Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy pass. Worst looking thing I've seen in SW for a long time .
No knock em sock em robots on my shelf I'm afraid ...****e.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I can understand why some folks look at these Terminator troopers and want to pass. But the design and concept has grown on me.

I also feel like these are going to go for crazy money in the future after they are sold out. They are prominently featured in the scene that redeemed Luke Skywalker and was the payoff we wanted since 1983. They are also terrific accessories to Moff Gideon. And they are his unique troopers so I don't really expect to see them in any other SW content ever again which means there probably won't be any more Dark Trooper figures after these.

I can understand why some folks look at these Terminator troopers and want to pass. But the design and concept has grown on me.

I also feel like these are going to go for crazy money in the future after they are sold out. They are prominently featured in the scene that redeemed Luke Skywalker and was the payoff we wanted since 1983. They are also terrific accessories to Moff Gideon. And they are his unique troopers so I don't really expect to see them in any other SW content ever again which means there probably won't be any more Dark Trooper figures after these.
Dark Troopers appeared at various points in the Expanded Universe so they could in the new canon. They don’t necessarily have to remain unique to Moff Gideon. Another Imperial/Imperial Remnant warlord, Moff, leader, or faction could have them.

If someone else wants to use them, I’m sure LFL will allow it if it makes sense. Even if it’s just in comics or video games. But I could see them popping up in another show.

Especially any show that might feature Force wielders as it affords more opportunities for action scenes when you can have bloodless dismemberments and use of destructive Force powers.

The version we see in The Mandalorian is the Phase 3. The Phase 2 already appears canonically elsewhere. A Phase 1 could make an appearance as well.

The live fire training droids in The Bad Batch look like they could be prototypes of early stages of the Dark Trooper program.

Already preordered two together with Moff Gideon, going to be an epic Imperial display with Krennic and Death troopers on shelf.

14.jpg

I hated these guys in that Dark Forces PC game back in the day. Bought two of them...
I remember playing that game at a girlfriends after she went to bed.
I was too wired to go to sleep after shagging.
I was up til 4am scared shitless from these guys,but couldn't stop playing.
These guys and those frigging Dianogas!!!

We need to see how this looks when they aren't lit up. It's not going to be as good of course, but I hope not as bad as something like the HT Ultron.

Yes, the lights are definitely sweetened up in those blogger shots. It does look good though. See it in September!

Back