Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easily one of the very best SW characters introduced post OT. But I agree, I loved his arc and his death added real stakes and consequences to the show. So hopefully they don't do something silly like use the force to bring him back from the dead, I mean c'mon that would be ridiculous to try that after it was done so perfectly in TROS! ;)

I agree! :duff

;)

Where are the best places to buy these days? SS's shipping is getting ridiculous. May pick up from BBTS assuming $4 flat rate shipping. They just tend to get their inventory late. Still waiting on Ecto-1.

$412 at Toys Wonderland.....

Mando scout actually grows on me.
He looks silly when side by side with the ROTJ scout, but when looking at the stand alone pics he looks pretty decent.

Oh yeah? His best picture nominated Hitler comedy? Tell us more about what your Marvel insider friend said about one of the most beloved directors by actors and fellow filmmakers. lol

Figure looks great though! Day one preorder for me

That he's a creep that many crew are reluctant to work for.:dunno

Oh sorry - that's from people who actually worked with him, not your "fellow filmmakers," or your desperate-to-work-on-the-next-one actors (please refer to any fawning "loved working with..." bs promo interviews to judge how authentic actors and their "beloving" are) :rotfl

Many critics were appalled by that "best picture nominated Hitler comedy" including the Guardian, LA Times, even HR and Variety... maybe the reason that tasteless ****pile Oscar darling has a Rotten rating of 58% among top critics.:lecture

And FYI, if you make a holocaust-themed movie, you REALLY have to **** it up not to get a Oscar nomination of some description.:wave

So... yeah. Didn't like the Biker Scouts in that final ep.:monkey3

Meh whatever. I doubt he will be hiring me to star anything so as long as he doesn't do anything illegal i don't care.

I really want this more for IG-11 than the scout. Decisions decisions

More expansive than DX17.....

This pervasive hype of baby Yoda is just getting out of hand..without the Child, this set supposedly stays in the same price range with DX7, or lower..

THIS!!
I'm still not onboard with the "Child" as yet.
Im sure that will change when we find out how he became to be.

More expansive than DX17.....

This pervasive hype of baby Yoda is just getting out of hand..without the Child, this set supposedly stays in the same price range with DX7, or lower..

THIS!!
I'm still not onboard with the "Child" as yet.
Im sure that will change when we find out how he became to be.

This speeder is a lot more complex than Maul's, it should cost more. Sideshow's was $300+ by itself, you're basically getting the Speeder for $230 including The Child, which would probably sell for $80-100 on his own you wanted to part him out.

Or you paying $330 (how much SS version is) for the bike and getting the scout/child for $125. If you compare it against sideshows it's a good price.

This speeder is a lot more complex than Maul's, it should cost more. Sideshow's was $300+ by itself, you're basically getting the Speeder for $230 including The Child, which would probably sell for $80-100 on his own you wanted to part him out.

Yeah and Sideshow's was $300+ by itself nearly SIX YEARS AGO, and their re-release is now $330 by itself.:lecture

This Hot Toys bike comes with a full all-new figure plus significant accessory figure (yeah, I agree - worth $80+) plus two display stands and is only a touch over $450.

This speeder bike is really only about $230 - $100 less than Sideshow's - or even $150 if you factor in the price of the BY.

I'm in for a revised ROTJ version. Can't be too far away... Bummed to not have the opportunity to see some of these prototypes at SDCC this year.

I'm in for a revised ROTJ version. Can't be too far away... Bummed to not have the opportunity to see some of these prototypes at SDCC this year.

I wonder if the fact that Sideshow's re-released ROTJ bike (and the prospect of yet another - V.3 - of their SSC Biker Scout) is still available for sale means that HT doing a ROTJ version of these pieces is further off than people think.

I mean what if Sideshow does a V.3 (maybe with revised headsculpt/helmet like they did with Bossk) and bundles it with their bike?

SSC stuff has been overpriced for years though. Their speeder wasn’t worth $330 to begin with.

