1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IG-11 is how IG-88 looks in my head. Just an overall better design imo.

I love seeing IG-11 in action onscreen but looks-wise I like the bigger shoulder bells and longer torso on IG-88 - more imposing and less human-like proportions. IG-11's shorter torso has a bit of a "pants pulled up too high" look to me.

I also like how IG-88's joints are more abstract in terms of how they'd function - IG-11's are more standard android joints you've seen on many movie robots. That's what I meant about the whole hips area looking like it's been directly ported over from a Terminator.

Also something about IG-11's bandoliers that have a showy, almost superhero look about them - IG-88's single bandolier seems more gritty and utilitarian. I also loved the contrast in IG-88 having a super long rifle vs the shorter stormie blaster - for IG-11 they shortened the rifle a bit, making the two weapons more similar in size.

I love seeing IG-11 in action onscreen but looks-wise I like the bigger shoulder bells and longer torso on IG-88 - more imposing and less human-like proportions. IG-11's shorter torso has a bit of a "pants pulled up too high" look to me.

I also like how IG-88's joints are more abstract in terms of how they'd function - IG-11's are more standard android joints you've seen on many movie robots. That's what I meant about the whole hips area looking like it's been directly ported over from a Terminator.

Also something about IG-11's bandoliers that have a showy, almost superhero look about them - IG-88's single bandolier seems more gritty and utilitarian. I also loved the contrast in IG-88 having a super long rifle vs the shorter stormie blaster - for IG-11 they shortened the rifle a bit, making the two weapons more similar in size.

The problem is Ig-88 doesn?t function since the prop was never designed to be functional. IG-11 is the practical and realistic version of IG-88 and a prior model so you could account for the smaller features such as the torso to be the older, obsolete form. IG-88 would be the newer model after all. I agree the bandoliers don?t look as good and IG-11 looks better without them.

I thought I would get mine soon from sideshow but then I realized I ordered from BBTS. The wait continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Sideshow shipping these out yet or at least have given out 10/14 Day notices?

I don't believe anyone has any word from Sideshow yet. It's only been about a month since it dropped so I'm not holding my breath. I don't think it will ship until late April.

I thought I would get mine soon from sideshow but then I realized I ordered from BBTS. The wait continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess we will be waiting until April. I also have Heavy Mando with IG-11 at BBTS. Can’t wait!

SS did an unsealed and delivered video about 10 or so days ago, which usually means that the figure is due to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks from when the video aired.

24FB1391-9980-455F-B438-B9B8F154A229.jpg

This figure looks exceptional! Great shot Yoshi:clap

I was hoping that i wouldn't get dragged into the Mando rabbit hole...but with IG-11 being one of my favourite characters...the power of the force is slowly pulling me in:)

Wow, Yoshi - keep those pics coming. Can I ask what camera you use? Great lighting and pose aside, they're gorgeous quality images.

For some reason I never noticed that IG-11 has Terminator-style fingers versus IG-88's single finger "pincers."

Thanks! =] I have a Canon EOS 700D w/ 135mm

If you're a fan of the design, I recommend grabbing this as who knows when we'll get another IG unit from HotToys. I haven't used the stand once, or eve taken it out the box yet. He stands real well as his legs are mostly diecast. The fingers are nice and tight too, so holding the weapons is no problem.

Back