Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Seen some good Mandos today. I like the alternate Mando ones from FB:

209113395_10106440290837820_3173440245957578494_n.jpg

207912653_10165343362150453_4435686119565128730_n.jpg

Those idiots "glad that I waited", good luck bragging their luck for the next 2,5 years to reach that ultimate Mando version ...bunch of clowns.

Those idiots "glad that I waited", good luck bragging their luck for the next 2,5 years to reach that ultimate Mando version ...bunch of clowns.
I didn't wait, just didn't like the previous version duller look, but gladly ordered this one.
Does it make me half an idiot, and a partial clown?

Judgmental much about what drives people's minds and decisions...? Oh well.

Re meme: .... If that aint the truth! As if people wait long enough, the Holy Grail Ultimate version will appear!! No they wont, the next version will just be $30 more expensive.

Edit: Venomized Grogu!! Lmao

I just want them to start putting "Din Djarin" on the box and the display base already.
Why? Do you display your boxes?
I feel genuine sympathy for anyone who spent their money on the other figures, especially with Hot Toys using their mistake as part of their advertising for the figure.
With those side by side comparison pictures, they’re basically saying we finally perfected the figure and our other versions simply fell short…too bad we charged some suckers full price for them.
They need to allow the poor folks who funded the development of the real figure by buying the practice ones to send them back for trade credit to go toward the purchase of the new one.
They’d never do it, but that would be the only way to begin make it right.
Or people could grow up and not cry like little spoiled kids because a different version of a figure they bought came out later.

I don't think I've changed my mind so much in such a short time about wanting a figure... until this one. :lol

I've gone from 'must have', to 'don't really need', to 'maybe just the regular', to 'if the regular why not go the extra yard and have the deluxe?'

In the mix was concern for the longevity of the chrome-plating, but I've managed to push that away for now.

On balance, a different character would've been more interesting than another version of Din who's so similar to the previous one.

However, I already quite a variety of different characters pre-ordered: Tuskens, Gideon, Transport Trooper, Shore Trooper, Dark Trooper, Boba Deluxe, Bo-Katan, Scout Trooper, Kuill, and the Death Watch which I'll consider to be a contemporary Mandalorian.

I'm leaning back towards the Deluxe again.

1. Both version 1.0 painted beskar and version 2.0 chrome-plated beskar are valid representations based upon the scene.

2. The shiny chrome looks like it'll have great shelf appeal.

3. The chrome-plated has the Pedro sculpt, which adds versatility to three versions of 'Mando' Din, and to his Transport Trooper disguise.

4. I presume the chrome-plated TMS051/052 will be the last iteration produced as a figure before Season 3 introduces more changes.

5. The local difference in price between the regular and deluxe will probably make it silly not to go for the fuller set, even if I have no immediate plans to use it to create that particular scene. Actually having the extras will no doubt mean I would at least try them out.

Mado sill missing beskar for his right thigh plate, and beskar armor plates for his shins. Maybe that would be Mando season 3.

Remember that our lives are on limited time the clock is ticking towards our end no one promised us a tomorrow.

What i’m getting at is do something which brings you joy DON’T worry if chrome plating will peel 5 years from now or stress out because you previously bought the first one.

It’s bad enough we have to wait 1.5 years for these things lol

If you own the first beskar version you still own the ONLY beskar version at least for another year minimum enjoy him!

Live your life don’t worry about future deterioration on stuff, money is meant to come and go just like us.

Last edited:
Since shine-gate I've been paying more attention to the Beskar 1.0.

Moved some figures around, slid this one further along, and adjusted the pose. He's catching a few more LED rays now.

100_0722.JPG

Dusty Din still feels like the classic. A guy eking out a living in a harsh universe.... and coming to terms with the stresses of fatherhood. :lol

100_0721.JPG

Last edited:
Why? Do you display your boxes?

Or people could grow up and not cry like little spoiled kids because a different version of a figure they bought came out later.
“And the display base”, learn to read pal.

Great looking figure. Nice they updated the armor to chrome like we all thought it was supposed to look. Skipping with regrets.

Most likely passing on this latest version of Mando but Hot Toys has gotten smart in adding accessories that can be shared with other figures, making them really attractive to pick up.

- Beskar Mando's Grogu Pram is already going to OG Mando.
- Standing Grogu with Beskar Mando and IG-11
- I would use the Pedro sculpt with this release on the Transport Trooper.
- There's more options...
Slick moves, Hot Toys. Slick moves...

I will likely finally take the plunge with this version of the Mando. That is unless his look changes a lot in season 3 or something that would prompt me to wait again.

The first three image are what shown to be the new thigh armor (Look like a cheap plastic) and the fourth image is from Boba Fett Promo Pics (Look great) Don't know what happen but the new one is terrible. Even the fews i made is far better.

Comment

Attachments

• HT Season 2 Thigh 0.PNG
    HT Season 2 Thigh 0.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • HT Season 2 Thigh 1.PNG
    HT Season 2 Thigh 1.PNG
    841 KB · Views: 27
  • HT Season 2 Thigh 2.PNG
    HT Season 2 Thigh 2.PNG
    992.3 KB · Views: 24
  • HT Season 2 Thigh BF Promo.PNG
    HT Season 2 Thigh BF Promo.PNG
    421.7 KB · Views: 28
  • My Custom of Thigh Armor.PNG
    My Custom of Thigh Armor.PNG
    487.6 KB · Views: 24
I’ll pick this guy up after it ships. Skipped on the Beskar Version because I already had the OG Mando representing season 1. The non-deluxe has everything I could want in a season 2 Mando. Love the new finish, and I’ll certainly be tempted to pick up a loose chromed helmet for the OG.

The price difference between the regular and deluxe is so small comparative to what's included, it's like Hot Toys is the Maitre D' tempting Mr. Creosote with that wafer-thin mint.

Hot Toys: And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin increase for the Deluxe.

Customer: No.

Hot Toys: Oh sir! It's only a tiny little extra money.

Customer: No. F... off - I don't need those bits...

Hot Toys: Oh sir... it's only a wafer thin increase.

Customer: Look - I don't want those extras. I'm absolutely stuffed with extra bits. Bugger off.

Hot Toys: Oh sir, just... just this little increase...

Customer: Oh all right. Just this once.

Maitre D: Just the one, sir... voila... bon appetit...

68az.gif

Back