Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having it in hand a few hours, had a good pose-around with him. Initial thoughts-

In hand, its alot more of a silver, grey kinda colour. Doesnt look as black as it does in pictures. Feels classy. It passed the " family member complimented it " test when i showed it around with them commenting on its detail.

I love the HF blade, looks really nice. Murasama is very bland in comparison. But when its in his hand and he is in a pose it does the job. Im not a stickler for the metal/plastic thing, doesnt really bother me. The size also feels alot better in hand, the swords dont feel small. They may still very well be too small for the game but on the figure theyre fine.

Articulation is a hit and miss. Legs have nothing to be complained about. Just like truetype legs but on ratchets. Arms are pretty limited. And i mean pretty damn limited. But thats up to the owner of the toy to choose what pose, hands and angle to use on the figure to make the best of a bad situation. The swap-out chest pieces really are needed however, the basic bigger ones for museum posed Raiden look better but they stick out too much and get caught by the arms when you lift them. Raising the arms up and down make me feel at some point the shoulder armor is going to get caught on collar bone armor and pop off and need re-glued.

Spaking of which, i already had to re-glue his left elbow armor. I was articulating his arms and it just fell off. There is a groove in the armor, and a part on the elbow that sticks out to go in to the armor but the glue is weak so i put a dot of super glue in there and its back on.

The figure feels like it really needs an emergency tube of super glue. That might sound scary, but its really simple to do. I wont fret if another piece of armor falls off.

But am i happy i bought it? Yes. Its scratched my HT Raiden itch.

DSCF2565_zpserri70pn.jpg

DSCF2567_zpsojolctvn.jpg

DSCF2563_zpshycnq6hd.jpg

The open visor doesnt look too bad from certain angles. As for the closed visor, it doesnt attach to the head correctly like we all know. However.......... its incredibly easy to remedy.

DSCF2571_zpsqv0ncvbi.jpg

DSCF2573_zpspvkfod2u.jpg

DSCF2574_zpsqympar8x.jpg

DSCF2578_zpse5iox2fj.jpg

I just put a bit of white tack on the inside of the visor. No need to surgically alter the visor. And of course, you can just take the tack back off the visor and rub the remnants off with your some warm water and a tissue. But theres no need to take the tack off as you never see the back of the visor anyway. Just put some on the insides around where it will meet the head and feel just squeeze it into place on the head.

Last edited:
Looks great. Very happy it will fanally be here on Monday.

Still very pissed off about the rubber on the elbows. Even though the material is durable, I'm not giing to risk it getting damaged.

But everything else kind of makes up for that. The Muramasa looked flimsy to begin with but it kind of glows in many of the pics I've seen. Does it in hand?

add one to the tally that came with a non ratcheting right arm. Doesn't hold any pose. Mine was the exclusive...I wonder if the non-EX versions also have this issue?

Certainly seems so. Why is it always the right arm. There must be some sort overseen issue.

So far both of my arms on Raiden are holding up. The only thing that was scary was switching out the left foot

Back