Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just figured out why I like this figure. Besides the superior head sculpt (as compared to TFA figure) this looks like the an official Hot Toys Deadhead 1/6 scale figure. Even comes with a hemp satchel to carry his 'shrooms and bongs. I've been on the fence for awhile, due mainly to how much I detested the film, but I swear I may buy this guy just to put a stealie sticker on the bag and spritz him with patchouli. I can even swap hands with my Doctor Strange figure to give him the flying peace sign.

Hope the Luke from from RoS is as good if not better.

You were a tad snarky "correcting" my opinion, but it's okay I was snarky back with Thor:lol

I don't think anyone here has advocated not liking things you genuinely like. So no real point in defending that stance.

I think it does make some kind of sense stating why you think something is so good that you would want to spend over $200 for a action figure. You could on the other hand state that it was important for you to let us know why you wouldn’t. [emoji2373]
But hey, if you think that’s snarky, we can just let it rest. Time will tell how the legacy of this movie will be.

As I said no hard feelings :duff

I still think this trilogy will probably find a long term audience with the people who grew up with it. Similar to the renewed prequel interest we're seeing now. Here's hoping JJ caps this thing off with something we can all enjoy.

I am really liking the immense amount of detail on this figure. Right out of the box, he's good, but I can tell I won't be happy until I weather him up a bit.

If found it a bit unusual that nowhere on the box did it say "The Last Jedi"

Excuse me, but where exactly did I get bend out of shape and attack someone in this conversation? ...should I read your statement as an attack then?

“Because people like you didn’t enjoy the movie.”

Could have just worded that as saying because it was an unpopular movie among a lot of fans. Seems like it’d sound less personal to me.

“Because people like you didn’t enjoy the movie.”

Could have just worded that as saying because it was an unpopular movie among a lot of fans. Would have sounded less personal.

Haha, really? Are we that sensitive now? But he was one of those fans that didn’t like it, right? ...so not sure how that was wrong - including him in the group of fans that I was referring to ...but very well I didn’t mean to hurt him ...a bit funny though.

Haha, really? Are we that sensitive now? But he was one of those fans that didn’t like it, right? ...so not sure how that was wrong - including him in the group of fans that I was referring to ...but very well I didn’t mean to hurt him ...a bit funny though.

Not at all. But singling a person out is personal, is it not?

Personally singling someone out seems needless when you’re referring to a large swathe of people who all feel the same way. No worries though.

Not at all. But singling a person out is personal, is it not?

Personally singling someone out seems needless when you’re referring to a large swathe of people who all feel the same way. No worries though.

I don’t see how that is singling someone out... as it’s the only thing I know about this person (besides he collects figures) - that he doesn’t like a movie I like... but I’ll try and be more sensitive.
but tell me, should I be hurt that he didn’t respond like this to my excited comment about my newly purchased figure:
“Congrats on a good deal! I am thinking that maybe the reason why the figure aren’t that sought after, and sometimes goes for under retail, might be because some people, including myself, doesn’t fully support this representation of the character?” ?
... ;-) just fun. Don’t worry.

Because people didn’t enjoy the movie.

Because people like you didn’t enjoy the movie.

I’m not sure how you don’t see how one of those personally singles someone out, and one doesn’t.

Because people didn’t enjoy the movie.

Because people like you didn’t enjoy the movie.

I’m not sure how you don’t see how one of those personally singles someone out, and one doesn’t.

Hehe, but that would be generalizing wouldn’t it?
...ah whatever, I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings.

Right? I don’t know why people who loved this film get so bent out of shape and feel the need to staunchly defend it and attack anyone who opines that they didn’t really care for it. I don’t know why it bothers them so much. I don’t care if someone dislikes a film that I love, it’s not a threat to my enjoyment of it.

Lol, come on. That’s not accurate at all. If people can rage for over a year online, harass actors and crew members, and make 5 hour long videos screaming over a movie ruining their childhoods- simply cause they didn’t like a movie. Then we are obviously allowed to defend said movie.

Hehe, but that would be generalizing wouldn’t it?
...ah whatever, I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings.

OK so I just can't understand why people on both sides of the TLJ argument can't accept that the other party did / didn't like the damn movie. It's a free world with free opinions.

Chemicals you don't need to defend it. If you liked it, you liked it. That's it.

If others didn't like it, they didn't like it. That's it.

OK so I just can't understand why people on both sides of the TLJ argument can't accept that the other party did / didn't like the damn movie. It's a free world with free opinions.

Chemicals you don't need to defend it. If you liked it, you liked it. That's it.

Yeah the tit for tat stuff is annoying. They said something negative about TLJ, I need to defend it; they said something positive, I need to bash it.

Eh, yes it does. It says that he isn’t very popular. Because people like you didn’t enjoy the movie. I don’t care really. Usually good stuff is disliked by a lot of people - only means that it did something different. I trust myself (and the reviews in this case). Popularity isn’t anything to go by when it comes to quality. I understand that a lot of people wanted another Luke, I didn’t. So I’m happy I got both the movie I wanted and the figure for a bargain... [emoji2373] guess I’m lucky.

Hellboy is currently going through a similar dilemma.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Lol, come on. That’s not accurate at all. If people can rage for over a year online, harass actors and crew members, and make 5 hour long videos screaming over a movie ruining their childhoods- simply cause they didn’t like a movie. Then we are obviously allowed to defend said movie.

It’s not? You just acknowledged that you feel the need to staunchly defend it and “rage” whenever someone “rages” and maligns it, simply because you loved the film and any criticism of it offends you.

I do agree though that harassing actors, actresses and crew members is uncalled for.

Yeah the tit for tat stuff is annoying. They said something negative about TLJ, I need to defend it; they said something positive, I need to bash it.

:exactly:

A lot of it isn’t even though provoking discussion. It’s just a **** slinging contest, basically.

But... maybe a way of preventing too many discussions over this, and too many hurt feelings, would be not to create a whole string of offended and overly sensitive answers to a comment that clearly wasn’t worth the effort. ...and I shouldn’t have been in on it either.

Out of the box this figure is stunning, super high quality, and tantalizing. A great tribute to Luke and Hamil. I’m no fan of the movie but love this Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But... maybe a way of preventing too many discussions over this, and too many hurt feelings, would be not to create a whole string of offended and overly sensitive answers to a comment that clearly wasn’t worth the effort. ...and I shouldn’t have been in on it either.

Agreed. If someone simply opines that they didn’t like the film or points out that it was an unpopular film, don’t be bothered by it. And if someone opines that they like the film, also don’t be bothered by it.

fff6415eb27aa9947edf7a2617151c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back