1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own them all, Bo. I'm still getting Wolf, but I am doing something different with my display. That way each of my Predators will stand out. I'm keeping some in the detolfs, but I'm also gonna make shelves over my entertainment center to display Wolf and a couple other figures separately. That way Wolf doesn't just blend in with all the other Predators I own.

Already got Scar, City Hunter, and P2 Elder with Wolf on order. Crossing fingers for a P1 as well. I'm planning to display all my Predators together, but eventually with enough space between them that they don't appear cramped and homogenous.

Then again I don't collect more than 4 or 5 licenses, so I'm less worried about that wow factor being diluted. Trying to offset that by going only for the main (or most iconic) Preds. No Losties, additional AVPs, or Supers.

I own them all, Bo. I'm still getting Wolf, but I am doing something different with my display. That way each of my Predators will stand out. I'm keeping some in the detolfs, but I'm also gonna make shelves over my entertainment center to display Wolf and a couple other figures separately. That way Wolf doesn't just blend in with all the other Predators I own.

Already got Scar, City Hunter, and P2 Elder with Wolf on order. Crossing fingers for a P1 as well. I'm planning to display all my Predators together, but eventually with enough space between them that they don't appear cramped and homogenous.

Then again I don't collect more than 4 or 5 licenses, so I'm less worried about that wow factor being diluted. Trying to offset that by going only for the main (or most iconic) Preds. No Losties, additional AVPs, or Supers.

which ones do you guys think are the best so far? I don't collect figures other than for my work desk, so this guy is on my radar. I might get another Pred to go with him, not sure.

Curious if collectors who own Scar & P2 Elder 2.0’s are considering Wolf? I own them and feel like my HT Predator quota is filled. Wolf will not bring anymore ‘WOW” factor to my PREDATOR display as the “WOW” would be diluted between the three. I think WOLF is an outstanding figure but feel like if I consider the $300 to purchase, I should consider the $300 (or even less) to another completely different sculpt/character who would own the entire “WOW” factor to themselves…..

You bet. It's a 100% purchase for me. I know the feeling; wanting the iconic ones. But they're all iconic (some more than others of course) in their own way, and the group ones really complete each-other.

IMG_20170528_022546_765.jpg

IMG_20170606_014348_304.jpg

The Bestå's two top shelves are getting crowded, so Wolf will have to be accompanied by Predalien in the bottom third square.

which ones do you guys think are the best so far? I don't collect figures other than for my work desk, so this guy is on my radar. I might get another Pred to go with him, not sure.

In terms of film accuracy, P2 Elder and this new Wolf are easily HT's best IMO. But if you're only buying one to represent the entire franchise and you'd rather not have a secondary or AVP-based character, you may want to go for Classic (using the non-damaged mask) or wait for a P1 2.0.

On the possibility of a P1 2.0, I'm fairly certain they'll do it eventually. Dunno if it'll take three months or three years, but it'll happen.

Azurepred, I agree with Blade. If you want accuracy, P2 Elder or Wolf would be the way to go. Followed by Classic, from the movie PREDATORS. If y'ant something that's iconic, and can easily represent the franchise as a whole I'd suggest getting a Classic Predator, then getting in touch with German Beast, DanosCustoms, or someone similar who makes add on parts to convert Classic to P1

Curious if collectors who own Scar & P2 Elder 2.0’s are considering Wolf? I own them and feel like my HT Predator quota is filled. Wolf will not bring anymore ‘WOW” factor to my PREDATOR display as the “WOW” would be diluted between the three. I think WOLF is an outstanding figure but feel like if I consider the $300 to purchase, I should consider the $300 (or even less) to another completely different sculpt/character who would own the entire “WOW” factor to themselves…..

I don't understand this "dilute the wow factor thing." if you coordinate your shelves, each one will stand out. Wolf looks amazing and from these shots will look great on shelves. I'm definitely picking it up to go alongside the other great Predators I have.

I currently have three Predator creature figures - The "Classic" (with original P1 accessories), the City Hunter 2.0, and the Elder 2.0. I have never owned an AvP-based figure, and wasn't ever planning to get any, but the effort & detail put into this one has won me over.

I don't understand this "dilute the wow factor thing." if you coordinate your shelves, each one will stand out. Wolf looks amazing and from these shots will look great on shelves. I'm definitely picking it up to go alongside the other great Predators I have.

I get where he's coming from. It's why I don't buy too many figures from a single line. Much more impressive to have three or less than an entire shelf lined with figures standing straight up next to each other. At that point, I'm less impressed by the details of each individual piece and more distracted by the quantity. Then again, I tend to take a "home decor" approach with collecting. Bit more sparse, not really trying to fill my shelves.

With Predators, even focusing on the leads from each film, I'm bound to have more than three so I'll try to spread them out as best I can. Coordination is key. Some folks just don't have the shelves (or space to put shelves) to make a larger collection "work" in that way. I get antsy at times, thinking I've got to sell when things feel too visually crowded.

