1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F01F0884-55EB-41FC-BFCD-5D9A8CDBC8AB.jpeg

Pretty odd to see certain things delayed but others moved up.

Wonder what’s going on over there. :lol

So many speculators who think they know it all...
Agreed. It’s getting pretty exhausting dealing with so many people who think they know it all. Especially market speculators.

I miss just a few years ago when it felt more enthusiast oriented with fewer people just in it for the hype and profit/flipping.

I’m not sure if anyone has true inside knowledge, but some folks are definitely good at getting info out of others on the sly and greasing some wheels.

Others just seem to like guessing, like you said.

Last edited:
Oh, he's the one who bumped the thread. Then yes, it could be the 501st.

And yes:
205971697_10158100456932344_7324535229351333851_n.jpg

The Phase II helmet looked small to me in the proto photos. Either they fixed the proportion or it was simply lens effect. I like the proportions in the final product.
But, I really believe HT should fill the butts with pad in the trooper figures.

Phase I helmet lookes cool too.
41.jpg

What do you guys see in the blue chest markings on the figure? I can't help seeing an "i" there, but I think I am starting to see an "A". It goes better with Anakin.

At this rate Coruscant clones could be released earlier too, problem is...I haven't pre-ordered those yet.

At this rate Coruscant clones could be released earlier too, problem is...I haven't pre-ordered those yet.
They would have to be.
Easy repaint plus revealed around the same timeframe along with most other TCW characters.

I don't want to go down the Clone rabbit hole..ive done that in the past with Hasbro and Gentle Giant and with Sideshow...but damn that Coruscant Clone would go well with the new Maul or alongside Sidious.

With all the delays in Hot Toys schedule, i was expecting the helmeted figures to move up in the release queue. Coruscant guard but also Death Watch Mando or Transport Trooper could be out well before expected ETA.

They would have to be.
Easy repaint plus revealed around the same timeframe along with most other TCW characters.

I don't want to go down the Clone rabbit hole..ive done that in the past with Hasbro and Gentle Giant and with Sideshow...but damn that Coruscant Clone would go well with the new Maul or alongside Sidious.
I swore I would never go stone clone crazy again, but these and the guard look great. Luckily, the mandalorian took over so it doesn’t look like any other clones will be shipped out for over 2 years, if they ever preorder any figures other than mandalorian. I’ll grab 3 of these and 3 guards because I’m a lunatic.

Makes sense that these came sooner than expected to me. Figures like Troopers are probably easier to churn out in a faster time.

I think I’ll get at least one of these guys, maybe two. A regular and a deluxe would be nice.

View attachment 529621

Pretty odd to see certain things delayed but others moved up.

Wonder what’s going on over there. :lol

Agreed. It’s getting pretty exhausting dealing with so many people who think they know it all. Especially market speculators.

I miss just a few years ago when it felt more enthusiast oriented with fewer people just in it for the hype and profit/flipping.

I’m not sure if anyone has true inside knowledge, but some folks are definitely good at getting info out of others on the sly and greasing some wheels.

Others just seem to like guessing, like you said.
Look at that gorgeous bastard.

I don't need 4..I don't need 4..I don't need 4.

I'm with the rest of you who think the Coruscant guards will be pushed up as well.

If by elite squad troopers you mean Delta Squad, they got like 20 seconds of screen time in TCW, Filoni just loved them and wanted to make them canon, but they never got an arc. I would bet money Hot Toys isn't making figures of them.

212th Clones I could see happening, especially if these 501st Clones sell well. Easy repaint and easy money for Hot Toys. They'd also go well with Obi-Wan and Cody, so I hope they happen.

Can't help but wonder if Rex or the Coruscant Guard figures will be the next release now.

If by elite squad troopers you mean Delta Squad, they got like 20 seconds of screen time in TCW, Filoni just loved them and wanted to make them canon, but they never got an arc. I would bet money Hot Toys isn't making figures of them.

212th Clones I could see happening, especially if these 501st Clones sell well. Easy repaint and easy money for Hot Toys. They'd also go well with Obi-Wan and Cody, so I hope they happen.

Can't help but wonder if Rex or the Coruscant Guard figures will be the next release now.
Elite Squad Troopers are the codename for troopers in Crosshair's unit.

q47tyn7gxqe61.jpg

Think we'll get the 212th when Kenobi goes up, similar to how they did the 501st with Ahsoka last year.

I’m surprised Hot Toys hasn’t announced more Clones honestly. People like to army build them and they‘re easy releases since they’re mostly just repaints.

Back