Hot Toys- TRON: Legacy: 1/6th scale Kevin Flynn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, considering they announced the Avatar license over a year ago and still have yet to show anything--and they will be coming out with Avatar stuff definitely--

Avatar I'd assume would take longer to produce since those designs would require a new body entirely.

Well, considering they announced the Avatar license over a year ago and still have yet to show anything--and they will be coming out with Avatar stuff definitely--

I would expect that it's entirely possible that they're still working on more figures in this line.

Their business has grown a lot and they have tons of stuff going on so it's understandable that some things take longer.

That's just fine,but the problem is that they keep things under the table almost the entire time. It's alright if things get pushed back due to business, but at least tell us you're working on it. Think about how nice it would be if we knew they are still working on the Tron releases. Avatar, Metal Gear Solid, etc.. Half their licenses right now are totally in the dark.

more announcements of more figures is a loose loose for HT at this point. Ones the first figures are released and HT gets a better idea if there are going to be 100 or 10000 ppl buying these only then can HT as a business justify diverting more resources to this or any line. so yeah if you want HT to make more convince everyone to buy multiples ;)

Still planin to buy him.
Primarily bcoz I hope for CLU - they will make a great setup on my shelf T_T

I sympathize with the sculptor, this is a hard one to capture. When I saw the sculpt I was a little disappointed so I started my own. And what do you know the darn thing looked like Gene Hackman for a while. It took about two hours for me to sculpt Hackman out of it. It’s still a work in progress but I think it’s getting there. Please tell me what you think.

tlflynnwip02.jpg

WoW very nice work .

That's just fine,but the problem is that they keep things under the table almost the entire time. It's alright if things get pushed back due to business, but at least tell us you're working on it. Think about how nice it would be if we knew they are still working on the Tron releases. Avatar, Metal Gear Solid, etc.. Half their licenses right now are totally in the dark.
:goodpost:
Yeah, I've said basically what you just quoted a number of times now. I'm fine about them taking there time making these figures because we want the best possible figure they can produce but it would be great if they could just update us time to time instead of leaving us having to guess all the time.

So where did every Pre-Order there's from & what
date of delivery do you have ???

Well we got the prototype done and the robe itself needs a few tweaks here and there but came out pretty good. However the “white” El wire I ordered is very blue in tint and a little disappointing in the glow area as well, the pictures make it look like it’s glowing pretty good but in fact isn’t that bright at all.

I did come across an alternative light source a few days ago that was my back up plan and I think it’s going to work out better so I’ll keep you posted.

flynnhood.jpg

flynnhood02.jpg

flynnhood03.jpg

Do you have any updates on the Flynn your doing ???
& your work looks great .

I wonder if now that it sounds like a Tron 3 is actually happening if the chances of a regular Sam or Quorra is more likely. Maybe if not right away but as part of a line concerning the next film. I have to think Hot Toys will see a bump in more preorders as people who hadn't seen the movie until its home video release decide they want the stuff.

I wonder if now that it sounds like a Tron 3 is actually happening if the chances of a regular Sam or Quorra is more likely. Maybe if not right away but as part of a line concerning the next film. I have to think Hot Toys will see a bump in more preorders as people who hadn't seen the movie until its home video release decide they want the stuff.

According to "Deadline" the whole Tron 3 business is just a spin, to sell more blu-rays. They are still very much in the red with this movie. AICN has taken the ball and ran with it as usual.

According to "Deadline" the whole Tron 3 business is just a spin, to sell more blu-rays. They are still very much in the red with this movie. AICN has taken the ball and ran with it as usual.

Check your facts bro... Tron Legacy has grossed 398million worldwide. Production budget was 170 million. Even if they spent 100% additional on print and advertisement putting the total at 340 Million... film was still a 50 million dollar profit. Well worth the 2 years of production to Disney.

Box Office Numbers for Tron Legacy

NONE of this includes revenue from Blu-Ray, DVD, Cable liscensing, Merchandising, Video Games OR music sales. How that adds up to 'very much in the red' is beyond me. You're plain wrong.

I really hope they do Quorra and Rinzler :pray:, but i guess we'll just have to see how well Flynn does as to whether they open up the line more than just a single release.

Check your facts bro... Tron Legacy has grossed 398million worldwide. Production budget was 170 million. Even if they spent 100% additional on print and advertisement putting the total at 340 Million... film was still a 50 million dollar profit. Well worth the 2 years of production to Disney.

Box Office Numbers for Tron Legacy

NONE of this includes revenue from Blu-Ray, DVD, Cable liscensing, Merchandising, Video Games OR music sales. How that adds up to 'very much in the red' is beyond me. You're plain wrong.

Maybe you don't understand the full story, you cannot take the US box office total as anything but a number, let me enlighten you with a few trade snippets (the "sean" he is refering to is Sean Bailey, Disney's new hotshot producer).. These are not my words.

screen-capture-3-2.png

screen-capture-2-2.png

screen-capture-1-5.png

Dude. Nothing in your post refutes any of my math. The FACT is tron has made 398 million. That ALONE (based on your post) accounts for a wash. THEN factor is home video AND cable liscensing, PLUS merchandising and video game liscensing and your looking at a film that WAS PROFITABLE.

Maybe you don't understand the full story, you cannot take the US box office total as anything but a number, let me enlighten you with a few trade snippets (the "sean" he is refering to is Sean Bailey, Disney's new hotshot producer).. These are not my words.

screen-capture-3-2.png

screen-capture-2-2.png

screen-capture-1-5.png

What's the source of the above?

Well we got the prototype done and the robe itself needs a few tweaks here and there but came out pretty good. However the “white” El wire I ordered is very blue in tint and a little disappointing in the glow area as well, the pictures make it look like it’s glowing pretty good but in fact isn’t that bright at all.

I did come across an alternative light source a few days ago that was my back up plan and I think it’s going to work out better so I’ll keep you posted.

flynnhood.jpg

flynnhood02.jpg

flynnhood03.jpg

Do you have any updates on the Flynn your doing ???

Back