1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly, mostly just his lower half and the cape being shorter in S2.

La8thda.png

Thank you! You?ve convinced me to wait for a s2 release [emoji106]

No, lordnastrond, run away! Far away! If you can still feel temptation's presence then leave this place. I wish I could go with you, but...

It is too late for me Drake, I'm already part of the crew.... part of the ship......

c0c2610048dcb2990cc1c39350235621.jpg

Season 2 version Din Djarin is just inevitable, with that newly acquired Beskar spear, better trust me when it comes to these "speculations" :lecture

And I kinda WANT that spear, too.... so you are correct, I will wait a bit. That spear will have a purpose later, I think.

So I knew for sure I wanted Mando v1.0 when he was announced. There was no way I wasn't buying him, although all I had prior to was MU and DC figures. "We're just gonna have one SW guy?" "Yep. Just the one. Because we love him."

[buys Mythos Fett] well, two SW figures will keep each other company.

[Vintage Fett] "Its homage to the past, we need Vintage plus a collection of people wearing Mandalorian armor is not exactly a bad thing."

[Commander Cody] "Too fantastic NOT to buy. Three figures will definitely be company."

[Deluxe Fett] "Ok, we have to buy him because HOW CAN YOU NOT." And a good thing too, as the price went up...

[Jango Fett PO] "Mando Ground Zero here, he has to come live here. Everyone interested in Mandos needs Jango." I SEE A PATTERN HERE....

This is a whole bunch of guys, so we need Bo-Katan yesterday. Make it happen, HT.

We hope for such simple things :ohbfrank:

I just wish they'd give him some relaxed hands. He looks like a damn GI Joe with those cup-holder hands :slap Throws off the realism of the whole figure.

We hope for such simple things :ohbfrank:

I just wish they'd give him some relaxed hands. He looks like a damn GI Joe with those cup-holder hands :slap Throws off the realism of the whole figure.

Haven't tried. Since I have 2 Mando V1 might try, at some point, pulling off the fingers (since this is 2-part hand), heating, and flattening.

The hand thing hasn't bothered me that much. Yet.

Do wish Baby had a cloth robe vs. the awkward effect u get when Mando is holding a stiff piece of plastic. Tho that will probably be part of HT's uber-deluxe diecast version in the future$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Haven't tried. Since I have 2 Mando V1 might try, at some point, pulling off the fingers (since this is 2-part hand), heating, and flattening.

The hand thing hasn't bothered me that much. Yet.

Do wish Baby had a cloth robe vs. the awkward effect u get when Mando is holding a stiff piece of plastic. Tho that will probably be part of HT's uber-deluxe diecast version in the future$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Just wondering, how would you think a piece of cloth that small would look?

I would think it is quite impossible to make it look good regarding the fabric should fall naturally, but I might be wrong.

Of course, if it can be executed well cloth is better, but looking at other larger cloth pieces produced by hot toys I just can't see it work here.

I'm going to bet that Hot Toys tried both the sculpted potato sack and a fabric one and the fabric one just didn't work properly at that scale. He's really tiny in 1/6.

Slightly, mostly just his lower half and the cape being shorter in S2.

La8thda.png

I do like the left knee weapon... but I also like the last vestige of his old armor in the right thigh plate.

I think the only figure that will come with more stuff than this Deluxe Mando will be the inevitable DX Mandalorian down the road. I imagine the DX will have all magnetic or Velcro armor pieces for all his armor combinations.

Though real cloth would be better if possible, plastic one does the job since it looks so realistic.

I'm going to bet that Hot Toys tried both the sculpted potato sack and a fabric one and the fabric one just didn't work properly at that scale. He's really tiny in 1/6.

Yup, I'm sure HT would have no problem making a fabric outfit that size, but it would be hard to get all those subtle folds and wrinkles out of it that we see in the sculpted version. Plus the figure is too small to have much articulation anyway, so they probably didn't see the point.

Just wondering, how would you think a piece of cloth that small would look?

I would think it is quite impossible to make it look good regarding the fabric should fall naturally, but I might be wrong.

Of course, if it can be executed well cloth is better, but looking at other larger cloth pieces produced by hot toys I just can't see it work here.

Dunno. ASMUS Co. pulls of some beautiful, to-scale details with their costumes, in cloth. I've got some pleather hiking boots in 1/6 (weren't cheap) that are like shrunk down real boots.

Think it's do-able if you get the fabrics right. But that's the trick, especially with the collar and cuffs.

Dunno. ASMUS Co. pulls of some beautiful, to-scale details with their costumes, in cloth. I've got some pleather hiking boots in 1/6 (weren't cheap) that are like shrunk down real boots.

Think it's do-able if you get the fabrics right. But that's the trick, especially with the collar and cuffs.
Well boots are totally different from the cloth that is needed here, the fabric needs to fall as naturally as possible, and at this scale, that is proven to be pretty hard on human size clothes.

Again, I would prefer cloth but only if executed properly.

If only Asmus could pull off a decent head sculpt that isn't in their Crown line. They'd be up there with Hot Toys if they could nail that down. I agree, their tailoring is top notch.

Back