Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point it's really about whether you're willing to wait for prospective figures or not. Looking at 2022 for an ESB Han at this rate if Solo Han keeps getting pushed back.

Preordered 2, I dig these a lot.

Awesome you going for this look ?

93936802_10157117518747344_7290594778939392000_o.jpg

Awesome you going for this look ?

Wish I could $$$$ but used a few RPs and ordered IG-11 and the Scout Set - was the pic with IG-11 that did me in:cool:, tho I wanted to pick IG-11 up anyway. And the laughing Child IMO is irresistible even it's an inch high.:cool:

Not sure display-wise what I will do with the trooper - leave him laying on the ground, maybe:monkey3. Need a pair but $$$. Don't wanna commit any more until SW Day, where maybe Cara and possibly others like Moff will get released.

Since I'm new getting SW 1/6 and SW figs in general - reading the comments re costumes is interesting but not likely to stop me from buying anything Mandalorian.:drool As long as there are funds and who knows these days. Still, this trooper won't even be out until next year if that; and SSC thankfully did a long PO.

Hi guys, so Timcent is reliable? This will be my first time buying from him if all the recommendations I have seen so far stand.
I will be shipping to the USA.
You guys in the USA ever get saddled with extra taxes after it arrives here?
Thank you!

You'll never pay taxes on imported toys ever, it has to be like over $2,000 in one order I think for them to charge customs taxes.

Alter Ego Comics now charging shipping on their Hot Toys even this set. Looking for a new HT dealer again.

I didn't try other figures, but I was wondering if it's because of the size. Timewalker usually ships free over $350 but they're still charging for this one. But it's only like $13.50 to ship from there to me in San Diego, I'll probably order from them. Alter-Ego wanted like $50 to ship the Scout and speeder.

Hi guys, so Timcent is reliable? This will be my first time buying from him if all the recommendations I have seen so far stand.
I will be shipping to the USA.
You guys in the USA ever get saddled with extra taxes after it arrives here?
Thank you!

He is a great HK seller. I have made several purchases over the past few years. The best I?ve dealt with... packaging only topped by Popcultcha?s thick bubble wrap armor. A heads up you will not get the HT shipper though.

I didn't try other figures, but I was wondering if it's because of the size. Timewalker usually ships free over $350 but they're still charging for this one. But it's only like $13.50 to ship from there to me in San Diego, I'll probably order from them. Alter-Ego wanted like $50 to ship the Scout and speeder.

AE must have just switched up. I PO?ed a figure a week or two ago with free shipping. This morning I almost pulled the trigger on Skiff Guard Lando until they wanted $25 for shipping, which is even a bit steep. Hard times I guess.

Thank you all for the kind replies and recommendations. I will leave a smaller set to buy from Timcent.
Instead I will pre-order from Timewalker toys which is still cheaper than sideshow?!
Crazy.
Thank you!

He is a great HK seller. I have made several purchases over the past few years. The best I?ve dealt with... packaging only topped by Popcultcha?s thick bubble wrap armor. A heads up you will not get the HT shipper though.

AE must have just switched up. I PO?ed a figure a week or two ago with free shipping. This morning I almost pulled the trigger on Skiff Guard Lando until they wanted $25 for shipping, which is even a bit steep. Hard times I guess.

Yeah, Alter Ego sent an email that they had to let everyone else go, so it's a one man shop. I kind of understand their situation and having to charge shipping now.

It's probably best summarized as this is a "next year's model" to the ones seen in ROTJ. Probably 80% is accurate to the ROTJ bikes, and maybe 20% "improvements" (for example, it looks like they redid the pistons behind the handlebars so they actually function, and the "dashboard" while pretty close to ROTJ, has added bits and pieces.) It's an incredible job, gorgeous piece, kudos to HT... though I assume they just got the 3D files from the Mando crew and printed it...:lol

And keep in mind, the prop and model speeder bikes in ROTJ differed from each other anyway in both proportions and details so there's leeway for what's "accurate" anyway.

Well put.

I plan on using the bike as part of my ongoing ?head canon,? late Republic/early Empire transition period, project. I?m designing a 1.0 Biker Scout from that time, and I always planned to make the bike color palette more in line with Imperial design convention and make it all gray anyway. The original intent of the speeder bike was clearly to be part of the Sarlac scene, so the imperial gray is welcomed.

Is it just me or does something look off about the scout aside from how filthy he is.

I?ll probably combine the best of the Hot Toys Scout with the Sideshow Scout for my RotJ version. I?ve had a bike without a rider for about a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well put.

I plan on using the bike as part of my ongoing ?head canon,? late Republic/early Empire transition period, project. I?m designing a 1.0 Biker Scout from that time, and I always planned to make the bike color palette more in line with Imperial design convention and make it all gray anyway. The original intent of the speeder bike was clearly to be part of the Sarlac scene, so the imperial gray is welcomed.

Is it just me or does something look off about the scout aside from how filthy he is.

I?ll probably combine the best of the Hot Toys Scout with the Sideshow Scout for my RotJ version. I?ve had a bike without a rider for about a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the problem I have with the finish of the scout is it looks less like desert weathering/grime and more like all the armor was left in an oven too long. More like lightly burned cookies than grimy.:lol

And yeah, this Mando bike and the ROTJ bike are about 80-90% similar, but 10-20% different - there quite a few minor but noticeable detailing differences.

HT will need to revise quite a few things to turn this into an accurate ROTJ bike, and so it does make you wonder - after they've sold a lot of these, and the SSC ROTJ bike's been available all that time, will there be enough incentive to do a ROTJ bike?

People's assumption that HT will obviously do a ROTJ bike seems to be based on the idea of it being a simple repaint - but there's more than that. Or maybe HT wouldn't care - just release an 80-90% accurate ROTJ bike because nearly all of these minor differences nobody would really notice.:dunno

Yeah, Alter Ego sent an email that they had to let everyone else go, so it's a one man shop. I kind of understand their situation and having to charge shipping now.

‘Oversized’ items typically didn’t have free shipping at AE or TW. The price point is there for the free shipping threshold but the size of the bike will likely make this a very large box to ship and that is why no free shipping.

No shipper box? How come no one singing praises to timecent mentioned that? That is important to many people.

It seems to be certain figures that aren’t eligible for free shipping. Like for instance the Endgame Captain Marvel that just went has free shipping through Alter Ego.

No shipper box? How come no one singing praises to timecent mentioned that? That is important to many people.

Who knows... maybe it?s just me - and I do like my brown shippers - but I?m fine with how he sends it. Wraps the art box in bubble wrap and then inserts into a nice shipper he makes. Safe packaging and stores just as well as a HT shipper. Haven?t gotten a dent on the packaging since he started packing like this a couple years ago. Although if it were to happen Im not a big stickler on minor box damage as some are :dunno

It seems to be certain figures that aren?t eligible for free shipping. Like for instance the Endgame Captain Marvel that just went has free shipping through Alter Ego.

That?s weird. I would figure the large and more popular items shipping suddenly being charged (scout w/bike & Capt. Marvel). But SSC Lando getting charged and not CM kinda seems like an odd choice? As mentioned Marc is now a one man show over there so he?s got a lot on his plate. Maybe his slowly switching over?:dunno
I hope the best for him and other small businesses.

I've never received a Hot Toys figure from overseas that had a brown mailer. But considering the price is about $100 cheaper than Sideshow with tax and shipping I can live without it.

Back