Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, don't know how you do it. You only get one shot at having that virgin movie experience though, before it's clouded by others pointing out certain things/flaws, moments that are surprising, plot twists, etc.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Reading others' opinions and them making good arguments for that opinion actually helps me go into it with a more open mind, so I can keep both sides in mind before forming my own opinion after seeing it and seeing which side I tend to lean more toward. I think attempting to understand both sides of an argument and actually sometimes, being able to make an argument and a case even for the side you're opposed to as opposed to just automatically disagreeing with it, helps give even yourself a better understanding of why you lean more towards the side you do.

@evenflow

Spoiler Spoiler:

my response:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Given the way others were speaking, I figured it kind of wasn't a secret anymore.

:duff It's hard to keep track of, I'm in so many threads it's hard to know where people are talking about what. Obviously someone comes into a TLJ thread at their own peril after the film is out.

:duff It's hard to keep track of, I'm in so many threads it's hard to know where people are talking about what. Obviously someone comes into a TLJ thread at their own peril after the film is out.

Right? :lol :duff

I'm not sure if there is an "official" time frame on when you're safe not to have to use spoiler tags anymore, but given the way others were speaking in conversation here, it seemed to me like it wasn't really a big secret anymore.

Then I remembered there was someone else who said they haven't seen the film yet and I'm not sure how they feel about spoilers, so I suppose it should still be in effect. But like you said, if you haven't seen the film yet after roughly a week, enter threads that have to do with the characters in that film at your own peril. If I'm pretty much one of the only few who hasn't seen it yet and seemingly everyone else has, I wouldn't expect everyone else to pander to me and put everything in spoiler tags just for my sake and convenience. :lol

I just think it's a bit silly to expect a 60-70 year old Luke to still be the exact same optimistic guy we last saw when he was in his 20s. Most people tend to change as they get up around that age, and perhaps get a bit more quirky or crotchety. And I wouldn't expect that to be any different for Luke.

I just think it's a bit silly to expect a 60-70 year old Luke to still be the exact same optimistic guy we last saw when he was in his 20s. Most people tend to change as they get up around that age, and perhaps get a bit more quirky or crotchety. And I wouldn't expect that to be any different for Luke.

True. And as others have mentioned, he did exhibit shades of how he is in the ST in the OT as well. There's been good arguments where how he is in the ST is inconsistent with the OT, and others where how he is in the ST actually is consistent with how he is in the OT.

star-wars-leadership-obi-wan-truths-certain-point-view.gif

Yeah. I am one of the people that was really upset with his direction, but realized it makes sense later. And after seeing it again, I thought Luke had a really great arc in TLJ. People have to remember that Luke was never going to "pull a Vader in Rogue One" etc like tons wanted. Even in ROTJ he doesn't want to fight. He DOES become probably the most powerful jedi ever, and does the most honorable thing IMO.

No one kills him, no one beats him. He saves everyone, becomes a legend to the galaxy, displays immense power - and he doesn't have to hurt anyone to do it. I think Luke is one of the first to really embrace and show the true power of being a Jedi.

Last edited:
Yeah. I am one of the people that was really upset with his direction, but realized it makes sense later. And after seeing it again, I thought Luke had a really great arc in TLJ. People have to remember that Luke was never going to "pull a Vader in Rogue One" etc like tons wanted. Even in ROTJ he doesn't want to fight. He DOES become probably the most powerful jedi ever, and do the most honorable thing IMO.

Neb I really like your take on this point. I'm still really bothered by the overall treatment of Luke (especially the flash back with young Ben) but the way you described the astral projection point is really neat and is true to ROTJ Luke.

@evenflow

Spoiler Spoiler:

my response:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep. I only picked up on that with the second viewing.

@evenflow

Spoiler Spoiler:

my response:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:)

Spoiler Spoiler:

:)

Yeah, me too. I didn't notice some of the other minor details but that was pretty glaring. It had just occurred shortly before.

Yeah. I am one of the people that was really upset with his direction, but realized it makes sense later. And after seeing it again, I thought Luke had a really great arc in TLJ. People have to remember that Luke was never going to "pull a Vader in Rogue One" etc like tons wanted. Even in ROTJ he doesn't want to fight. He DOES become probably the most powerful jedi ever, and does the most honorable thing IMO.

