1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me for yet again bringing up HT Avengers Loki v1.0, but he was my first HT so the experience is still fresh on my mind.

Loki was another who kept flipping from waitlist to preorder, we had frequent Low Stock warnings and toward the end, this stuff fluctuated from day to day.

"NAAAAAH, all hype" said many as they declined to preorder. "I'll pick him up for $99 on sale six months from now, there isnt any real demand for this figure. LOL be serious, stop jerking us around SSC!"

When Loki finally hit stock after a wait of [IIRC] almost TWO YEARS, he instantly sold out - a for-real sellout, this time - and his resale value on the 'Bay went very high. Right off the bat. I have not checked recently, but my understanding is it is still pretty high. This figure has more than retained his value.

SOOOOOO... imo, learn from the past. It looks like lots and lots of people want Mando, both versions - and when he starts shipping for real people will be brawling for him in a way not seen since the aforementioned 80s SW toys and Cabbage Patch kids. If you're waffling I'd get on that list today, whether preorder or waitlist or whatever today's flavor is. Just sayin.

I had a $25 off coupon I had to use by tomorrow and I ended up putting this set on flex pay. Jetpack plus 2 of the child and hover pram justifies this price. Well I'm telling myself that lol

I had a $25 off coupon I had to use by tomorrow and I ended up putting this set on flex pay. Jetpack plus 2 of the child and hover pram justifies this price. Well I'm telling myself that lol

The two versions of the child are a big seller. As many have mentioned, you can have a child with each Mando version, original and Beskar.

Forgive me for yet again bringing up HT Avengers Loki v1.0, but he was my first HT so the experience is still fresh on my mind.

Loki was another who kept flipping from waitlist to preorder, we had frequent Low Stock warnings and toward the end, this stuff fluctuated from day to day.

"NAAAAAH, all hype" said many as they declined to preorder. "I'll pick him up for $99 on sale six months from now, there isnt any real demand for this figure. LOL be serious, stop jerking us around SSC!"

When Loki finally hit stock after a wait of [IIRC] almost TWO YEARS, he instantly sold out - a for-real sellout, this time - and his resale value on the 'Bay went very high. Right off the bat. I have not checked recently, but my understanding is it is still pretty high. This figure has more than retained his value.

SOOOOOO... imo, learn from the past. It looks like lots and lots of people want Mando, both versions - and when he starts shipping for real people will be brawling for him in a way not seen since the aforementioned 80s SW toys and Cabbage Patch kids. If you're waffling I'd get on that list today, whether preorder or waitlist or whatever today's flavor is. Just sayin.

Right but that was also 7 years ago. Hot Toys has had massive growth since then, and clearly their stock shows it. I'm not saying to wait, but I am saying that almost everything recent has sat on Sideshow for at least months. These are not Supreme drops, if you want them, you have an pretty large window of opportunity to get them. It's just that if you decide to get one after that window, you're screwed with aftermarket prices. But the window itself is forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right but that was also 7 years ago. Hot Toys has had massive growth since then, and clearly their stock shows it. I'm not saying to wait, but I am saying that almost everything recent has sat on Sideshow for at least months. These are not Supreme drops, if you want them, you have an pretty large window of opportunity to get them. It's just that if you decide to get one after that window, you're screwed with aftermarket prices. But the window itself is forgiving.

The key here is "... you're screwed with aftermarket prices." This is the thing I for one want to avoid.

Its true they do restock highly sought-after figures more than they used to. BUT. But. They never tell us in advance what they're going to do - so you have to guess. Will they restock or not? The Shadow knows... or does he

I knew I didnt want to pay $500 later, that's me tho. But each must decide for themselves.

Nah, just one year tops. I remember cause it was one of my very first PO's, and I religiously kept track of things back then (we didn't know better, now it's just click and forget :lol ).

HT was also only getting a feel of the market back then, and their prices were sort of cheap for its value (Loki was retailing for ~$150 locally). It was understandable that prices would skyrocket.

Nowadays, prices are pretty much aligned with what sellers are willing to pay, and I now just wait for in-hand pics from HK before making a decision (only exception is when local stores set up limited-time pre-orders for exclusives I like). Even the Iron Man and Star Wars figures that are now going for obscenely high prices in the aftermarket were pretty much easy to get at retail weeks after they were released in HK.

Technically a spoiler...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Slight differences on the armor from season 1. Nothing huge. Biggest difference is the cape is shorter since it's burnt from Ep8 of s1. I imagine this version will still be best to get and IF they make an updated one for S2, it'll be easy enough to just buy a few loose pads/etc from MonkeyDepot or ToyAnxiety.

Yep. No surprises here, which is why I'm getting the original version then thinking about this version after we finish season 2. No rush with this release date.

Despite the lack of differences they can still make it a tempting buy by adding a Pascal headsculpt. Either way I doubt we'll see another Din Djarin figure until this version is released. It makes you wonder what Hot Toys will kick season 2 off with? Ahsoka? Gideon? A trooper or two? I guess we'll have some indication on Thursday.

Despite the lack of differences they can still make it a tempting buy by adding a Pascal headsculpt. Either way I doubt we'll see another Din Djarin figure until this version is released. It makes you wonder what Hot Toys will kick season 2 off with? Ahsoka? Gideon? A trooper or two? I guess we'll have some indication on Thursday.

What happens on Thursday?

It makes you wonder what Hot Toys will kick season 2 off with? Ahsoka? Gideon? A trooper or two? I guess we'll have some indication on Thursday.

My money is on HT making a big splash for attention and releasing Gideon first up. He's from S1, we know about the Darksaber so no spoilers, HT have had time to develop the sculpt & get approved etc. Unless of course he has a costume change which for an imperial I very much doubt.

Very exciting that the trailer is close !!

Apart from v1 and v2 (for the sake of the child) no need to buy another Mando until he is in full Beskar from top to bottom. And probably it will be in the last season.

Technically a spoiler...

Slight differences on the armor from season 1. Nothing huge. Biggest difference is the cape is shorter since it's burnt from Ep8 of s1. I imagine this version will still be best to get and IF they make an updated one for S2, it'll be easy enough to just buy a few loose pads/etc from MonkeyDepot or ToyAnxiety.

This is great. The S1 version has Velcro for the armour.

Hot Toys will definitely release an armour update for only $14,99 so we can have a cheap S1 & S2 version.

My money is on HT making a big splash for attention and releasing Gideon first up. He's from S1, we know about the Darksaber so no spoilers, HT have had time to develop the sculpt & get approved etc. Unless of course he has a costume change which for an imperial I very much doubt.

Very exciting that the trailer is close !!

I reckon you?re spot on. So, a re-painted Rogue One stormtrooper it is then.

Back