Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way the SS one comes anywhere close to the prototype. You can tell it was painted by an artisan and done by hand, you won't get that from a factory job. The big question is how close can a factory get? At this point I'm sitting tight, I have a feeling they'll be plenty available once they start shipping out and make my decision from there.

91105177_3726015990804690_8973449582117650432_o.jpg

Never noticed his claws were so yellow, first noticed this on SHF version but HT is doing it too.

Cmon Hot Toys, why didn't you also give us the floating crib? Man I would've jumped on that, how awesome to have that on display. Could have been on top of a clear acrylic pole and planet base....

Cmon Hot Toys, why didn't you also give us the floating crib? Man I would've jumped on that, how awesome to have that on display. Could have been on top of a clear acrylic pole and planet base....

Why ? : Cost + shipping

But perhaps they are waiting to see how sales go before offering something like that seperately, or the bag or whatever else.

IMO they could have differentiated themselves better with the little soup bowl and hands for that, or a frog rather than the ears.

There is no way the SS one comes anywhere close to the prototype. You can tell it was painted by an artisan and done by hand, you won't get that from a factory job. The big question is how close can a factory get? At this point I'm sitting tight, I have a feeling they'll be plenty available once they start shipping out and make my decision from there.

But the paint job on Hot Toys Proto is even worse, it looks so plastic! So that final piece will still most probably look worse than Sideshows.

Not sure if I?m in the minority here but I think that looks pretty darn good
No. You're not, I definitely prefer the HT as well. The more I look at the SS the more the likeness degrades to me. There's something wrong with the mouth area, it's frog-like. SS's production history will probably catch up to them too and in the end the HT will be the better package. But we'll see.

HT's expression does not suit to The Child, but likeness is good, especially in the picture above. SS's expression is good, but likeness suffers in the mouth area. No absolute winner.

Why ? : Cost + shipping

But perhaps they are waiting to see how sales go before offering something like that seperately, or the bag or whatever else.

IMO they could have differentiated themselves better with the little soup bowl and hands for that, or a frog rather than the ears.

HT will embrace the Dark Side and offer a fully loaded full scale Baby with bowl, cradle, frog, another set of ears, canvas bag, and charge $850 as a convention exclusive in the fall, after this gets POd.

The same convention will offer a 1/6 light up Razor Crest cockpit with LED light up for $599 (figures not included), along with a Kuill and Blurg set for $736.

And because of the Season 2 Mando hype they will be instant sell-outs immediately put on 'bay for 3x original price.:devil

HT's expression does not suit to The Child, but likeness is good, especially in the picture above. SS's expression is good, but likeness suffers in the mouth area. No absolute winner.

Yep. Still think the 1/6 Child is best.

tenor.gif

I dunno, that half open mouth look the HT one has is pretty representative, I think.
00361e53b1423542236f3c0c0cc98e0a.gif

Whether puppet or CGI, these gifs IMO just show what h3ll must be for sculptors e.g. the slightest move of eyebrows and mouth changes everything.

Just wanted more "friendliness" "inquisitiveness" which IMO the HT doesn't have, unless u tilt the head. But IMO it's pretty good and probably as good as it gets, unless u go custom. The SSC version/statue just isn't for me, although the thought of genuine glass eyes has appeal.

Assuming the factory doesn't do googly eyes which is a peeve of mine:horror. Do feel confident about HT's eye work.

And d@mn Baby Yoda is just so friggin' CUTE Favreau and Filoni are genius.:cool:

No doubt they struck gold with the Child. I've lost so much interest in Star Wars overall, but the Child is so freaking adorable I'm still tempted by this.

I prefer the HT because of the ability to pose it, and my lack of confidence in Sideshow's end results.

The ability to tilt the head down is a major win imo. Really gives him a different look entirely compared to looking forward.

No doubt they struck gold with the Child. I've lost so much interest in Star Wars overall, but the Child is so freaking adorable I'm still tempted by this.

I prefer the HT because of the ability to pose it, and my lack of confidence in Sideshow's end results.

The ability to tilt the head down is a major win imo. Really gives him a different look entirely compared to looking forward.

Yeah I mean my distaste for the SS expression aside, I want a figure. I've never seen so many people jump ship for a statue before.

I think the articulation will be pretty limited, but if it's something you want then the choice is easy. My qualms about overall looks aside, I feel like HT really came up short on accessories especially when considering the price.

I think the articulation will be pretty limited, but if it's something you want then the choice is easy. My qualms about overall looks aside, I feel like HT really came up short on accessories especially when considering the price.

Another face/head would be great, but I'm not sure what else they'd do. I never expected the carriage, it's just too big. I think the big head, ears, and large hands that are pretty much all hand painted is a big cost factor.

I mean...he has a full assortment of limbs, two sets of ears, basically a life-size mythosaur pendant replica, and the shift knob...hardly coming up short. The soup bowl and the frog are really the only two items that are logical misses.

The pram is too big.

The bag is...eh I just don't see a lot of folks buying a $400 figure to cram it in a pouch.

Back