Celtic 2.0 is one of my favorite Preds. The set was fully packed out with nothing really missing that I could think of. It looks amazing on the shelf too. Has a ton of presence.

Not that it's a necessity, but it would've been cool for them to include a red pyramid hologram with him. Little contrast with the blue hologram Classic has. They really did fill that package to the brim with accessories, though. Great value.

I get where he's coming from. It's why I don't buy too many figures from a single line. Much more impressive to have three or less than an entire shelf lined with figures standing straight up next to each other. At that point, I'm less impressed by the details of each individual piece and more distracted by the quantity.

Dammit yes. That's how I'm feeling about my HT Terminator collection lately. So much money tied up in those and yet I feel I have cheapened them by having so many. Next time I get a couple of days off together I'm going to have a serious look at what I might no longer need. Even if I don't sell the stuff I'm curious what I could do for my display by boxing some of it away.

However I've thought this way before and failed utterly to do anything about it so...

i do understand it. there really are lots of HT predators, and they take lots of space even when standing straight, so if one doesn't have several shelves dedicated to predators, they look crowded. i already have that problem with mine.
didn't even display the ones from AVP and Predators yet because of no space.
well if i manage to make a display for TMNT, the shelf they currently occupy will be dedicated to predators only, will see how it'll work.

In terms of film accuracy, P2 Elder and this new Wolf are easily HT's best IMO. But if you're only buying one to represent the entire franchise and you'd rather not have a secondary or AVP-based character, you may want to go for Classic (using the non-damaged mask) or wait for a P1 2.0.

On the possibility of a P1 2.0, I'm fairly certain they'll do it eventually. Dunno if it'll take three months or three years, but it'll happen.

Azurepred, I agree with Blade. If you want accuracy, P2 Elder or Wolf would be the way to go. Followed by Classic, from the movie PREDATORS. If y'ant something that's iconic, and can easily represent the franchise as a whole I'd suggest getting a Classic Predator, then getting in touch with German Beast, DanosCustoms, or someone similar who makes add on parts to convert Classic to P1

Thanks, I think I will go with your guys opinions and get those 2 and be done with em. After Classic, those are my next 2 fav anyways. I have enough P1 statues to fulfill my want for that character.

I get where he's coming from. It's why I don't buy too many figures from a single line. Much more impressive to have three or less than an entire shelf lined with figures standing straight up next to each other. At that point, I'm less impressed by the details of each individual piece and more distracted by the quantity. Then again, I tend to take a "home decor" approach with collecting. Bit more sparse, not really trying to fill my shelves.

With Predators, even focusing on the leads from each film, I'm bound to have more than three so I'll try to spread them out as best I can. Coordination is key. Some folks just don't have the shelves (or space to put shelves) to make a larger collection "work" in that way. I get antsy at times, thinking I've got to sell when things feel too visually crowded.

I full heartedly agree with ya there, brother. When I get my detolfs and Hot Toys Predators down from Ohio to Alabama I'm gonna do a "deep sweep" and try and reorganize them. They look cluttered and crowded. In a sense it looks awesome having so many, but like you said, when ya have 10 Predators next to each other the eye tends to see the quantity and not the craftsmanship and detail within each sculpture.

That's also another reason why I'll be making 3 shelves each holding one figure. It's gonna go above the TV with LED lights on the bottom of the shelf to illuminate the figure. That way they're more than a "toy," they'll be a piece of my homes decor. Almost like a painting on the wall. It'll be showcased separate from all the others and will really catch the eye of my guests when they enter the house.

Not that it's a necessity, but it would've been cool for them to include a red pyramid hologram with him. Little contrast with the blue hologram Classic has. They really did fill that package to the brim with accessories, though. Great value.

Oh...that would have been cool. It's such a neat feature on classic too. One other thing I would wanted was a battle damaged helmet simulating the inner alien mouth puncturing celtics head...Would have been cool for a diorama display.

Imagine if the Grid Alien 2.0, I'm dreaming and know no news on this, came with a battle damaged Celtics mask that could be put on the Celtic Predator headaculpt?! That would be the perfect accessory to am already barren figure, and quite fitting.

I have the same problem with overcrowding as you can see in the photo. It's not the setup I want but I'm forced to because of lack of space. One day I'm going to organize my figures properly if I get the time.

vhqphh.jpg

Imagine if the Grid Alien 2.0, I'm dreaming and know no news on this, came with a battle damaged Celtics mask that could be put on the Celtic Predator headaculpt?! That would be the perfect accessory to am already barren figure, and quite fitting.

A grid alien 2.0 would be cool, but Celtic already comes with his battle damaged mask. Unless you are talking about a mask with a huge hole thru the forehead from when he dies, that would be a cool accessory.

Back