1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do ya'll use the torso clamp for posing him stood on the base? Kinda unhappy they didnt include a plain crotch hook The clamp is a bit hard to fit properly given all his gear plus the clamp itself being oddly stiff. Interested to know if there are other techniques to keep him stood up.

I just let him stand on his own.

I use the post from one of those generic oval stands. You could use any post with the same size rectangular tab as the clamp post.

I use the bendy pole thing like a guide wire to support mando without using the actual clamp

Replace the clamp with beading wire or coated wire; fishing line maybe, or use a museum putty on the feet bottom and ditch the pole.

Or play with some magnets...

I always have made it a priority to have options so I keep some extra crotch grabbers, bendy poles, straight poles and acrylic poles on hand. Neither version of my Mandos are on dynamic stands, regular old crotch grabbers are doing the work for them right now. But the other recommendations are great and ones I have used and still do on occasion!

I always have made it a priority to have options so I keep some extra crotch grabbers, bendy poles, straight poles and acrylic poles on hand. Neither version of my Mandos are on dynamic stands, regular old crotch grabbers are doing the work for them right now. But the other recommendations are great and ones I have used and still do on occasion!
Where do you find spare crotch grabbers, ebay?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Still waiting on Timewalker to get this — seems like it’s been forever since it was released. Come on, Sideshow, stop screwing over the other retailers.

Sideshow needs to ship out to their own customers before fulfilling other retailers.
I genuinely think they wait to supply retailers who are the biggest challenge to them. There's a reason BBTS gets their stuff dead last these days. Watching SS the last few years really leads me to believe they try to starve out those retailers and bank on the impatience of customers. I got Gamora just the other day through BBTS after she sold out though every retailer and SS had been shipping for a significant time. That was their only shipment too, she's gone now.

That being said, SS explained to me that their distribution divided. They can sell out on their site, but still have inventory for other retailers. So that's an interesting tidbit.

In any case, I'm hanging in there for my PO with AE. Rewards brought this down a ton.

I agree. Sideshow is really putting their authorized retail "partners" through the wringer. And it's probably not just from a monetary standpoint either.

I've had places like Timewalker and Secret Compass go to bat for me on figures with genuine defects and issues, and they've always come through very quickly which I greatly appreciate. I'm sure they get on Sideshow's case a bit which probably annoys them.

I would buy everything from authorized retailers if I could now, and it's a shame Sideshow is treating them this way.

SSC is run and owned by a genuine thug. Anyone who tries to oppose them or compete, they use every method available to exclude them from the mainstream market. XM Studios is a good example of a company who at first, sure didn’t exactly play by the rules but decided to find real investment, vied for licenses and SSC blocked them at every turn. An almost identical situation with Iron Studios becoming legitimate but able to get licensing for larger markets had everything to do with their commitment to work with and sell through SSC. ****, SSC will even dictate which characters IS can produce.

I’m still waiting for Howard to get out of his leadership position at HT to perhaps make room for a younger leader/leaders to realize they do not need SSC as much as SSC needs them and to setup their own distribution networks in NA, SA, EU & UK.

SS would be screwed without Hot Toys, can only imagine how much of their yearly revenue is because of them. Their own figures are shoddy and overpriced, and from what I hear all their statues are plagued with QC issues.

I'd buy direct from Hot Toys permanently if they started distributing directly.

SS has definitely taken a nose dive in recent years, they used to be a lot better as a company for consumers, now the only real reason to buy from them is the parts replacement, that has stayed as good as ever.

Just got my Mando shelf reset.

Attachments

• 5003C736-8E3A-4412-8613-7C112AAAE57E.jpg
    5003C736-8E3A-4412-8613-7C112AAAE57E.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 371
  • E40AF612-B7F5-432D-87FA-EBA0E3F01438.jpg
    E40AF612-B7F5-432D-87FA-EBA0E3F01438.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 375
Back