1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 010 - The Mandalorian: Heavy Infantry Mandalorian aka Paz Vizla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are doomed. Hot Toys now have the perfect template to apply their Iron Man strategy to the Star Wars universe. How long before the DieCast treatment?

Right lol I was hoping it wasn?t going to be revealed so soon but right we are doomed because this figure is awesome and I must have it.

I really thought that after all the Endgame stuff I was going to finally start saving to retire. Then this show comes along. Don?t know how deep HT will go with the variations of the Mando armors but this, the first Mando and the full Beskar are all must buys. I will inform the wife that retirement age has been pushed back to 70! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really thought that after all the Endgame stuff I was going to finally start saving to retire. Then this show comes along. Don?t know how deep HT will go with the variations of the Mando armors but this, the first Mando and the full Beskar are all must buys. I will inform the wife that retirement age has been pushed back to 70! :)

:rotfl This is pretty much me at the moment, I was all for a first version Mando and that'd do... then came Yoby,Beskar and Pav Viszla.....

Woah Favreau already has his own Star Wars figure!? Might as well put him in charge of the franchise. This is the way!

I must be the only one who, while I’ve been enjoying the show for the most part, I haven’t felt compelled to buy any of the figures announced so far. They look cool and all, just not making me go nuts over them. Maybe if they start making some aliens, I’ll be more excited.

That's the bit that stood out to me.

Yep. No doubt they were waiting to see how it was received before showing additional figures.

I wonder how many figures phase 2 consists of ?
I wonder how many phases HT has ?
Will we have the same for Cassian and Obi-Wan series ?

.....so many questions !!

Yep. No doubt they were waiting to see how it was received before showing additional figures.

I expect a few troopers like the incinerator trooper.

I expect a few troopers like the incinerator trooper.

I'm hoping for an off-world Jawa set with vac-tube and egg. I'm not even kidding, this is why I'm holding back on pre-ordering the Jawa and Gonk set.

Well, savin' is a good thing. Was tired of not having back-up stash of cash, then u read stuff like "a lot of Americans don't have $400 for an emergency".:horror

But then if u don't buy when stuff is retail, MAYBE u will end up paying mark-up prices.

So I was gonna pass on most SW stuff - tho I have TFA Rey and Kylo - thought they were enough to represent the new wave of SW, and liked the aesthetic. I still do 'coz TFA had some spectacular images in the desert.

But so does Mandalorian and luv this show. They're working on the next season. I am so screwed $$$$$$:lol

Annnd - just to save money, I'd probably pass on the heavy infantry Mandalorian but - I like it. And also as figs go, since I keep my figs, like the idea that it's Favreau, where a lot of goodness has come from. U won't know on the shelf but I will know. Plus that moment at the end when all the Mandalorians show up was just so friggin' AWESOME. :cool:

i?ll get this guy just as a representation of Faverau for this series. Plus he'll look damn impressive on the shelf !

Agreed. Its like getting the Stan Lee figure for Marvel.

The only downside to all of these Mandalorian figures is that figures for the OT and RO will be pushed back or skipped, all together.

So, considering how fast they showcased the fig?re after the episode, they know what lies ahead. Maybe there are more waiting to see sunlight.

At this stage I?ll be picking up whatever Hot Toys makes from this show. Hopefully we?ll get a fully beskar armoured Mando next and perhaps Cara Dune.

I'm in for whatever they offer from this show. 100% in. Both of those are pretty much locks. I think looking towards Hasbro is probably a smart way to go with what HT is probably planning.

I'm hoping for an off-world Jawa set with vac-tube and egg. I'm not even kidding, this is why I'm holding back on pre-ordering the Jawa and Gonk set.

I think you'll see a Jawa two pack, it's a simple color change for HT and different enough to market without getting people to cancel the other.

KG Hobby has it down as $250. Not so bad at all.

That is cheaper than I thought he'd be.

Really !!! Instant buy then. I was expecting 280 or more due to size and potential lower sales of this guy.

I have a feeling the lack of accessories (although not sure what you could include) kept the cost down.

TAIT FLETCHER portrayed this character, Jon Favreau voiced the character. Heads up, Tait Fletcher is Empire Con bound! Tait has already played multiple roles in the Mandalorian, most prominently the "Mandalorian Heavy" (voiced by Jon Favreau himself!) and the disgruntled slaver (with a spilled drink.) Tait is an MMA fighter, stuntman, public speaker and actor, Tait's other film work includes Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017), Breaking Bad (2008) and Westworld (2016).

It's a David Prowse/James Earl Jones situation. That's pretty cool IMHO.

Honestly they could go nuts with this and I expect them to. I think you'll see the Mandalorian armorer done probably deluxe with smithing table especially given the scene they could do with this figure and The Mandalorian. I wouldn't be shocked if we got a couple of background Mandos too. The thing is we're only 3 episodes in and the amount of figures that could hit are fairly high, I wonder what surprises we'll get from the show by the end of the season that people will be dying for by year's end. I've put this priority over Rise of Skywalker, I might just be getting Kylo Ren and maybe Sheev from there.

Back