing a series of exciting promotional activities such as Iron Man exhibition in Hong Kong and Taiwan in Apr-May this year and a stream of exclusive privilege to our event participants. Therefore, from a timing standpoint we don’t know where to fit Iron Monger. But it remains in our development plans.

As for Jill Valentine, yes in speaking with our dealers and from what is discussed in the forums we know she is a very popular character so yes: I can say to her fans that you can look forward to Jill sometime in 2010!

Yeah really. "In our development plans" is company speak for don't expect it. Just like "its in production" is company speak for don't expect it anytime soon. In development literally could mean its just written on a wall of "What we'd like to do". Remember HT's 1:6 Alien Queen is still "in our development plans" just like LOTR figures were in development plans before they finally killed the line. If the timing isn't good for Iron Man 2 what makes you think that they'll release it later on? :lol I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well, you can pretty much make a statement say whatever you want if you're working off the basic premise that someone is lying.

To me saying it's still part of a development plan is a lot stronger than saying "maybe some day." It also directly contradicts the assertion they are "done" with Iron Man.

If the logic is that they won't touch Iron Monger because the film is too old... look at the Blade III figure.

Now, do I think it's going to happen? I'd be skeptical. But being skeptical is a lot different than insisting it'll never happen.

Really? Its cost effective to produce, yet an unknown little company not even the size that Hot Toys is made a working prototype with a 1/6figure inside with a light up arc reactor. It's like Toyota said we can't produce a full size truck....oh wait, they did:cuckoo:

What? I know there is a joke in there but I can't make it out. You know that Iron Man figures with their light up arc aren't built on a true type right? There isn't a figure underneath them....

As for JonWes' post, its not that they are lying its that they are simply refusing to directly answer the question. Sideshow for example said way back in the beginning of the Star Wars line that a Grevious is never going to happen. Then after new advancements continued they wanted to backpedal but it had been published, we haven't seen a 1:6 Grevious and they aren't talking about it really but they don't rule it out just in case.

Blade figures aren't comparable, that HT getting older licenses and moving backwards not a line that is currently in flux moving forward. The reality is that Iron Man has one more film in it with this creative team, no one knows what will happen and Favreau has said he is unsure yet because everyone is waiting to see what happens in Avengers before planning post stories.

Iron Man is big because it is now, when Thor, Cap, the new Spidey, The Avengers are all out that is a lot of Marvel to be circulating not to mention I guarantee a suit change for Stark in The Avengers of some sort, after that its IM3 then when the next team takes over it might continue or reboot, with so much on the horizon I wouldn't count on it UNLESS HT finds a way to satisify whatever bottom line they are holding but not talking about to make it profitable and then they'll throw them out there for the sheer impressive size. Until then though I remain in the never gonna happen. They've been looking like I said before for the perfect equation for the HT Alien Queen in 1:6 form for a while.

I don't count out a bust being made eventually though...

If you search these forums you'll find at least 15 threads about the HT Iron Monger and how its not going to happen. They've said over and over that it won't be cost effective to sell, the size and dynamics make it unrealistic to produce. They've said its something they'd like to do but pretty much gave it the ol' Sideshow "Maybe one day" which means never. Its a different animal than both the Power Loader and Tumbler. Even if they made it hollow it'd be expensive and the way the thigh joints are made you'd never fit a Stane in it unless you went the Bomber Toys way where you made the figure pull apart at the waist.

They've moved on and with Iron Man 2 in full flux and as many projects as HT has taken not to mention whatever the incarnation will be for The Avengers and eventually Iron Man 3, I think you'll only see Iron Mongers done as customs.

I always thought that Stane just sat inside the chest area, which is the cockpit, as his arms and legs would never reach Iron Monger's limbs or even bend if Stane was manually controlling Iron Monger's movements with his body. Besides, we only ever see him inside Iron Monger up till his waist anyway, so would it be so bad to just stick a TT Stane up to the waist in the Iron Monger?

Really? Its [[not]] cost effective to produce, yet an unknown little company not even the size that Hot Toys is made a working prototype with a 1/6figure inside with a light up arc reactor.

Couple things..

1. HT could make a prototype too. Hell even YOU could make a prototype if you wanted to. But that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not it would be "cost effective" to mass produce the actual figure. Because nothing is being sold.

2. That Iron Monger is a model kit, not a fully functional, poseable 1/6 scale figure. It's hollow and has very minor (if any) poseability. And that's because it isn't a 1/6 scale figure like HT makes, it's a model. Not sure how you (or anyone else) can compare the two. It's a lot easier AND cheaper to make and distribute static model kits then it is to engineer and manufacture complex 1/6 figures like HT has done with the Iron Man line.

3. That Iron Monger was also unlicensed i.e. illegal, that's the reason why it's no longer on the Bomber Toys site. If HT (or any big company) didn't have to pay licensing fees I guarantee you'd see a lot more stuff being produced. Because THAT would make products more "cost effective". But that's not how it works when you're a big named company.

Man thats um well damn nice. Would be a nice finishing touch on the Iron Man figures outside of making a stain figure and potts.

Looks like a minifigure to me, not 1/6 scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back