Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no "Snake team" vs. Raiden :lol. The only other alias that Raiden is renowned for is "Jack" (or sometimes, Jack the Ripper).

I would say that Raiden is a worthy successor to Solid Snake. But, as it was explained before, he's not one of Big Boss' sons, and he doesn't share Big Boss' DNA. Hence, he isn't a "Snake". You didn't have to derail the thread for so long...

I think if Raiden gets a rooted-hair treatment, he'd look like a muscular barbie doll (he's already pretty androgynous). Imagine how rooted hair would look on a Hot Toys Thor figure :yuck. I think it's more appropriate with female figures.

I can actually totally see that now haha, yea sculpted might be the best way to go for him.

image.jpg
If it looked like that I would jump on it.

I can actually totally see that now haha, yea sculpted might be the best way to go for him.

Raiden MGS2 without rooted hair just aint Raiden MGS2, i believe for those that actually played the game knows rooted hair is the only way to go for MGS2 Raiden.

And he ain't that muscular in MGS2.

Well, he wasn't exactly slim, either. We're talking about an early PS2 game, with graphics that were incapable of rendering the details of muscle mass. And if Hot Toys does attempt a MGS 2 Raiden figure, it'll be with a buffed-out and updated muscle body (similar to what Kojima and Shinkawa approved for the MGS 2 PAK Raiden figure).

I guess rooted hair is a personal preference, either you like it, or you don't. Personally, it creeps me out.

I could tolerate wigs on female heads, but that's only when it suits the sculpt (like them Black Widows) but for the love of God, not on male figures.

Heck, somebody already made a custom wigged Raiden.

tumblr_ngk5iiwdm51s02vmbo1_500.jpg

Someone like that would be the biggest cawk blocker, if I ever displayed it and a girl came over to my apartment.

If rooted hair was done properly it would look totally fine, not my preference but it would look fine

Raiden has female length hair, it would be no different.. it's pretty much straight too so it would look better than most as the fake hair usually looks better straight

I don't think the above is a good representation of rooted hair, Dylan provided a much better example. Which i didn't realise was the actual figure and not the actor

I don't like posting my customs here, but I guess it's inevitable that people will repost when it's posted publicly on the web.

That's my (WIP) custom MGS2 Raiden. (I'm a female so) I prefer real hair when it's past a certain length, I find sculpted long hair restricting.
I just recently started making wigs for 1:6 sized heads so Raiden's hair is currently a mess, Mr. Shinkawa gave Raiden hair that is hard to
replicate at that scale; I should have left it straight, but I'm a bit obsessive.

I don't like posting my customs here, but I guess it's inevitable that people will repost when it's posted publicly on the web.

That's my (WIP) custom MGS2 Raiden. (I'm a female so) I prefer real hair when it's past a certain length, I find sculpted long hair restricting.
I just recently started making wigs for 1:6 sized heads so Raiden's hair is currently a mess, Mr. Shinkawa gave Raiden hair that is hard to
replicate at that scale; I should have left it straight, but I'm a bit obsessive.

Why not? I assume the hair is WIP, but that headsculpt and paintwork looks excellent- you should be proud! What head is that? Oh and don't need to whisper..

Btw, please don't hesitate to post your customs in the designated MGS customs thread, the freaks here are always eager to see other members' creations:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tence.html?highlight=Metal+Gear+solid+customs

I could tolerate wigs on female heads, but that's only when it suits the sculpt (like them Black Widows) but for the love of God, not on male figures.

tumblr_ngk5iiwdm51s02vmbo1_500.jpg

Looks like Quicksilver in DOFP

X-Men is the only Marvel films that interest me. No one cared about any of the Avengers until the films, especially Iron Man.

X2, DOFP, and First Class are better than everything from the Marvel Cinematic Universe in my opinion.

I would be shocked if Avenger's QS is half as awesome as Evan Peter 's version.

Back