Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39D3CB41-83B5-4E33-9C71-6580F623B901.jpeg

Anybody else thinking about selling organs on the dark web to pay for all of this goodness? I think I am up to almost 20 figures I either have on preorder or want to preorder. I think my wife would prefer a nice drug or gambling addiction. It might be cheaper in the long run and require less space.

I reckon this guy could have metal inside the lower legs like K2SO. Just to lower the centre of gravity, and make him feel higher quality.

Love the gloss look as well.

Are they really going to re-release Mando with just a spear....I'm out for that one.

139659388_10157763326172344_831164780740238315_o.jpg
140635207_10157763325972344_2595520247974079823_o.jpg
140408918_10157763325637344_8844203746973844733_o.jpg
140200559_10157763326022344_4294849507595972198_o.jpg

It's a better looking figure than I expected, but still not one I really feel the need for.

Yeah they were more Dark Fate Troopers than Star Wars troopers to me.

I was waiting for one of them to throw some rebar through the door and pour itself through the hole.

I was on the fence about Gideon and this does tempt me as it gives Gideon someone to share a Detolf shelf with. Just not sure I like either character that much. I'm not a big trooper collector, more heroes for me...and Boba Fett :) I guess I've got about 18 months to decide if I want either Gideon or this Dark Trooper.

Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

?Hi Sideshow, yeah this is Buff, my Dark Trooper came to me broken in half. No need to send it back, just send photos and you will send another one? Sweet.?. I?ll take ethical dilemmas for $100. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol

So, which half do you want to buy off of me, the bottom ($50) or the top ($75)?? :D

Actually it never occurred to me to do something so deceitful - you obviously have me confused with gmoney5000. :wink1: I did consider floating the idea of going 50/50 with someone for the extra Trooper to be cut in half, but figured the top vs. bottom debate would make it a non-starter. Plus who'd be crazy enough to trust me to do a good job cutting it? :lol

I had been thinking that whenever these would be announced, I would be passing on them. Now, not so sure. At least one to flank Gideon is what I'm leaning towards.

:lol :lol

So, which half do you want to buy off of me, the bottom ($50) or the top ($75)?? :D

Actually it never occurred to me to do something so deceitful - you obviously have me confused with gmoney5000. :wink1: I did consider floating the idea of going 50/50 with someone for the extra Trooper to be cut in half, but figured the top vs. bottom debate would make it a non-starter. Plus who'd be crazy enough to trust me to do a good job cutting it? :lol

You really just need someone to scan in the HT figure and 3D print another one. A rough paint up with battle damage and voila! you've got your diorama stand!

Personally I felt that these troopers did not fit into the SW Universe. They felt out of place. Were they created for the show or have they been in books?
Man I have not been feeling anything HT for 2 years.

Honestly this looks like a figure the Disney Store can make and you will only be paying less than a 1/4 of the amount. They feel like background accessories to hype the figure standing in front of them.

Personally I felt that these troopers did not fit into the SW Universe. They felt out of place. Were they created for the show or have they been in books?
Man I have not been feeling anything HT for 2 years.

There was some computer game I played in the '90s -- I think? They remind me of that, I think it had 'dark troopers'. These do nothing for me. The figures actually look better than they did in the show, but still one of my least favourite Star Wars designs of all time. To each their own.

While these do look cool, they are not something I need. Although they did help make one of the most memorable SW sequences seen onscreen..:yess:

I like the throwback to the old video games, but the Dark Trooper being a pure droid makes little sense to me. Why would the Empire want to go backwards as all the droids in the PT were just a threat due to the sheer numbers of them and how easily and rapidly they could be cranked out. I'd imagine that is why Palps only had actual humanoids as Troopers in the Empire. Not even some Super Battle Droids or Destroyer Droids floating around.

It would've been cooler if The Dark Troopers were part organic. I believe that's how the final versions of them in Legends was along with being force sensitive or something. Like General Grievous. An organic mind embedded in a near indestructible droid body. And that would've played more on the bodies we saw in the tubes rather than all the ST lovers jumping on their Snoke theories..:monkey4

As always, happy for those picking this up. They will look cool flanking the Gideon figure. Look forward to seeing many cool pictures in 2 years time...:lol

While these do look cool, they are not something I need. Although they did help make one of the most memorable SW sequences seen onscreen..:yess:[...]

I understand it makes more sense at this point to have Luke butcher a bunch of soulless machines rather than hack a bunch of sentient people to death (even if they're bad guys) ... but aside from thinking "Oh neat, they dropped a Luke cameo" I found it boring because they were droids and not particularly agile or (IMO) well-designed.

Ah well. Can't please everyone.

The samurai droids were a little cooler than these. My least wanted from S2 but will still buy one. I feel like they would make more sales if they went the Armorer route (assuming they want to make figures without head sculpts).

?Hi Sideshow, yeah this is Buff, my Dark Trooper came to me broken in half. No need to send it back, just send photos and you will send another one? Sweet.?. I?ll take ethical dilemmas for $100. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol this crossed my mind too. Sideshow is going to have to install a temporary policy for this figure only that requires a full return to get any replacement parts, yikes!

The samurai droids were a little cooler than these. My least wanted from S2 but will still buy one. I feel like they would make more sales if they went the Armorer route (assuming they want to make figures without head sculpts).

I don’t agree, people are talking about getting multiples of the Dark Trooper to go along with Gideon or face against Luke. Troopers are going to sell more than the armorer because there will always be those wanting to army build. You can’t army build the Armorer unless you want to heavily customize the extras for other Mandos.

Back