Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the unboxing video by Sideshow, it shows the deluxe Fett includes 2x knee pads -- one on the figure and one extra in the tray. I wonder if it is for his other knee -- or just a spare -- or the "correct" one you speak of?
One for the effect and one regular I believe. Still both for the same knee.

I'd missed that! It would be pretty awesome if one has the normal single rocket tube so you can set him up either way. Or maybe they both have double tubes and one is just dedicated for the effect piece with bigger plug-in holes or something.

Edit: Ah, yeah. Like bebe13junior said above, it looks like both have the double tubes, with one designed for the rocket attachments.

Last edited:
If you check the Sideshow listing for both version, the regular just comes with one. In the deluxe, it doesn't mention one being special for the whistling birds attachment. The second one is listed under the Tusken Boba, so maybe they just tossed it in if you want it on him for any reason.

Not sure, it was never shown in photos at Secret Base or at shows when all his gear was laid out for display. First time I saw it was in the unboxing video. I assumed it was for his other knee, that maybe at some point he put it on in the show. :dunno

Not sure, it was never shown in photos at Secret Base or at shows when all his gear was laid out for display. First time I saw it was in the unboxing video. I assumed it was for his other knee, that maybe at some point he put it on in the show. :dunno
I looked at the Mando scene, Hot Toys photos, nothing except for just the one on the right knee. It is listed in the Sideshow description so maybe they updated it or never put the second one on display.

Boba beer belly for the win!

bf.jpg

I watched the Sideshow unboxing and Guy does specifically say that the knee guard is interchangeable with the guard that attaches to the whistling birds. So does the regular actually get two now or just one that attaches to the whistling birds?

I watched the Sideshow unboxing and Guy does specifically say that the knee guard is interchangeable with the guard that attaches to the whistling birds. So does the regular actually get two now or just one that attaches to the whistling birds?

There's two in the set. The one he was holding was for the whistling birds, but the four silver tubes looked identical to the ones on the figure.

:unsure:

:lecture

If there's a difference, it must be microscopic...

View attachment 554620

View attachment 554621

Maybe those upper pins are a bit slimmer and shorter? :dunno
I noticed that the dents are in different places on each one. One is on the u shape, the other on the horizontal top. Don't see what that has to do w the bird attachments though.

SmartSelect_20220108-013300_YouTube.jpg
SmartSelect_20220108-013338_YouTube.jpg

I noticed that the dents are in different places on each one. One is on the u shape, the other on the horizontal top. Don't see what that has to do w the bird attachments though.

View attachment 554624View attachment 554625

Never spotted that as I was focussed on the silver pins.

Looks like the one on the figure has openings in the upper pins, while the whistling birds version is blocked up. So it could be more a visual than a functional difference.

Never spotted that as I was focussed on the silver pins.

Looks like the one on the figure has openings in the upper pins, while the whistling birds version is blocked up. So it could be more a visual than a functional difference.
Seen that too and wasn't totally sure with the lighting. Maybe a smaller insert that goes into the smaller but sturdier pin? I would assume Guy looked at the directions before stating that.

The weathering on this puts the BD Mk85 Iron Man to shame !

I was actually more excited for the Tusken Boba look, but the excellent weathering on the armour has now made them equally good !

I know there are already a million versions of him releasing, but I wish there was one with the single armored figure that still included the head sculpt.

I know they set it up this way to push people into buying the two pack, and the robed / tusken look is awesome too don't get me wrong… but the distressed armor figure in a one-pack w headsculpt included would be exactly what I’d want.

Still really undecided about what to order. Leaning towards the single figure version for the sake of budgeting and space, but that perfect headsculpt makes it tough to choose.

View attachment 554624

View attachment 554624View attachment 554625
Well done! That just seals it for me that he was mistaken that it’s for the effect pieces and Hot Toys just felt like throwing us an extra piece for the other leg. Which is super cool, and I’ll probably end up displaying mine with it.

Back