Hot Toys Tokyo Expo Guesses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect a lot of fan disappointment simply because of the translation issue. :lol

For example, people forget that Bruce Lee, MJ (Beat It Version), TRON, Spider-Man 3, Terminator, Ghost Rider and 20th Century Boys are all new licenses for HT.

I think that'll be 7 of the 10 "new licenses" right there (and that'll be the disappointing part for some since we've already seen the figures). Plus Indiana Jones DX, Iron Man Mark V (Full set reveal) and Superman Christopher Reeve to make 10.

There have already been 4 figures out under the licence for months. How is that a new licence?

For example, people forget that Bruce Lee, MJ (Beat It Version), TRON, Spider-Man 3, Terminator, Ghost Rider and 20th Century Boys are all new licenses for HT.

MJ Beat it as well as the Demon/Scarecrow are the Con Exclusives, I don't expect either to take a slot. Spider-Man 3 was actually announced last year even though its just now being shown as was Tron: Legacy. I don't really expect them to take a slot either. Ghost Rider was announced so long ago that people thought the figure was at Takara Indy status. Now 20th Century Boys is a Con Exclusive but I could see them going full license there but I have a feeling while there'll be plenty of fan disappointment especially seen some of these oddball requests but I have a feeling that of the 10 slots you'll see:

-Indiana Jones
-Thor
-Captain America
-Green Lantern

As four obvious ones.

It's possible since they've been teasing the Marvel film license and have delivered from the Blade and Spider-Man but not from the X-Men that they'll take a slot as well. If Star Wars pans out then there is six. I guarantee you that out of the four left one will be an Asiancentric license (They are an Asian company) and one will probably Christopher Reeve Superman even if they only give us Supes.

Now depending on how they are using the verbage, new license means just that new license NOT new figure from an existing license so I don't expect Mark V to take a slot even though it'll be first shown there.

That's what I was saying about the translation thing. For HT, it's new. :lol
Haha good point.
I guess im just clinging to the idea of all the possibilities that 10 new licences can bring. But you are right, that number is too high to be taken at face value, so I bet it includes stuff we have heard about.
Even though I know it is extremly unlikely, im still hoping for a Back to the Future licence (id sell my left nut for a 1/6 delorean).

Huh....looking at all the other threads about this has me thinking this:

-Indiana Jones CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE WORKS BY HT
-Thor
-Captain America
-Green Lantern
-Avatar CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE WORKS BY HT
-Superman CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE WORKS BY HT
-Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE WORKS BY HT

The last three I'm guessing:
-The Green Hornet
-Star Wars
-X-Men: First Class

Well they did show a raw Avatar sculpture of Jake Sully in one HT article. So Avatar stuff IS coming. And the Holiday freebie HT sent out announced the Captain Jack DX.

And it makes sense that HT would get Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern.

So yeah.. all possibilities and like you said, some might just be license announcents i.e. no figures.

Don't underestimate the license. Remember the original Green Hornet was huge in Asia. Kato was a huge draw, THE huge draw thanks to Bruce Lee. Jay Chou is already a huge star in Asia. Again the appeal of the Kato character is there. It makes perfect sense to hit a Kato figure and an established Asian celebrity in one hit. Not to mention imagine the temptation to do a Chou Kato followed by an eventual Lee Kato...it'd be a big seller in Asia

The Green ____ing Hornet?

Surely not....

If they release this in 1/6, then that would fauking rock!!

green-hornet-car.jpg

The car was pretty damn cool in person. The chicks they had in front of it looked good too. :rock

Thor, Cap America, Green Lantern I can't see HT not making them but the Green Hornet does make sense to. Perfect time to unveil an Avatar fig, it's about time but long shots Dx Rambo or Pred 1 would be cool but I can't see it happening with the Dx Indy & Jack in the pipeline. Hopefully they'll have one of them surprise licences like did with Mars Attack.

Just to clarify, the announcement in the HT Japan website "Magazine" section (https://www.hottoys.jp/magazine/mothot/240.html) basically states in its Countdown to the 10th Celebration article that while the announcement of new products is one of its highlights (ie the unveiling of various new figure prototypes), that's not all. HT is also planning to announce 10 forthcoming properties - revealing only one of these - Indiana Jones, with the remaining 9 at the show. So I take this to mean HT is annoucing 10 new properties, likely with few (if any) prototypes or actual figure announcements - similar to SDCC when the HT section at the Sideshow booth had a movie poster with the HT logo. I would assume the 10 properties would include Indiana Jones and POTC4 but likely not other properties HT has previously announced (ie Avatar, Superman).

Ok. So..

1. Indiana Jones
2. POTC 4

Then..

3. Star Wars
4. Thor
5. Captain America
6. Green Lantern
7. X-Men: First Class
8. Sucker Punch
9. Cowboys and Aliens
10: Priest (2011 film)