Hot Toys The Force Awakens Exclusive Stormtrooper Squad Leader.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine today! First figure of a long line to come :lol

Not many posing options due to the lack of mobility this guy has. Should look great with all the other FO troopers and Ren. I am enjoying it though. He looks quite menacing to me and seeing it person ends all the "looks like a ducktrooper" talk.

iyD95qr.jpg

gWfj873.jpg

Has anyone noticed this yet? The little zipper in the back. Wonder if the rubber suit could be taken off and all the armor. Then just apply an all black under-suit like the clones have. Would increase the movement greatly. Might be worth a try...

3QFfWup.jpg

Hmmm, is the Squad Leader a lower rank than the Officer? Since I'm thinking of getting the Snowtrooper Officer, I might sell my Squad Leader and get the Stormtrooper Officer since it is pretty much the same but with more accessories!

Hmmm, is the Squad Leader a lower rank than the Officer? Since I'm thinking of getting the Snowtrooper Officer, I might sell my Squad Leader and get the Stormtrooper Officer since it is pretty much the same but with more accessories!

Officer would be higher rank. I am also getting the officer snowtrooper and I personally do not want two officers next to eachother.

Man, you guys aren't kidding about the limited articulation. Not a fan of the rubber suit at all. And the snowtroopers don't have it?

Great first the BS missing joints now HT as well :gah:

Kylo better be the one we can count on for articulation

That's the Riot Control Stormtrooper. Totally different character so he'll get his own release:lol

But it looks exactly the same. HT going to charge $200 plus for something they could have included in one of the other versions..they better put BD on the Riot Control then to get my money :gah:

But it looks exactly the same. HT going to charge $200 plus for something they could have included in one of the other versions..they better put BD on the Riot Control then to get my money :gah:

It sucks and while I'll be passing on that, I'm positive they won't have a problem selling it out:lol

It sucks and while I'll be passing on that, I'm positive they won't have a problem selling it out:lol

I know right, maybe I'll just stick to SHF, at least their articulation makes up for the cost

As for this...
Unless it has BD..it's pretty much...

According to HT history with rubber suits, whatever pose you choose wont matter much. Extreme poses will tend to increase the chances of damaging the figure though.

Very disappointed with the lack of articulation. Definitely need to try swapping the suit for a clone suit. Otherwise I like it a lot but it's so hard to see past this huge misstep

Would somebody mind posting some comparison pics between this and the Sideshow shiny clone trooper? I heard the OT stormies looks really bulky compared to the Sideshow troops - wanna see how the new guys compare.

I think the articulation is getting a bad rap. Not too much different from the OT if you aks me. Both are restricted by leg armor. tmp_19540-IMAG1068_1-816231349.jpg

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the articulation on this figure. I thought "no problem, I just want a museum pose anyway" but even getting him to hold his blaster in a natural position is a fight.

Overall the figure looks fantastic. Articulation aside, the only complaint I have is the knee pads. They are glued onto the undersuit so there is pretty much no futzing possible. Not good when they aren't centered and straight.

Obligatory poor mobile phone pics.

EF2012BC-4C08-418C-974B-BEBB64204ECE_zpsbqe14t4q.jpg

96ACA758-D8A7-4610-9EA0-2513C2E8D3D4_zps6e12fdyk.jpg

E20490D8-DA62-4F81-9F91-2142823DE278_zpslnrrpxf6.jpg

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the articulation on this figure. I thought "no problem, I just want a museum pose anyway" but even getting him to hold his blaster in a natural position is a fight.

Overall the figure looks fantastic. Articulation aside, the only complaint I have is the knee pads. They are glued onto the undersuit so there is pretty much no futzing possible. Not good when they aren't centered and straight.

Knee pads are not glued. They are velcro'd so reposition able.

I couldn't help myself, and got a second clone over the Black Friday weekend. I'm losing track of all the TFA troops...

Hey Momaw, you got Invisibles and Doom Patrol Omnis, nice! I've been holding off for Hot Toys, mind you I have the trades and keep thinking I should get new stuff rather than upgrade. It bugs me all the time coz they are like my favourite reads!

Back