Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Shoretrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Trooper design that I liked outside the OT trilogy is the Patrol Trooper from Solo!!! Everything else was "slap something together and call it Star Wars!!

maxresdefault.jpg

The only Trooper design that I liked outside the OT trilogy is the Patrol Trooper from Solo!!! Everything else was "slap something together and call it Star Wars!!

View attachment 503543

Slap something together and call it a whatever is what i have love about Star Wars since 1977. Everything was just a big mixture of anything they could find including a random ice cream maker lol

So the Squad Leader has a Rogue One base to match the other and the Grunt gets a regular base? Good move HT! Great planning.

Gotta say I still don't understand the love for this design. The helmet seems totally generic to me, especially compared to the Tank Trooper, Death Trooper, or Patrol Trooper. Unless it's just about being from Rogue One, or having a trooper in a different color scheme?

They look a little more grounded design-wise, but I'm with you. Not really into them. I think they look okay in action but I don't feel the design on my shelf. I'm obviously in the minority. :lol

It's great that people are getting another shot though. The aftermarket is crying.

Out of all the new designs my favourite is the Mudtrooper. It nails the OT aesthetic, IMO. Death Troopers are cool but they're a little modern and over-designed in comparison.

They look a little more grounded design-wise, but I'm with you. Not really into them. I think they look okay in action but I don't feel the design on my shelf. I'm obviously in the minority. [emoji38]

It's great that people are getting another shot though. The aftermarket is crying.

Out of all the new designs my favourite is the Mudtrooper. It nails the OT aesthetic, IMO. Death Troopers are cool but they're a little modern and over-designed in comparison.
Yeah I also think it's just a decent 7 out of 10 trooper.

The way the original Shoretrooper became unavailable and the secondary price exploded adds to the desirability of this release not if I "really" want it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PO?d this one...came out to around $206. Once I get some other orders paid off I?ll order the squad leader

Very cool HT is releasing both, and completing the trio. :yess:

Always said if I was to get a shoretooper I'd just want the regular grunt as I prefer this look and color without the blue.

Well, here he is!! Now to procrastinate for the next 2 years if I really need one... :lol

Can't believe we are getting the Mando and the RO version! Too good to be true, bring on the pre-orders.

Last edited:
Glad these 2 are going up! Looking forward to the Mando/Grunt version the most... my initial choice out of the 3 when first teased years ago.

Me too. That's the one I was waiting for and why I passed on the captain. At the time, I felt he was too colorful... although now I have come around on the colors. But I still like the simplicity of the grunt.

That said, I'll probably get rainbow Squad Leader too.

$230 each on Sideshow. High for Troopers, but about what’s to be expected from current pricing. I for sure will get one. Leaning towards the Squad Leader still. Might get the normal Trooper too but we’ll see.

Back