Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91221911_151760102980283_8469704623295299584_n.jpg

90255983_151760122980281_3289325592977080320_n.jpg

90202343_151760149646945_2291134094844624896_n.jpg

superb!

The bag may end up being an accessory we can buy. It and the pram crib. Accessory kit with cup, bag, pram and frog.

Sideshow's prototype looks a lot better.

The ability to pose is very cool but for the price of this thing, the ear seems are killing it for me. Takes away from it being life sized in my opinion. The facial expression isn't doing anything for it either.

I suppose it will come down to 'in hand' for both of them though.

Sideshow's prototype looks a lot better.

The ability to pose is very cool but for the price of this thing, the ear seems are killing it for me. Takes away from it being life sized in my opinion. The facial expression isn't doing anything for it either.

I suppose it will come down to 'in hand' for both of them though.

To each his own, but I would not go as far as Sideshow's looks "a lot" better.
Again, statue vs. an articulated life-size figure. I'll stick with Hot Toys track record vs. Sideshow's.

I will say that the paint apps (eyes especially) will probably be better with Hot Toys.

I do kind of wish they had just picked one ear pose, but I am good with the interchangeable option...
seams or not.

The fearful expression works best with the ears down. But this really needs a 2nd headsculpt with a happier, cuter expression.

Maybe they can release a Deluxe version with a 2nd head and the soup bowl. :lecture

I don't understand how anyone likes the SS expression better, he looks like an old depressed man. This one isn't much happier, but it's a lot better IMO.

About the ears, how will SS mold the figure to have no seams? Wouldn't there be a long seam running across the head somewhere if their ears doesn't have seams?

Sideshow looks way better for once. More accurate sculpt, nice sub surface scatter happening on the ear to make it look like actual flesh and accurate hair.

Also what the hell is Hot Toys thinking with that god awful seam on the ears? The swapped ears barely even make a difference. Not worth those ugly seams at all.

TOP: SHOW
MIDDLE: HOT TOYS
BOTTOM: SIDESHOW

91145375_3258202100880330_5206269574214844416_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90909338_10157021626472344_8627430979344007168_o.jpg

That seam..

steve.gif

So in the description they only mention that the head and arms are articulated. What is the point of it being a “figure” if you can’t even pose it to be sitting. Limited articulation and the ear seams make me skeptical of this purchase.

Sideshow looks way better for once. More accurate sculpt, nice sub surface scatter happening on the ear to make it look like actual flesh and accurate hair.

Also what the hell is Hot Toys thinking with that god awful seam on the ears? The swapped ears barely even make a difference. Not worth those ugly seams at all.

That?s being dramatic. I disagree Sideshow looks way better, but each sculpt has more accurate parts. Perhaps if they had Hot Toys? head shape and eyes with Sideshow?s mouth (less overbite) it could be a perfect one. Sideshow?s production quality hasn?t been the best whereas Hot Toys usually has a more consistent track record. I think in the long run Hot Toys, especially with the articulation and better production quality, will win out. My opinion. But then again that?s the beauty of options. I like Hot Toys? version, you like SSC, and we don?t even have to agree on it.

I am hoping if they do release the bag and any other accessories, they are by themselves...
If I preorder this today from Sideshow, I don't want a DX version released tomorrow, lol.

Yes, I initially thought the bag and the pod were included but doesn't appear to be the case based on the description at Sideshow. Wouldn't need the bag but would be interested in the pod IF the child can be posed in a seated position. I'm holding off on this for now...

So in the description they only mention that the head and arms are articulated. What is the point of it being a ?figure? if you can?t even pose it to be sitting. Limited articulation and the ear seams make me skeptical of this purchase.

Yeah honestly I don't really see much point in making this articulated, unless you just want to change what direction he's looking in now and then. The 1/4 version will probably be a lot better for creating fun poses since it'll likely come with alternate heads and expressions.

I think people are seeing what they want to see, and telling themselves whatever they need to to justify their own pre-orders.

As someone who liked the show, but has no interest in either one of these, I personally believe the sideshow one is significantly better than the HT one, and that's probably the ONLY time I've ever going to say that, ever.

The SS one looks exactly like the puppet from the show, and the sack outfit looks better as well. Plus, the expression HT went with is rather odd, and the ear seams are inexcusable.

Either way, it's $350/$400 I'll be spending on the deluxe Mando instead.

Back