Hot Toys Tom Cruise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I found this on the OSW forum with images from the 2006 Asia Toys Expo

HSbyFENG05.jpg

His lips look a bit small, but I think they did a good job capturing his eyes.

Mookeylama said:
pretty sure that's not HT. i think it's a custom sculpt by a guy named Feng

Indeed. This is Hot Toys' Tom Cruise:

Fengs version is incredible btw, 100% spot on if you ask me. The HT proto was quite good, but seems as usual that paint aps ruin it.

Last edited:
Do they come with a 1/6 scale couch to jump up and down on?:lol

JustinLuck said:
Katie darling, I just want to let you know I won't be coming home tonight. We're having a Scientology slumber party over at John Travolta's house. No... no strippers, sweetie. I promise. Just us guys.

decadentdave said:
Katie darling, I just want to let you know I won't be coming home tonight. We're having a Scientology slumber party over at John Travolta's house. No... no strippers, sweetie. I promise. Just us guys.

Travolta always wants to ride the Cruise ship!!!

I did a sides by side comparison and, while I don't think either of the Hot Toys looks like Tom Cruise, I think I have seen better Tom Cruise sculpts than the one by Feng.

I guess that's why Hot Toys called it an F14 Tomcat Aviator, to avoid licencing issues, as it may have been the closest thing to Tom around at the time.

Last edited:
Maybe Hot Toys purposely weakened the Tom Cruise likeness to avoid legal trouble?

JustinLuck said:
Maybe Hot Toys purposely weakened the Tom Cruise likeness to avoid legal trouble?

I do hear about that too. Same as HT Arnold's head sculpt that they intentionally sculpted it so mess up.

Doomhammer said:
Proto looked good didn't it?

225F14_086_3x4.JPG

Still a very cool figure... I think a good coat of paint could do it justice. I never knew about this one, as I probably would have bought it. I used to be a mechanic on Tomcats a few years ago... I could have repainted the helmet to reflect my old squadron!! Maybe modified the patches...lol

That would have ruled. :lol

Back