Hot Toys- TRON: Legacy: 1/6th scale Kevin Flynn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The disc is the Spin Master Sam Flynn Deluxe available at Target, Walmart

Its actually smaller than the original. According to Rickprops on the RPF (the maker of the prop) the original hero discs were right about 9.25 inches give or take without the outer blade. The Spin Master is 8.5 inches without the outer blade. Still a cool replica, but just too small. Sideshow is releasing a full size off the original moulds soon!

Also some info for those that are interested. In the film there were multiple size discs used for various scenes and characters. Hero discs were the 9.25, background/ walking discs were from 9.25- 11 inches without the outer blade, and the stunt versions were 11- 12 inches without the blade. Each length disc also had different levels of finishing. Some discs had the outer/ inner rings painted, while others would light up. Some disc bodies were a two tone black scheme, while some were an opaque black body with a satin sheen. Just some info for those who dig the discs like I do.

Sorry bud, thought it was 1:1...BUT still a great piece that looks great on display especially once the HT stuff comes in to be displayed right next to it. Plus I know I won't be able to afford the SS one. Ateast if I throw this at someone and it breaks, it's just $9.99 rather than the $3-400 that SS will cost :lol

But thanks for all the great info. I love knowing "behind-the-scenes" kind of things

Sorry bud, thought it was 1:1...BUT still a great piece that looks great on display especially once the HT stuff comes in to be displayed right next to it. Plus I know I won't be able to afford the SS one. Ateast if I throw this at someone and it breaks, it's just $9.99 rather than the $3-400 that SS will cost :lol

But thanks for all the great info. I love knowing "behind-the-scenes" kind of things

Sorry man I was't trying to be a jerk if it came off that way. I have one too. I was just trying to give some info. Here is mine signed by Garrett Hedlund:

werre.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry man I was't trying to be a jerk if it came off that way. I have one too. I was just trying to give some info. Here is mine signed by Garrett Hedlund:

werre.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome!

And no worries man! I didn't get that impression at all. I was being serious in that I'm happy with this piece b/c even though it doesn't come in collectors packaging, it still feels like a collectible.

Like I said, I really do appreciate the extra info! Everytime I by a movie, it has to be the special edition with all the extra goodies haha

But again, your good man. Didnt think what you said was coming off jerk-ish at all!

Yes, loved the movie!

BTW, for those of you that have seen it...didn't Flynn's black robe have a light effect in the movie?

Yes, loved the movie!

BTW, for those of you that have seen it...didn't Flynn's black robe have a light effect in the movie?

Yes--there's a white glowing stripe along the inside of the black robe

But I don't think Hot Toys would be able to put a lighting effect within a piece of cloth, so that's probably why it's not on the figure.

Saw the movie on Friday and LOVED it!!! This figure however, I'm still not sold on. I love the outfits but the headsculpt still lacks.

I really want a CLU (or two) so I can make a custom 89 Flynn.

I had 0 interest on Tron figures but wow, lets just say the movie changed my mind. The Kevin figure does need some improvement though. Did he not have a hood in the film? Or am I getting my hooded figures mixed.

I think I'll definitely get this though I do think the head sculpt needs improvement.

I'm DEFINITELY going to be displaying it with his black outfit. I wish he had an LED in his back that would shine on the white bits on it's interior though like the movie.

I had 0 interest on Tron figures but wow, lets just say the movie changed my mind. The Kevin figure does need some improvement though. Did he not have a hood in the film? Or am I getting my hooded figures mixed.

He did have a hood...but the weird thing is, in many scenes any sign of the hood was gone. You'd think it would be hanging down behind...but I didn't see it...very strange. My guess is it just sort of morphed out of the coat and then when he didn't need it, it would just shrink back into his coat, like their helmets...I dunno.

He did have a hood...but the weird thing is, in many scenes any sign of the hood was gone. You'd think it would be hanging down behind...but I didn't see it...very strange. My guess is it just sort of morphed out of the coat and then when he didn't need it, it would just shrink back into his coat, like their helmets...I dunno.

haha nice eye Bio - thanks for the clarification. I definetly didn't catch that haha

Back