Hot Toys TIE Interceptor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TIE Fighter

Well the TIE fighter showed last year, did not have the "not for sale" plate standing beside it. It had "pending approval" though. May that mean there is a chance for that one :wink1:

Re: Hot Toys TIE Fighter

Well the TIE fighter showed last year, did not have the "not for sale" plate standing beside it. It had "pending approval" though. May that mean there is a chance for that one :wink1:

Maybe some visitors kept asking HT representatives to buy this TIE, and then they decided to put that announcement to avoid more questions

deafd138fa4a1392c9bf55afc428d9c7.jpg

So... same question from last year... are these vehicles something that will eventually be for sale, or just show decoration?

Says "not for sale" just for you. :)

That's the same as last year with big wing TIE, but then one of the major SW sites did an interview with HT on the floor and they stated that it would likely be offered for sale. So it's not as simple as that.:dunno

I mean what's the Falcon cockpit then? Everyone's assuming it's a for-sale item (after everyone assuming it was a dsiplay dio like the Falcon cargo bay), but that's still - over a year later - unclear.:slap

It's not getting made for sale. Would it awesome yes. Is this one more feasible than a Tie Fighter sure. Asking them to sell it won't likely make any differnce unless people are willing to put down large deposito at the same time.

That's the same as last year with big wing TIE, but then one of the major SW sites did an interview with HT on the floor and they stated that it would likely be offered for sale. So it's not as simple as that.:dunno

I mean what's the Falcon cockpit then? Everyone's assuming it's a for-sale item (after everyone assuming it was a dsiplay dio like the Falcon cargo bay), but that's still - over a year later - unclear.:slap

Last year it just said "1/6 scale collectible" hence the confusion. Short of them just not showing it at all, I'm not sure how "not for sale" when everything else says "pending licensor approval" isn't clear.

Also I don't think HT actually goes to SDCC. They might send stuff to Sideshow. But sideshow also labeled the clearly ROTS 1/4 scale Vader as a Return of the Jedi Vader last year, and labeled the 1/4 scale Ren this year as sixth scale, so maybe the people on site can't completely be trusted for Hot Toys info.

It wouldn't be in Hot Toys best interest to simply start producing pieces of this size because there is no telling what the market would be for them. My best guess is they will build the hype up around pieces of this size by showing them off like they have been at cons then will most likely will release the Millennium cockpit, see how well it sells then go from there.

Last year it just said "1/6 scale collectible" hence the confusion. Short of them just not showing it at all, I'm not sure how "not for sale" when everything else says "pending licensor approval" isn't clear.

Also I don't think HT actually goes to SDCC. They might send stuff to Sideshow. But sideshow also labeled the clearly ROTS 1/4 scale Vader as a Return of the Jedi Vader last year, and labeled the 1/4 scale Ren this year as sixth scale, so maybe the people on site can't completely be trusted for Hot Toys info.

From Jedi Insider (SDCC 2015) mostly re: massive MF, but referencing the big wing TIE, see text below the pic (seems they spoke directly to "the folks at HT"):

1z5i0yq.png

As I'm saying, the status of all of these huge 1/6 pieces is not clear at all - whether it's called a "collectible" or "not for sale".:dunno

You're putting a lot of faith in folks who wanted to verify if an entire 1/6 falcon would be for sale. Just assume it's not for sale unless you see a pre-order. These are bigger than anything they've ever put up for sale before. And when they're literally trying to tell people at the show that something will not be for sale (interceptor), I really don't know how, in that case, it can be more clear.

You're putting a lot of faith in folks who wanted to verify if an entire 1/6 falcon would be for sale. Just assume it's not for sale unless you see a pre-order. These are bigger than anything they've ever put up for sale before. And when they're literally trying to tell people at the show that something will not be for sale (interceptor), I really don't know how, in that case, it can be more clear.

Truechè

I know it's a different type of collector who collects the studio scale stuff (and it was a different time, 2011 I think), but there was only demand for about 750 at $1000 each.

I dunno - we live in a world where you can buy a range of 6' tall Kenner action figures, so very little is off the table.:lol

And if it was some Freak who said he "talked to someone on the floor" I'd discount it more easily, but Jedi Insider is one of the top 5 SW sites. But hey - website journalism ain't what it used to be.:rotfl

Back