1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT skimped out on the dreads again. Looks like he's balding behind the head in some shots.

From what I’m seeing, the bio-mask is the only thing that’s iffy on this guy to me. It looks like it’s a same case as the CH 2.0’s mask, where the stock is passable, but a custom one will take it to higher levels. Everything else, I’m liking.

Why they went to the bug eyed mesh when they had it correct on the proto with the lenses, I’m not sure.

^ Thing is the bug eye mesh is accurate though. Some scenes he has lenses while others he just has the mesh. Even the AVP Requiem cover has the mesh eyes. There are instances of both throughout the film, when it's not dark as ****.

avpr.jpg
avpr2.jpg
avpr3.jpg

Ah ok, interesting. I wasn't privy of that. All of the shots I've seen of him he's always had the lenses. If I had to choose between the two though, I wish they still went with the proto mask that had the lenses as I think I prefer that look for the mask, but it's good to know that the mesh isn't entirely inaccurate.

I'm not too familiar with the nitty gritty details of the Predator franchise, but are all the Predators' heads this tall?

I thought they were like the 2nd behind-the-scenes photo but maybe it's just the angle of the shot with the actor tilting his head back chin up? or low angle shots?

all new style HT predators have giraffe necks. super easy to fix though.

Having watched that vid actually it seems Ian's suit did have that narrow head in the back, it's just that they covered it in with more hair than ht did. Ht didn't do anywhere near the right amount of hair.

Having watched that vid actually it seems Ian's suit did have that narrow head in the back, it's just that they covered it in with more hair than ht did. Ht didn't anywhere near the right amount of hair.

It bugged me about the old figure and it's therefore the standout annoyance with this one. Same problem with Berserker, Falconer and Tracker. Skimpy dreads.

Well, I was never buying this anyway.

Is this the particular image that people are referencing for the lack of dreads, because it's the only one where it looks iffy to me:

49001861_10155961088762344_6106605838850326528_o.jpg

I can't really tell for certain because it's dark and there are dreads in the way, but it almost looks like the dreads are focused mainly at the top of the head and there's really nothing in the back.

It bugged me about the old figure and it's therefore the standout annoyance with this one. Same problem with Berserker, Falconer and Tracker. Skimpy dreads.

Well, I was never buying this anyway.

Makes sense. While it is a nitpick, if it prevents one from getting the figure, I would think they probably didn't really want it that much to begin with regardless.

My nitpick with Berserker's dreads is not a lack of, it's that they're too short.

Though in this particular screen shot from a part at the end of that behind the scenes video, the dreads do look like they are more focused at the upper rear part of the head and there really aren't any directly in back of his head. HT just probably could have perhaps used a little bit more.

image.jpeg

Now that I’ve had some time to really look at some photos of this guy , I’m really excited about getting this guy . I already have 2 Wolf predators in the collection but this guy looks like a major step up . I really wish they could have given us a new diorama .
03f4ca85a8683e2739283af72928ce4f.jpg
cf600cb474c35d5aea5c529ba9d50dcb.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like they're pulling a NECA here, and cutting corners by using the torso from the upcoming Fugitive Predator? The torso on the proto was a bit skinnier. This one's a bit thicker (look at the loincloth/belt area) around the midsection, and it has those funky new abs like the Fugitive does.

View attachment 437836

Yeah you are right...which is weird considering there is a photo when the sculptor working on the figure and the sculpting is different there. It is very disappointing. 1703e6a6931b21f1cd29025efa93341e.jpg

The proto figure has a similar design on the abdomen though:

wolf-predator-gallery-9.jpg

We don’t know what the abdomen of the Fugitive Predator figure looks like, since it’s covered by armor.

Though in this particular screen shot from a part at the end of that behind the scenes video, the dreads do look like they are more focused at the upper rear part of the head and there really aren't any directly in back of his head. HT just probably could have perhaps used a little bit more.

View attachment 437958

Not to be that guy, but that prop suit has at least 25 dreads on the back there. This photo shows they are not only not enough but are too short:
avp.jpg

No worries, I'll be the guy who disagrees with you.

The length looks fine to me, at least based on where they fall in the back in comparison to the prop photo. I concur though that HT could have used more dreads, at least another row. But even in that prop photo, the dreads don't appear to be focused on the direct back of the head, but more so on the top rear. To be true 1/6 scale, I think the dreads need to be thinner. Consequently, I think it causes the dreads to look more sparse and like there's not as many as there actually are in 1/1 scale. This is something that I think the majority of HT Preds suffer from.

Back