1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something looks off basing on the other photos. I think the head (or is it the mask?) is undersized a little bit. Would have been nice if HT added hidden articulation at the torso as a surprise. Oh well.. still awesome!

My old HT Wolf. Can't wait to get the new one. :)

8383638588_b96689aff8_b.jpg

Yeah I think Tsang resized the mandibles on him just slightly, and for his Bio mask it seems as if its a little more narrower to me but it could be lighting, he also added the mesh on the eyes of the Bio mask and I've noticed that they added the scarring on his right shoulder compared to the first prototype. His color scheme seems to have gotten darker by a tad but those are the things I've noticed so far.

Is it just me, or does it look like they're pulling a NECA here, and cutting corners by using the torso from the upcoming Fugitive Predator? The torso on the proto was a bit skinnier. This one's a bit thicker (look at the loincloth/belt area) around the midsection, and it has those funky new abs like the Fugitive does.

DF_14814_R2_rgb_20400 (1).jpg

Did a quick tweak in Photoshop.

View attachment 361011

I think if they just addressed this, it might become the first masked Predator I would display without the mask. It's so close, Hot Toys and Tsang, PLEASE address it.

Looks like they did tweak it a little, thankfully.

Also the new (Fugitive?) body seems lankier than the initial proto shots, which is promising.

This could become the best HT Predator release since the 2.0 P2 Elder and Celtic.

Any ETAs for North America?

Is it just me, or does it look like they're pulling a NECA here, and cutting corners by using the torso from the upcoming Fugitive Predator? The torso on the proto was a bit skinnier. This one's a bit thicker (look at the loincloth/belt area) around the midsection, and it has those funky new abs like the Fugitive does.

View attachment 437836

I noticed that too.

Attachments

• InkedWolf Predator_LI.jpg
    InkedWolf Predator_LI.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 189
FlamboyantHoarseCondor-small.gif

Overall, I think it looks good just based on initial photos. Some things got better, some things seemingly got lost in production, but as mentioned, it could entirely be based on angles and lighting.

The sculpt I think looks phenomenal. Bio-mask does seem a bit narrower than what it looked in the proto pictures, but again, could just be lighting and angles. I also wish they had kept the lenses for the eyes as opposed to making them mesh, I don't think they were mesh. I could see someone potentially making a custom bio-mask for this with the white eye lenses and the cracked lense on the left eye. As for the body, I can't really tell if it's the Fugitive body or not. You're unable to see the bare midsection of the Fugitive Predator figure because as mentioned, it's covered by armor. And on the Wolf proto, the midsection kind of looks like it has the similar design going on that's causing people to think it's the Fugitive body. The color of the body also looks slightly different than the proto; the proto to me had more of a lizard green tint to it, whereas the final product seems to have more of a brownish/greenish tint to it, which I like better because it looks more accurate to me in many of the production photos I see that are under relatively normal lighting. Good eye by HT by also adding the shoulder scarring, which the proto lacked.

Based on these particular photos, I really do like the color of the body on the final product. Second image in particular, which also coincidentally demonstrates why I mentioned I could see someone potentially offering a custom bio-mask for this with the white lenses and the cracked left lense:

image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Can't wait to finally receive this guy and add him to the Pred collection, it's been a long time coming. I was getting tired of looking at the proto pictures and wishing that I had him displayed in the collection. This and Scar 2.0 I think are going to be my two prized Predator figures.

First instinct when the final product of a figure is released though is to look for the flaws, and the initial blogger photos are seldom ever the best photos. The in-hand photos and in-hand impressions are the best to go by.

Looks like they did tweak it a little, thankfully.

Also the new (Fugitive?) body seems lankier than the initial proto shots, which is promising.

This could become the best HT Predator release since the 2.0 P2 Elder and Celtic.

Any ETAs for North America?

SSC generally gets their stock 4-6 weeks after HK release, so I'm guessing end of January or early February.

Where are the usual eBay HK sellers that have things in stock sooner? There's only one right now and asking $400 plus shipping. I think that's a bit much. :gah:

I'm not too familiar with the nitty gritty details of the Predator franchise, but are all the Predators' heads this tall?

I thought they were like the 2nd behind-the-scenes photo but maybe it's just the angle of the shot with the actor tilting his head back chin up? or low angle shots?

attachment.php

49001847_10155961090227344_2541748644906795008_n.jpg

Looks really good. I just have the classic Pred. Maybe I might get this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It bothers me that he basically has no back to his head, it's all bare back there. There is this big empty spot back there for no reason, they didn't even use that space to fill in more hair. That aside he looks more or less as expected, good accessories, good articulation, good sculpt. Also i remember the proto having lenses in the mask. The bug eye kind of mesh is accurate, all it needed was those silver lenses put in it, why they couldn't bother with that extra step makes no sense.

Back