1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leo-pointing.jpg

Can't recall if it's already been brought up, but did anyone confirm later waves have the corrected nameplate for the stands, from the misspelled "Bat

I’m no professional photographer but here are a few comparison shots. The sideshow clones cannot stand up without a stand lol. The sideshow helmet is a big larger as well

Added Fives as well…who wants to topple down in any non museum pose.

I’ll be selling my SS 501st deluxe once my other HT 501st ships.

View attachment 534126View attachment 534124View attachment 534125
How is the Hot Toys body compared to the SS body? I took out my SS 501st Deluxe to give it look over and the arms feel like a floppy mess. I could get it to stand by itself, but the arms are weak.

Five? Odd number that, gotta bump it to six.
Then you need to round it up to ten.

I like often like ordering troopers in small companies of five. My reasoning may sound a bit strange but I like to put three in the front and have two standing behind them in the space gaps to the left and right of the center trooper. Can save some display space depending on what you are going for.

How is the Hot Toys body compared to the SS body? I took out my SS 501st Deluxe to give it look over and the arms feel like a floppy mess. I could get it to stand by itself, but the arms are weak.
I wouldn’t worry about the Hot Toys body. The Sideshow ones are no comparison and always not great, being floppy almost right out of the box.

A few others have already responded but the Hot Toys body is practically perfection.

I was futzing with the SS 501st today and got him to temporarily stand on his own but everything is just so floppy, as you said. The arms do love to fall on their own.

Funny thing is the Veteran white deluxe (for me at least), does such a better job standing up and having his arms up too.

I have the Veteran white deluxe holding that massive gun and standing on his own for a few years. No issues. But I got rid of the rest. Waiting for my HT 501st to ship.

These helmets are just incredible. Need Rex badly...I am so tempted to get another 501st. The clones are fantastic!
I just realized you’re the C-3PO Mr. Potato Head. I zoomed in on the avatar and laughed.

Congrats on getting the figure in. Best to get another while it’s still readily available if you’re interested.

Back