Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4217232977_b0caac9dcd.jpg

Until just now I was struggling with wanting this, but not being willing to buy it with money being so tight at the moment, but after seeing that picture... SUPER-PASS on this one. The best thing about this character is how she looks in her outfit. The prototype had its issues, but this figure just looks terrible! Long shorts, baggy fit. :yuck

I read a rumor that Hot Toys is most likely finsihed with the line after The Comedian. Is there any truth to this? It would be a shame not to get Rorschach and if that is the case, SS would be a must have to go along with her dad.

Maybe disappointing sales (!?) of Silk Spectre + disappointing pre-sales (!?) of The Comedian are influencing HT's decision to end the line. I can't imagine they'd stop after 2 figures if both were selling great. Then again, HT isn't really known for completing full lines.

I gotta say, im surprised they started with these two characters. You'd think they'd start with someone like Rorschach, who'd more than likely be a sure seller. Would be cool to have the whole gang but guess we'll have to wait n see what Hot Toys decide.

I don't think it's looking too good for the Watchmen line. HT's are announcing a lot of lines this year... Iron Man 2, Price Persia, Avatar, Titans, Basterds, plus T2 & T1, Tron, X-Men, Marvel Comics... I'd say we're lucky to get Rorschach and that's it.

Well to be honest Rorschach is the only one i'd probably buy. But would be cool if they did the whole line up. But as you say, its not really looking promising. Speaking of x-men, is it confirmed that Hot Toys are doing x-men, not just Wolverine Origins?

Yep, I also forgot to add Blade & Spider-Man to that list.

I hope HT delivers for all these lines, and also hoping they hired enough people to roll these things out. I hate wait time :(

Awesome. I was considering getting Wolverine, even though i thought the Origins movie sucked. But i may wait and see what they come up with in the future.

Yep, I also forgot to add Blade & Spider-Man to that list.

I hope HT delivers for all these lines, and also hoping they hired enough people to roll these things out. I hate wait time :(

A might ambitious year for HT. Much like you, I hope they pull it off without extending wait time or quality.

Well to be honest Rorschach is the only one i'd probably buy
^This :lecture

I think Hot Toys shot themselves in the foot by starting with Silk Spectre. The problem is that, while I'm sure most of would be content with just having Rorschach, none of us would be content with just Silk Spectre. I'm sure many of us passed on her simply due to not knowing whether or not this line would go anywhere (which it doesn't look like it will.) I think I would really rather have none of them than just SS and Comedian.

And I would rather have the Comedian and SS than none at all. I love the book and movie that much to have any high end representation of them in my collection. I do remember seeing some HT studio pics of what looked like a WIP Rorschach so I hope we at least get him.

Too bad I probably don't have to worry about saving up for an Ozymandias or Nite Owl any time soon. :(

At least the Christopher Reeve Supes makes up for that! :rock

I think Hot Toys shot themselves in the foot by starting with Silk Spectre. The problem is that, while I'm sure most of would be content with just having Rorschach, none of us would be content with just Silk Spectre. I'm sure many of us passed on her simply due to not knowing whether or not this line would go anywhere (which it doesn't look like it will.) I think I would really rather have none of them than just SS and Comedian.

Yeah, i think if they'd started with Rorschach a lot of people would have bought him. Then they might have bought the others to finish off the line or something. But neither Silk Spectre nor Comedian has that kind of draw.

Not to highjack The Watchman thread but XMO: Wolverine is a great piece IMO.

Yeah, i didnt wanna go too far off topic but i do reckon i'll end up caving in and buying the Origins Wolverine, just because he looks so good. Just that the thread on that seems to be a little quiet at the mo.

I agree and I also think the flop of "The Spirit" line also lowered Hot Toys enthusiam with the Watchmen. The Spirit license is probably not that familiar in asia as well as the Watchmen license, and Hot Toys is still about making a profit, so therefore mabey they feel like they would potentially lose money on Watchmen figures.

And with the awesome announcement yesterday in the "Milk" magazine (thanks OMG) they might already be looking ahead :( We got other good lines coming up (T-2, T-1, Supes Reeves), but i would still loved me some Watchmen :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

And The Spirit figure could have been Rorshach cuz their outfits have similar traits (hat, coat). It still makes me upset cuz I have been waiting for the definiative Watchmen figures even since I read the novel. SS and Comedian are still cool and I'll prob pick them up, but as everyone has said, no Rorschach or Daniel, and even Dr. Manhattan, it just wont feel complete. :sick

And I would rather have the Comedian and SS than none at all. I love the book and movie that much to have any high end representation of them in my collection. I do remember seeing some HT studio pics of what looked like a WIP Rorschach so I hope we at least get him.

Too bad I probably don't have to worry about saving up for an Ozymandias or Nite Owl any time soon. :(

At least the Christopher Reeve Supes makes up for that! :rock

^ That is true! :rock

and I think Ozy would definately have been last.

I think Night Owl II or Rorshach would have been the characters to start with SSII thrown in. Ozy would have been cool to see as well.

I'm partial cause my favorite Watchmen is getting made. But I'd rather have all/most of them though.

Back