Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as the saggy boob bikini top and diaper bugs me I think once on his bike and properly futzed he will look just fine....I hope.

Besides all eyes will be on BY peeking out from the canvas bag lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m actually so excited for this. I can?t believe they have a Deluxe with bike rather than buy trooper and than bike separately.

Honestly...I?ve wanted a HT scout trooper forever. And I?m glad it?s the Mando version.

As much as the saggy boob bikini top and diaper bugs me I think once on his bike and properly futzed he will look just fine....I hope.

Besides all eyes will be on BY peeking out from the canvas bag lol

Seems like he?s designed/assembled to look just right, only if sitting or slightly slumped over on the bike. Standing that mid-drift area looks weird. The hide that gap in the poses/camera angle when he?s standing. It also doesn?t look like there is enough material to futz that up high enough without giving him a camel-toe 🥴 The helmet is better in some areas compared to the SS version: bridge of the nose, mouth area, but then off with the extra long-face like HT ROTJ Fett, ROTJ Stormtrooper, all of their Vader domes... I do like how they matched the visor gap like it is about to do a face reveal.
All inaccuracies aside, I still dig this set.
Plus I need to collect all the 1/6 Child figs they release with each character :D

Just so everyone's aware of the differences between a ROTJ Biker and a Mando Biker, and also the second pic is how "doughy diaper dude" (that HT seems to have used as primary model for their Biker set-up) actually wears his costume in the eps of Mando...

-- entire cumberbund/pouch belt worn either lower or much lower in Mando
-- chest armor much longer (giving "saggy boobs" look as some have said) in Mando
-- shoulder armor longer in Mando
-- elbow and forearm armor narrower in Mando
-- pouches larger, longer and more doughy in Mando (In ROTJ they are quite boxy)
-- while similar, knee armor more boxy in Mando and slightly different design (and worn upside and higher)

The rest, helmet included, have only extremely minor differences. Also, the armor and helmets seen in ROTJ all have noticeable differences due to hand manufacture (for example, some ROTJ scouts have larger black goggles than others)

Also, the Mando speeder bike, while very similar, has numerous differences to the ROTJ version - it is not simply a ROTJ bike painted white.

Jw9MDSS.jpg

Doughy diaper dude from Mando is shown next to one of the pudgier Bikers from ROTJ (there is a barely-glimpsed overweight short guy that played a ROTJ Biker Scout, and the costume does get a bit bunched and diaper looking on him) as comparison to show that the diaper look I think was intentional because the Bikers in Mando were meant to be funny:

sLc1ilw.jpg

I?m actually so excited for this. I can?t believe they have a Deluxe with bike rather than buy trooper and than bike separately.

Honestly...I?ve wanted a HT scout trooper forever. And I?m glad it?s the Mando version.

I'm excited for it as well, I actually pre-ordered it. I haven't done that in years....

Just so everyone's aware of the differences between a ROTJ Biker and a Mando Biker, and also the second pic is how "doughy diaper dude" (that HT seems to have used as primary model for their Biker set-up) actually wears his costume in the eps of Mando...

-- entire cumberbund/pouch belt worn either lower or much lower in Mando
-- chest armor much longer (giving "saggy boobs" look as some have said) in Mando
-- shoulder armor longer in Mando
-- elbow and forearm armor narrower in Mando
-- pouches larger, longer and more doughy in Mando (In ROTJ they are quite boxy)
-- while similar, knee armor more boxy in Mando and slightly different design (and worn upside and higher)

The rest, helmet included, have only extremely minor differences. Also, the armor and helmets seen in ROTJ all have noticeable differences due to hand manufacture (for example, some ROTJ scouts have larger black goggles than others)

Also, the Mando speeder bike, while very similar, has numerous differences to the ROTJ version - it is not simply a ROTJ bike painted white.

Jw9MDSS.jpg

Doughy diaper dude from Mando is shown next to one of the pudgier Bikers from ROTJ (there is a barely-glimpsed overweight short guy that played a ROTJ Biker Scout, and the costume does get a bit bunched and diaper looking on him) as comparison to show that the diaper look I think was intentional because the Bikers in Mando were meant to be funny:

sLc1ilw.jpg

The ROTJ Trooper with his hands on his hips always looked badass. Okay so the Mando Scouts are definitely a bit derpy compared to ROTJ and HT did a good job of capturing that (if anything they may even be a bit idealized) but honestly Taika made them so memorable I still want both regardless. Which is funny because the first time I saw those episodes I was ticked because Chow made them seem badass and then Taika came and immediately turned them into goofballs. I thought he went too far especially with the tired joke about their aim but half a year later I still crack up when I think about one of them repeatedly *punching a blinded baby in the head.* :lol

Then you have the added juxtaposition of their goofiness followed by them suffering surprisingly brutal deaths which makes them some of the most memorable troopers in all of Star Wars IMO.