No one kills him, no one beats him. He saves everyone, becomes a legend to the galaxy, displays immense power - and he doesn't have to hurt anyone to do it. I think Luke is one of the first to really embrace and show the true power of being a Jedi.

This is a great post. Luke is the best Jedi we've ever seen. He embodied every aspect a Jedi should, if even to a fault.

If Luke had gone full anime and pulled a Rogue One Vader, then it would've been fan servicey and against his character arc. It would've been a cool spectacle, but ultimately not in line with the pacifist Luke was in ROTJ after turning from the dark side. Everything Luke said in TLJ was true to the Jedi beliefs, which is a reason why I'm surprised everyone hates the treatment of his character. He was in a self imposed exile because of how he handled Kylo and the resulting massacre. He saw his failure as unforgivable and wanted to die because of it. He was burdened by what he thought the Jedi should be. It wasnt until he was visited by Yoda that he was able to let go, learn from his failure, and reconnect with the force.

All these loser YouTubers wanting him to be a force wrecking ball don't get the character at all. He hated violence and thought the Jedi misused the Force. The way he saved everyone without resorting to violence was perfect.

I really disliked the last Jedi. But none of that had to do with the portrayal of Luke. I think it was well done and well handled and he was the only one in the whole damn film that did not seem like a one dimensional character.

This just shows some of the so many little things wrong with the film for me.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is a great post. Luke is the best Jedi we've ever seen. He embodied every aspect a Jedi should, if even to a fault.

If Luke had gone full anime and pulled a Rogue One Vader, then it would've been fan servicey and against his character arc. It would've been a cool spectacle, but ultimately not in line with the pacifist Luke was in ROTJ after turning from the dark side. Everything Luke said in TLJ was true to the Jedi beliefs, which is a reason why I'm surprised everyone hates the treatment of his character. He was in a self imposed exile because of how he handled Kylo and the resulting massacre. He saw his failure as unforgivable and wanted to die because of it. He was burdened by what he thought the Jedi should be. It wasnt until he was visited by Yoda that he was able to let go, learn from his failure, and reconnect with the force.

All these loser YouTubers wanting him to be a force wrecking ball don't get the character at all. He hated violence and thought the Jedi misused the Force. The way he saved everyone without resorting to violence was perfect.

:goodpost:

I thought he'd used this before setting off for Crait.
d04d17875bd0fb036ab04d8efedeba58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Luke's beard color is a really weird thing. Why does he have a grey beard in reality, but a black beard in his force projection (like in the flashback to the Kylo attempted murder)? Can you "augment" your look as a force projection? Like you can give yourself a bit of a nose job and major abs?

It'd be great for Jedi dating. You show up at the restaurant as a force projection, and the woman is like "wow, he's hot!" but your physical self only shows up later in the evening (after a few wines and in the dark) when you definitely want to be physical you, not force projection you.:lol

"Pacifist" Luke had no problem going postal on Jabba's people in ROTJ - slicing and dicing anyone and everyone within range. Maybe we only care for creatures like Chewy, Yoda and Ackbar and the rest are cannon fodder.:lol

He also had no problem attacking Imperial personnel to bring down both Death Stars - I'm sure there's a couple of Biker Scouts who would disagree with your "hated violence" determination on Luke.

You're forgetting that Luke refused to fight HIS FATHER... it wasn't "doesn't want to fight" in general.

Luke indeed became a WARRIOR in the OT, who increasingly used the force in his warrior activities. And what's been shown in the ST (about Luke, Leia and Han, and their son, and the force) is so confusing and poorly thought out that I don't understand how you guys can make the type of blanket statements you are making.

"Pacifist" Luke had no problem going postal on Jabba's people in ROTJ - slicing and dicing anyone and everyone within range. Maybe we only care for creatures like Chewy, Yoda and Ackbar and the rest are cannon fodder.:lol

He also had no problem attacking Imperial personnel to bring down both Death Stars - I'm sure there's a couple of Biker Scouts who would disagree with your "hated violence" determination on Luke.

You're forgetting that Luke refused to fight HIS FATHER... it wasn't "doesn't want to fight" in general.

Luke indeed became a WARRIOR in the OT, who increasingly used the force in his warrior activities. And what's been shown in the ST (about Luke, Leia and Han, and their son, and the force) is so confusing and poorly thought out that I don't understand how you guys can make the type of blanket statements you are making.

So.....it would have been less confusing if Luke "sliced and diced" everyone within range in the ST?

Back