Just so everyone's aware of the differences between a ROTJ Biker and a Mando Biker, and also the second pic is how "doughy diaper dude" (that HT seems to have used as primary model for their Biker set-up) actually wears his costume in the eps of Mando...

-- entire cumberbund/pouch belt worn either lower or much lower in Mando
-- chest armor much longer (giving "saggy boobs" look as some have said) in Mando
-- shoulder armor longer in Mando
-- elbow and forearm armor narrower in Mando
-- pouches larger, longer and more doughy in Mando (In ROTJ they are quite boxy)
-- while similar, knee armor more boxy in Mando and slightly different design (and worn upside and higher)

The rest, helmet included, have only extremely minor differences. Also, the armor and helmets seen in ROTJ all have noticeable differences due to hand manufacture (for example, some ROTJ scouts have larger black goggles than others)

Also, the Mando speeder bike, while very similar, has numerous differences to the ROTJ version - it is not simply a ROTJ bike painted white.

Jw9MDSS.jpg

Doughy diaper dude from Mando is shown next to one of the pudgier Bikers from ROTJ (there is a barely-glimpsed overweight short guy that played a ROTJ Biker Scout, and the costume does get a bit bunched and diaper looking on him) as comparison to show that the diaper look I think was intentional because the Bikers in Mando were meant to be funny:

sLc1ilw.jpg

I can't unsee the giant diaper once you see it... hahahahaha

alright so after putting some thought into this....

I gotta say I'm not sure I'm ready to dump on these. Instinctively I was like okay two speeder bikes two scouts done deal. But I think I'm going to have to hold off for ROTJ. These guys look cool, and I'm not even against the white hoth looking speeder bike but let's face it, when production drops these weathered guys are gonna look like red sandy ass scouts and it's just not going to be what we think about when we think of biker scouts, it will be very clearly mandalorian, or like a mythos alternate reality feel. Deep down, we know what we want when we think of a scout, which would be either a clean set of scouts or endor forest muddied scouts. I do think they're cool, but gotta stick to what I know I'll prefer on my shelf.

With that in mind, let's talk about what's most important here.... where are all my expert helmet guys like jkno, what do we think about the Hot Toys Scout helmet now that we finally have one?

Hi guys, so Timcent is reliable? This will be my first time buying from him if all the recommendations I have seen so far stand.
I will be shipping to the USA.
You guys in the USA ever get saddled with extra taxes after it arrives here?
Thank you!

At this point the ROTJ scout is inevitable, like someone here has pointed out, it will be released when Leia/Wicket set is shipped.

Hi guys, so Timcent is reliable? This will be my first time buying from him if all the recommendations I have seen so far stand.
Thank you!

If you go to his site use the chat function (note : in Chinese timezone) (bottom right corner) to speak with him. I'm sure he can answer your questions.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com

Thank you!

You can't go wrong with TimCent. He's one of the best.

Timcent is simply the best out there. Why anyone outside of the US would go anywhere else is beyond me. He has the cheapest prices, free shipping, numerous deposit options, and discount codes. His customer service is also A+.

Having said that I can?t buy this set for 2 weeks so don?t you all go buying up all of his stock.

I wonder if the fact that Sideshow's re-released ROTJ bike (and the prospect of yet another - V.3 - of their SSC Biker Scout) is still available for sale means that HT doing a ROTJ version of these pieces is further off than people think.

I mean what if Sideshow does a V.3 (maybe with revised headsculpt/helmet like they did with Bossk) and bundles it with their bike?

That is what I am afraid of. That this will delay the rotj version for 2-3 years, which is a possibility. Hot toys won?t compete with themselves and the ss version. Especially in this economy. Once I saw that scene in mandalorian, I was afraid this would happen.
Hot toys will milk this series like iron man. No characters with head sculpts have been released yet. The child doesn?t count. It is more an accessory.
These figures will be easy to tweak and release as a new version. Expect every mando under the sun.

Oh well

Back