Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks who jumped the gun & pre-ordered the Sideshow version: ?Hmm...actually think the SS version is better...?
EVERYONE else: ?The Hot Toys version is the better looking figure.?

Lol nope. I didn't preorder Sideshow version but it looks better than this. Prototype-wise of course. Winner will be decided with final products.

I’m definitely getting both, and even I know which production piece will be better in hand.

And that’s definitely the Hot Toys piece. It’s only downside are those damn seam lines for the interchangeable ears. Should’ve done without them.

But between the prototypes, Sideshows wins quite convincingly imo, but as I and others have mentioned the chances of it coming out at prototype quality is quite slim, if not impossible. But there’s always a chance. Like one day I might actually win the lottery.

It’s like the Baby Groots, I also have both versions and Sideshows version was disappointing in comparison.

The Sideshow proto definitely looks better by a good bit. We will see how the production pieces turn out. Hot Toys has almost always bested Sideshow in the end when doing the same or similar stuff and it's usually due to their superior paint work. Those seam lines on the HT are pretty bad. I'll get both if I feel like both are viable. To be honest I'm a little surprised the Sideshow proto is noticeably better looking than the HT.

Folks who jumped the gun & pre-ordered the Sideshow version: ?Hmm...actually think the SS version is better...?
EVERYONE else: ?The Hot Toys version is the better looking figure.?

Nah, the Sideshow version just looks more ?realistic?. The HT version looks more like a baby doll.

Agree that the ssc one looks better in prototype. Hopefully production version will be as good.

Are you from yesterday? SSC will never deliver anything even close to the prototype. It will blow. HT is superior any time.

Hot Toys doesn't always deliver on the final product either:

Obi-Wan Kenobi ep3. (Good, but nowhere near prototype likeness)
Black Panther
Luke Skywalker Crait

Why is the HT version so expensive. Baby Groot was like 180-200 EUR...

Sideshows version all the way for me!
What a disappoint this turned out to be!

The seams on the ears are a deal breaker for me. I would likely have gotten this and the Sideshow piece but those ear seams aren't something I can live with on a life size piece...

EFBB2BAC-6024-4902-AF4F-BD57A5FA5BF9.jpeganyone puck up anything from Legacy Effects hopefully it matches up to prototype

Back