Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arkham Knight isn't outselling COD.

I forgot about COD. :lol

I was mainly referring to games equivalent to Hollywood masterpiece. No disrespect to COD and it's players, but I would categorize those games for the same audience that watches those Micheal Bay Transformers movies. :lol

This year it's gonna be.

COD

Arkham Knight

MGSV

in that order. Am I missing one?

I heard the Witcher and the Dark Souls sequel are pretty anticipated. Is Kingdom Hearts and the new FF coming this year? Man, I just noticed I only have two games I wanna play this year. :lol

MGS4 was on 1 console while GTAIV was on both. MGSV is going to be on all 4 consoles. It will do some pretty big numbers.

No matter, you can double the PS3 sales of MGS4 and it's still nowhere near GTAIV sales

AK will outsell MGSV and that's only on the next gen consoles

No matter, you can double the PS3 sales of MGS4 and it's still nowhere near GTAIV sales

AK will outsell MGSV and that's only on the next gen consoles

I don't think any MGS game in recent memory has ever been a top seller for the respected years that they were released. I'm not sure if MGS V will follow suit, but there's definitely going to be some stiff competition with Batman.

I could not care less... about any Final Fantasy aside from VII :lol

While I love FF VII for what it is, I feel it gets too many undeserving accolades, simply because it was the Final Fantasy game that popularized the series in the west. FF VI, VIII, IV, X, XII were all incredibly good. FF VI is my favorite of the entire lot, though.

Last edited:
MGS1 and 2 were like GTA and COD of those times. MGS3 came late into the console gen and wasn't as well critically received so that's why it didnt do the big numbers. MGS4 being PS3 exclusive and so non-inclusive story wise is why that didn't sell big. mGSV is a different story.

It's gonna be one of the biggest games this year next to Arkham Knight mark my words!

MGS V being non-exclusive isn't going to help its sales numbers. From the statistics in Japan last year, from the first week of sales: 119,615 copies were sold for the PS3, 91,821 copies for the PS4, while there was an unremarkable amount of 10,293 sold for for the Xbone. This made it the worse debuting MGS game ever released.

Metal Gear Solid V Gets by Far the Worst Sales Debut of All Numbered MGS Games in Japan | DualShockers

Yeah, I know the Japanese market is much different than the west (and yes, GZ is a demo and not a full-fledged MGS game). But, I still don't expect the Xbone and Steam sales to be anything spectacular. Practically every MGS fan have been playing the games on PlayStation consoles for years, so I don't see why most of them would make a switch right now.

As for MGS 4, it was outshined by GTA 4 in 2008.

I see a trend here.

MGS1: 6 million+
MGS2: 7 million+
MGS3: 3 million+
MPO: 1 million
MGS4: 6 million+
PW: Really bad, much lower than MPO.
Rising: Unknown, but the soundtrack was Amazon's #2 best seller for a while.

If anything, what I'm seeing here is that the best selling MGS are the ones that debuts on a fresh console. If GZ didn't made an impression (regardless of fan opinion) then odds are that it would sell in as good as MGS4/2 numbers, not much higher than that. Splitting the game in two parts might be more damaging in the long run. Again, just opinion.

giphy.gif

I see a trend here.

MGS1: 6 million+
MGS2: 7 million+
MGS3: 3 million+
MPO: 1 million
MGS4: 6 million+
PW: Really bad, much lower than MPO.
Rising: Unknown, but the soundtrack was Amazon's #2 best seller for a while.

If anything, what I'm seeing here is that the best selling MGS are the ones that debuts on a fresh console.
If GZ didn't made an impression (regardless of fan opinion) then odds are that it would sell in as good as MGS4/2 numbers, not much higher than that. Splitting the game in two parts might be more damaging in the long run. Again, just opinion.

Good observation. I remember there was an unbelievable amount of media hype for both MGS 1 and 4, that I just don't see with MGS V.

Last edited:
well it doesn't help that theres news of Kojima leaving Konami after MGS5 is complete. factor in the fact that Konaimi is removing all Kojipro branding from MGS products, including Kojima's name from MGS5 artwork, and limited Kojima's appearances to promote said game, and you got yourself potential bad publicity on the eve of the game being released. As much as I'm anticipating the game, since according to this news, it truly will be THE last MGS, I won't be surprised if Konami's bonehead move to remove all Kojipro branding and Kojima's involvement in promotion can affect the game's sales negatively somehow

well it doesn't help that theres news of Kojima leaving Konami after MGS5 is complete. factor in the fact that Konaimi is removing all Kojipro branding from MGS products, including Kojima's name from MGS5 artwork, and limited Kojima's appearances to promote said game, and you got yourself potential bad publicity on the eve of the game being released. As much as I'm anticipating the game, since according to this news, it truly will be THE last MGS, I won't be surprised if Konami's bonehead move to remove all Kojipro branding and Kojima's involvement in promotion can affect the game's sales negatively somehow

My husband's been saying that for 14 years now, just when I was planning to serve him divorce papers this September. I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, the news of this is now allover the net and all we need now is some credibility.

My husband's been saying that for 14 years now, just when I was planning to serve him divorce papers this September. I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, the news of this is now allover the net and all we need now is some credibility.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

oXaVCRi.jpg

Kojima has never shown his wife and kids because his wife is MGS and the 2 Snakes are his offspring

Back