HOT TOYS we need you PREDATOR's to be in TRUE 1/6 scale petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really hate to have Predator 1 taller than all my other Preds. I would rather have a Pred at the same height as everyone else and not look like a mutated super Pred.

I think it's pretty close. Especially if you go off the scene where the Pred picks Arnie up bt the throat and is looking him eye to eye. Arnold is about 6'3 and he has him a little over a foot off the ground. Either way, a little bigger pred would be nice, but i'm getting him either way!

You are kinda right. HT's Predators should be a little taller. However, they still look great in size.

Its fine the way it is . Seriously, you are just knit picking.

Get over it:naughty

While I agree that HT's Predators are slightly undersized, I don't see this as a huge issue. They look OK when posed with their companion human / Alien figures.

Furthermore, for me at least a big chunk of the appeal of the HT line is having all of these different Predators in a common scale - that's been my grail since P2 was released. I'd be REALLY hacked off if they suddenly changed scale, as the new figure wouldn't readily fit in with the older ones.

While I agree that HT's Predators are slightly undersized, I don't see this as a huge issue. They look OK when posed with their companion human / Alien figures.

Furthermore, for me at least a big chunk of the appeal of the HT line is having all of these different Predators in a common scale - that's been my grail since P2 was released. I'd be REALLY hacked off if they suddenly changed scale, as the new figure wouldn't readily fit in with the older ones.

It could be worse. What if HT produce the same size/scale figs like........Medicom. :monkey1

The pic the OP posted, to me, shows that the predator is barely taller than the humans at all. Keep in mind that he is on a custom bulkier stand - as far as I can tell that is contributing rather more to his being taller than I would like. However its too late to change that kind of thing now and I'm sure he'll at least be in scale with the other predators.

Ian Whyte who played Scar ect. in both AVP films is around the same height as KPH. I have met him and I am 6' and he towarded over me.

This picture shows the difference here:

(I'm the alien to the right lol)

DSCF0777-1.jpg

I think the scale difference between the Hot Toys figers is OK.

Bri:emperor

I think it's pretty close. Especially if you go off the scene where the Pred picks Arnie up bt the throat and is looking him eye to eye. Arnold is about 6'3 and he has him a little over a foot off the ground. Either way, a little bigger pred would be nice, but i'm getting him either way!

Actually, Arnold lies. He's about 5'11" tall. It's something that's been in continual debate throughout his bodybuilding career and even when he hit the governor's office with an assembly member busting out a tape measure and him scurrying off :lol:

conanwilt.jpg

I don't know how much of this has been answered and I didn't care to read all the back and forth BS in this thread, but here is my 2 cents.

I'm all for preds being a bit taller, although I don't think they were 8'... It's the same with aliens. Some over-enthusiastic fan once said the aliens were 8' and now it's supposed to be canon.

Andrews in Alien 3 said, "Let me see if I've got this right, Lieutenant, it's 8' creature of some kind with acid for blood, and it arrived on your space ship."

And this is based on her experience on the Nostromo and on LV 426.

I don't know how much of this has been answered and I didn't care to read all the back and forth BS in this thread, but here is my 2 cents.

Andrews in Alien 3 said, "Let me see if I've got this right, Lieutenant, it's 8' creature of some kind with acid for blood, and it arrived on your space ship."

And this is based on her experience on the Nostromo and on LV 426.

Oh, I'm sure Ripley could accurately gage the size of a creature that is always moving around in the dark, generally stooping and trying very hard to kill her. Besides, that is Andrews' riposte to her, so maybe he was exaggerating what Ripley told him.

The better quote for the 8' claim is in the Quad set where somebody from the production says they wanted to portray these 8' creatures.

But still, the fact is Bolaji was "over" 7' tall and with the costume on wouldn't make to 8'.

Yes, I think the scale is close enough i not right on the money. 14inch in a 1/6 scale world = 7ft tall. Kevin Peter Hall was 7ft 2inch's tall. Ian Whyte who plays the new Predators in the AVP series is 7ft 1inch tall. Like mentioned above, I do not believe the costume adds so much to their height to tower them 8ft tall or more. The Scale is Just fine, my not be 100% on point, but it is in the correct 7ft area.
Kevin is 7'2" & Arnold is 6'3" , what would 6'3" be in a 1/6 scale?

Well if they were to make one taller I would want it to be this one.....P1 is the best he should be an inch above the rest....but thats just what i would like to see....In any case 14" is how big it will be and im fine with that but like I said if given a choice yeah I would like him bigger.....you Know you could just make the predator look taller add some sculpt to the feet prop up the stand or make custom stand to ad to the one it comes with.... use fake grass and what ever make it your own dude.....:gun

Actually, Arnold lies. He's about 5'11" tall. It's something that's been in continual debate throughout his bodybuilding career and even when he hit the governor's office with an assembly member busting out a tape measure and him scurrying off :lol:

conanwilt.jpg

That is too funny! I remember being shocked at how short Arnold was when I saw him photographed next to Bush 41 who is like 6'4 I think. And then later Arnold seems to the same height or a little taller than Bush 43 who is 5'11. But I wouldn't put it past him to wear lifts.

Did the math of KPH bare height and it comes out to 14.4 inches. Good ENOUGH for me. You really looking into it too much.

well.............if nothing else sined.........you got people to thinking,calculating, & doing mathematical equations..........:banana

& who said you couldnt learn anything from a toy forum..........:lol

you are like the sneaky professor of predatorism 101.......:D

Still debating about this??? I'm just glad Hot Toys has given us what we all were waiting for back when we were playing with the Kenner Preds. There huge, detailed and now all Preds from all the movies have been made. I understand to look for perfection, but on the other hand, be thankful for what we have gotten. I'm sure later down the line some else will take a crack at these in 1/6 scale. Until then, I am not going to complain.

Back