Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

If Filoni and Favreau decline to flesh out Fett's sarlacc horror, thats the level of mistake theyll be making. I dont think theyre anywheres near that level of stupid.

I don't know, for me I like a little mystery in people's past and I don't need -- or want -- everything spelled out. That's when you get the PT.

There are so many theories about how long Fett was in the Sarlacc and how he got out -- everyone's free to imagine their own horror -- and to show it just means that a lot of fans are bound to be disappointed when they finally are shown the one "true" way he escaped.

But who knows, maybe it will be great. Like Dr Strange says, one in 14 million.

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

I don't know, for me I like a little mystery in people's past and I don't need -- or want -- everything spelled out. That's when you get the PT.

There are so many theories about how long Fett was in the Sarlacc and how he got out -- everyone's free to imagine their own horror -- and to show it just means that a lot of fans are bound to be disappointed when they finally are shown the one "true" way he escaped.

I’ve always said since he came back that the eventual explanation will definitely be right up Favreau’s “grounded in reality” approach. It’s not gonna be anywhere the Robot chicken level of over the top or the countless Fett pics of his flying out heroically. It’ll definitely be by the skin of his teeth.

I believe that. And I'm sure it will be fine. But I guarantee you a lot of people will be like 'not my Fett escape'... :lol

I'm guessing either he crawls out covered in much -- like a kind of rebirth...

OR he uses some kind of explosive device and is blown clear of the mess.

Those two seem the most realistic and are in keeping with the various theories. But again, I don't really need to see that. I can imagine.

Now if it ends up being that Fett repairs his jetpack, launches it and uses a towline to pull himself free, that could look really silly.

But hey, I'm game for whatever, I'm just stating my preference.

Nothing wrong with preference. That’s why I think they have to start off the show with that and just move on from there. Get that big elephant in the room out the way immediately and then tell your story.

I feel like the mention of a Krayt Dragon being the predator to Sarlacc’s was a setup. My theory would go something like a Krayt feels the vibration from the Sail Barge explosion and comes and attacks the Sarlacc. Fett’s helmet gets pulled off for dramatic effect and to show Tem’s face because it’s still
Hollywood. Then, he somehow manages to fire off his Jetpack freeing him and that’s when Bossk finds his body later, but after the jawa’s have taken his armor and Jetpack from him.

If they doesn’t happen, I wouldn’t lose any sleep either though. The exact story means very little
to me because I’m just happy it’s finally canon that he did. Episode definitely has to be called “The Escape” though if they continue with chapter titles:lol

I wonder if his armor will be sizzling with digestive acid which is why he pulls all his armor off before collapsing... and makes it easier for Jawas to collect his gear.

But then, if he's slowly dissolved over a thousand years, the digestive juices should be really weak. Like weaker than just being buried in the ground. So in reality the Sarlacc never really kills you. You die of starvation years before you're digested. Just sounds much nastier then it is.

Damn that headsculpt...so good.

I wonder if his armor will be sizzling with digestive acid which is why he pulls all his armor off before collapsing... and makes it easier for Jawas to collect his gear.

And Peli Motto arrives to help him...

a2script545.jpg

a2script546.jpg

Maybe the sarlacc was startled by the exploding sail barge and just spit him out immediately.

Plus I'm not sure we really need a reminder of his incredibly lame defeat in ROTJ. Lol

I know it's inevitable that they're going to show his escape, but I kinda agree it doesn't feel necessary at this point. And if they're gonna do flashbacks I'd rather see him during his more badass ESB days.

Interview with Tem about Boba show today!

From the CEO of Alter Ego:

A few weeks ago, I shared how we were able to get more than our usual allotment of Hot Toys figures from Sideshow.

Well, turns out that was a fluke and we're still stuck at 54 pieces per figure. You read that right, 54 total.

That's how we pre-sold out of the new Hot Toys Boba Fett Deluxe figure so quickly last week.

I'd love to be able to offer more, but my hands are tied by the powers that be.

Sometimes being a retailer feels like you're the red-headed stepchild...apologies to any actual red-headed stepchildren :)

So each retailer gets 54 figures. Interesting to know.

Just now read that email from AE too. So there’s the definite answer for why it sold out everywhere so quickly.

I think you probably called it right there. Or he passes out from burns to his arms and legs and skin wear the acid seeped under his armor (head, torso) and still passes out at the jawas just yank it off him.

Nothing wrong with preference. That?s why I think they have to start off the show with that and just move on from there. Get that big elephant in the room out the way immediately and then tell your story.

I feel like the mention of a Krayt Dragon being the predator to Sarlacc?s was a setup. My theory would go something like a Krayt feels the vibration from the Sail Barge explosion and comes and attacks the Sarlacc. Fett?s helmet gets pulled off for dramatic effect and to show Tem?s face because it?s still
Hollywood. Then, he somehow manages to fire off his Jetpack freeing him and that?s when Bossk finds his body later, but after the jawa?s have taken his armor and Jetpack from him.

If they doesn?t happen, I wouldn?t lose any sleep either though. The exact story means very little
to me because I?m just happy it?s finally canon that he did. Episode definitely has to be called ?The Escape? though if they continue with chapter titles:lol

In tails from Jabba's Palace it was Dengar that found him after he escaped the Sarlac and helped nurse him back to health.

In tails from Jabba's Palace it was Dengar that found him after he escaped the Sarlac and helped nurse him back to health.

I’d be fine if the live-action version were still him, or even maybe Bossk since he was also on that Sail Barge. But I can accept the fact they might even shoe horn in Fennec now. Especially since she’s getting some extra shine in The Bad Batch too.

Has it already been set that the "Book of Boba Fett" will begin from the escape from the sarlacc pit?

With that title, I would have hoped that it would provide us with a more complete history of the character. Perhaps start with a quick review from "Attack of the Clones" and then go forward from there. Or move forward from when we last saw him on Bib's throne but have flash-backs starting post-AotC. That way we get the best of both worlds; Classic Boba and Palace Boba.

And who's to say that those scars aren't from a previous incident? Perhaps not from the Sarlacc Pit?...

From the CEO of Alter Ego:

So each retailer gets 54 figures. Interesting to know.

He did say in his message he referenced here that some get more, like I have to imagine BBTS is getting more than 54 total, but that's still very small even if double or triple. Someone in a FB group has been finding data on Sideshow shipments that come through the ports, and there's been thousands of Mk 85's and Mando+Child sets recently. Sideshow really must sell the vast majority of these then directly. I know there's some local shops that sell hot toys, but without an online presence, what can those guys sell, 2-3 cases?

He did say in his message he referenced here that some get more, like I have to imagine BBTS is getting more than 54 total, but that's still very small even if double or triple. Someone in a FB group has been finding data on Sideshow shipments that come through the ports, and there's been thousands of Mk 85's and Mando+Child sets recently. Sideshow really must sell the vast majority of these then directly. I know there's some local shops that sell hot toys, but without an online presence, what can those guys sell, 2-3 cases?

Thousands you say? And yet I have yet to receive a shipment email. And now they bumped up the release to April.

Back