1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have a Wonder Woman yet so this could be the one I get for my collection. Really dig the comic inspired look a lot. It would be cool if it was just full on Lynda Carter to go with West, Ward, and Reeve, but I can see where that might have a more limited appeal overall. Plus who knows if they’d be able to get Carter’s likeness rights.

Since they are going for a classic Wonder Woman concept figure I wonder why they didn't give her trunks instead of the skirt.

I cancel my pre-ordered Hot Toys Wonder Woman JL Deluxe with popcultcha.com.au. I might get this instead. Don't have to worry about JL version supposed to be looking like Gal Gadot but this "comic" version WILL look like Wonder Woman. Maybe it's unsold WW BVS or JL's versions repainted :wink1:

I cancel my pre-ordered Hot Toys Wonder Woman JL Deluxe with popcultcha.com.au. I might get this instead. Don't have to worry about JL version supposed to be looking like Gal Gadot but this "comic" version WILL look like Wonder Woman. Maybe it's unsold WW BVS or JL's versions repainted :wink1:

What’s crazy is this is a JL version just concept :horror

Good lord that headsculpt. They can’t even make the JL sculpt look good in their own promo shots. Compare it to the proto JL head, worlds apart.

The costume itself is cute however, and I may have considered it with a different HS, but as it is, it’s a pass.

I rather like this, but would have preferred a Lynda Carter. However, I just don't trust Hot Toys' rubber skin, so don't think I'll ever get a Wonder Woman.

Plus who knows if they’d be able to get Carter’s likeness rights.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure who holds the rights to the show or if Linda has to sign off on the sculpt but maybe they are having difficulty securing the license and this is the next best thing.

Perhaps it’s their way of showing said license holders that they can produce something amazing and worth wild while gauging interest in the old show.

7c4352dcb0081958ba86cdbe56e5e972.jpg
The star design on the central segment of the skirt makes me think its like she is urinating.

Even though it is the justice league head, the hair looks a lot better than the justice league version.

You'd think they would have at least ditched the leather wraps around her hands. Doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the "classic" look.

Yeah they look totally out of place on this version. I like these concept art figures but wish they'd go further. Don't mind them reusing the head and body but they could have got rid of those wraps, given her the briefs instead of a skirt and used boots more like the ones worn by Lynda Carter.

Since they are going for a classic Wonder Woman concept figure I wonder why they didn't give her trunks instead of the skirt.

That would take effort.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure who holds the rights to the show or if Linda has to sign off on the sculpt but maybe they are having difficulty securing the license and this is the next best thing.

Perhaps it’s their way of showing said license holders that they can produce something amazing and worth wild while gauging interest in the old show.

I think this has zero to do with the TV Wonder Woman and HT is just trying to bank on their current product.

This is more of HT taking a design concept, using the comic book design for nostalgia but use very little outfit changes from the movie to minimize cost and materials ,but at the same gauging sales to the collectors :lecture

They just sales..I’d say this has very little to none reference to the Carter tv WW show

You'd think they would have at least ditched the leather wraps around her hands. Doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the "classic" look.
Yeah, they don’t look quite right I agree. You could probably just find some regular female hands though.

I actually like this comic/classic concept, I may bite since I'm enamored with (comic and animated) Wonder Woman.

Though I do not have any HT figures with a seamless body, I'll feel wary about this one.

Figure let down by Hot Toys sexist policy of rooted hair mandatory for female figures.

Back