The ROTJ Trooper with his hands on his hips always looked badass. Okay so the Mando Scouts are definitely a bit derpy compared to ROTJ and HT did a good job of capturing that (if anything they may even be a bit idealized) but honestly Taika made them so memorable I still want both regardless. Which is funny because the first time I saw those episodes I was ticked because Chow made them seem badass and then Taika came and immediately turned them into goofballs. I thought he went too far especially with the tired joke about their aim but half a year later I still crack up when I think about one of them repeatedly *punching a blinded baby in the head.* [emoji38]

Then you have the added juxtaposition of their goofiness followed by them suffering surprisingly brutal deaths which makes them some of the most memorable troopers in all of Star Wars IMO.
These bastards killed Kuiil!
32175d8dbab43e7018946d16d23433b4.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Once you comprehend that their minds were being messed with their banter becomes totally awesome.

Besides this is five years after ROTJ Empire collapse so I can see uniform protocols being placed on the back burner as well as alterations and sloppiness.

These bastards killed Kuiil![

I hope so. His death was more ambiguous than IG-11's death in Episode One and he came back so they could easily say that Kuiil was just stunned or something. I hope not. He was a great character but if the show makes it clear that anyone outside of Mando can die that will add some real stakes and gravitas.

The ROTJ Trooper with his hands on his hips always looked badass. Okay so the Mando Scouts are definitely a bit derpy compared to ROTJ and HT did a good job of capturing that (if anything they may even be a bit idealized) but honestly Taika made them so memorable I still want both regardless. Which is funny because the first time I saw those episodes I was ticked because Chow made them seem badass and then Taika came and immediately turned them into goofballs. I thought he went too far especially with the tired joke about their aim but half a year later I still crack up when I think about one of them repeatedly *punching a blinded baby in the head.* :lol

They originally filmed it with this stocky guy but realized someone hadn't changed his diaper, so decided to re-film it.:lol

rlhes33.png

But yeah, I do think Taika went too far with the Biker silliness - a little of that goes a long way. I couldn't sit through his Hitler comedy and find him to be pretty obnoxious generally (and my Marvel insider friend said he's nuts and hard to work with.)

I hope so. His death was more ambiguous than IG-11's death in Episode One and he came back so they could easily say that Kuiil was just stunned or something. I hope not. He was a great character but if the show makes it clear that anyone outside of Mando can die that will add some real stakes and gravitas.

If he was just stunned, it will be an awkward reunion with Mando later on considering they did bury him!

Easily one of the very best SW characters introduced post OT. But I agree, I loved his arc and his death added real stakes and consequences to the show. So hopefully they don't do something silly like use the force to bring him back from the dead, I mean c'mon that would be ridiculous;)

More expansive than DX17.....

This pervasive hype of baby Yoda is just getting out of hand..without the Child, this set supposedly stays in the same price range with DX7, or lower..

They originally filmed it with this stocky guy but realized someone hadn't changed his diaper, so decided to re-film it.:lol

rlhes33.png

But yeah, I do think Taika went too far with the Biker silliness - a little of that goes a long way. I couldn't sit through his Hitler comedy and find him to be pretty obnoxious generally (and my Marvel insider friend said he's nuts and hard to work with.)

Oh yeah? His best picture nominated Hitler comedy? Tell us more about what your Marvel insider friend said about one of the most beloved directors by actors and fellow filmmakers. lol

Figure looks great though! Day one preorder for me

Last edited:
If he was just stunned, it will be an awkward reunion with Mando later on considering they did bury him!

Oops I just watched the last two episodes again for the first time since they aired and you're right, nothing ambiguous about his death considering that his body was literally smoking before Mando buried him, lol. For some reason I only remembered the one shot of Kuiil lying on the ground.

When you take the price of the solo figure from the speeder pack, HT’s bike come in nearly $100 below Sideshow’s when you factor in some value to Baby Yoda and the pack. That’s a decent value in my eyes. Not the deal of the century by any means, but fairly decent.

Back