1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone needs to do a fan edit of AvPR to include only scenes with Wolf predator in them!

I know wolf is lean, but he is very fit and athletic looking (if that makes sense). I think the main problem is tsang himself as P. likes to say. All the tsang bodies have the same torso's and lack of shoulder depth. I will just concede that people like what they see so far and that we are lucky that ht even remember they have the license. I looked up the 1.0 version and it does look worse than i remembered :horror

I know wolf is lean, but he is very fit and athletic looking (if that makes sense). I think the main problem is tsang himself as P. likes to say. All the tsang bodies have the same torso's and lack of shoulder depth. I will just concede that people like what they see so far and that we are lucky that ht even remember they have the license. I looked up the 1.0 version and it does look worse than i remembered :horror

Ya this definitely isn't perfect, I think it just looks that way when you compare it to the original. There are a lot of things that could be improved but I think it already looks great as it is.

You don't like Avp, that's interesting, I don't think anyone has ever seen you mention that :horse :lol
yeah because i never mentioned that.
i don't like dumb stories like comics, and i don't like when cool franchises are turned into some collage **** that dota fans can understand.
for example, this "predator" behaved dumb as a hillbilly, and he could be killed lots of times on screen if humans there weren't even dumber. or should i say - if fans of that crap weren't.

View attachment 354658View attachment 354659View attachment 354660View attachment 354661View attachment 354662View attachment 354663View attachment 354664View attachment 354665View attachment 354666View attachment 354667View attachment 354668View attachment 354669View attachment 354670View attachment 354671View attachment 354672

Here's a few pics from Inside the Monster Shop for comparison, for those that don't have that book. Definitely not too skinny imo, wolf was meant to be lean and faster then other preds, one of the things that made him so deadly. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Quality's just fine, mate. Thanks for sharing. Lot of this is not available online. It's safe to say this guy's torso is quite different to any other screen-shown Predator. Longer, more narrow and similarly wide from top to bottom. Let's hope HT captures that. NECA did, and that was almost a decade ago.

Tsang, study these.

i think it is as is ugly as any jajuja dream but way better than original HT fece they called "wolf". i don't know why they didn't commit suicide after producing wolf 1.0 - as well as why anybody who bought it didn't do the same.
this one is way better than 1.0 because nothing could be worse than 1.0.
except for Star Ace of course.

it's just a disproportional tsang crap, that's all.
when he sculpts his crap, he's looking at old toys (like 90', 00'), and never at movie references, did you know that?
WHY is this person not banned? Just drive by trolling comments.

yeah because i never mentioned that.
i don't like dumb stories like comics, and i don't like when cool franchises are turned into some collage **** that dota fans can understand.
for example, this "predator" behaved dumb as a hillbilly, and he could be killed lots of times on screen if humans there weren't even dumber. or should i say - if fans of that crap weren't.

Troll angry, troll must make everyone hate what troll hate. Also troll will buy super expensive figure of this, even though troll has spent much time talking about how it isn't even a predator figure cause troll is the worst piece of garbage that the world can produce.......blah blah blah, more of the same, rinse and repeat :lol

Troll angry, troll must make everyone hate what troll hate. Also troll will buy super expensive figure of this, even though troll has spent much time talking about how it isn't even a predator figure cause troll is the worst piece of garbage that the world can produce.......blah blah blah, more of the same, rinse and repeat :lol

you can block P. and you never have to read his posts, unless someones quotes him. it makes the threads so much better

Funny thingI wanted a predator so badly that I almost went for the 1.0 glad I didn't when I look at this. The only thing I would like from it seeing comparison pics is a taller torso region. Someone pointed that out in an earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpgimage.jpg

Found a couple of new pics on toy ark's site, I like what I see!

I wonder if the cannons will be on ball joints, unlike the previous versions. They were easily modded, but still would be nice if they were ready to go right out of the box.

The more I look at this, the more I think my only gripe is its torso's length. Needs to be a bit longer, preferably with slightly narrower shoulders. I'll buy it either way, but if they address it this will be a strong addition to HT's Predator line-up.

hTX6yZY.jpg

yeah they always give them too short torsos. if they made torsos longer, it would also slightly fix "the midget predators" problem.
some people in the past gave their predators a "belly mod" by sculpting some additional height to the base of the torso and painting it, but those were old bodies, easily disassembled.

Keep in mind there's some serious distortion in the right photo. Here's another version of that photo I found online, which I'm betting is the original.

latest

I've been a pretty loud critic of HT's handling of the Alien and Predator lines over the years, but I have to admit: this and the P2 Elder are pretty damn solid. Seems to me some people are so used to hating on the company's efforts that they'll keep it up even with near-perfect releases simply for consistency's sake.

I wasn't pleased with many of Tsang's past attempts at sculpting these beasts, but he's made massive improvements recently. And Dano from Dano's Customs told me he even shared reference photos with him.

Take a step back from this and consider the tune you'd be singing if you'd never seen a Tsang sculpt until now. This is great, reused base notwithstanding. Or does every pockmark have to be placed with millimeter-perfect precision to warrant approval? We're splitting hairs at this point.

Last edited:
Keep in mind there's some serious distortion in the right photo. Here's another version of that photo I found online, which I'm betting is the original.

latest

I've been a pretty loud critic of HT's handling of the Alien and Predator lines over the years, but I have to admit: this and the P2 Elder are pretty damn solid. Seems to me some people are so used to hating on the company's efforts that they'll keep it up even with near-perfect releases simply for consistency's sake.

I wasn't pleased with many of Tsang's past attempts at sculpting these beasts, but he's made massive improvements recently. And Dano from Dano's Customs told me he even shared reference photos with him.

Take a step back from this and consider the tune you'd be singing if you'd never seen a Tsang sculpt until now. This is great, reused base notwithstanding. Or does every pockmark have to be placed with millimeter-perfect precision to warrant approval? We're splitting hairs at this point.

Was that respond addressed to me? Because I'm not splitting any hairs here. I underlined this is great and I will get it either way.

I'm aware of Dano's contribution and asked him to raise the torso issue with Tsang as well. I don't care about the base one bit as long as the figure is solid, and this is so nearly there. It could be a Magnum Opus, for crying out loud, as long a as they nail the face.

That's why it's a shame to at least not raise the torso issue while it's still being developed. The current torso feels like the other 2.0 Predators, and when it comes to Wolf (and Wolf only) that doesn't quite work. It just needs to be either longer or more narrow shouldered. Again underlined by the pic you shared.

Either way, easy P.O.

Back