Hot Toys The Force Awakens Exclusive Stormtrooper Squad Leader.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of his unboxing ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524803.668536.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524905.518373.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524923.609910.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524936.183453.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524946.469719.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448524965.801942.jpg

It's was an impulse buy back in sept but kind of wish I had Obi Wan instead.

Got this guy in & promptly removed the pauldron. The way the pauldron is designed it has to be glued on so it does leave a scratch and residue on the armor, but after some waxing and buffing I can live with it. The head articulation is greatly improved and the scratch is mostly covered by the helmet. Plus the pauldron can be glued back on if need be. The figure itself is fantastic, the arm articulation is tight but greatly improved if you move the bicep armor a bit. The leg articulation is even tighter and similar to the dx12 batman figure because of the undersuit. Though the undersuit limits the movement it is really impressive as it changes from leather like to the ribbed rubber portion and even zipped up on the back of the figure.The overall look is really great and though I own other versions of the first order trooper (Hasbro) this is the first one that really bridges that stormtrooper evolution and I have come to terms that this is the new stormtrooper. Can't wait to add more lol tmp_27909-IMAG1037_1-816231349.jpg

I am going to end up buying TFA figure they make. I just know it.

I need a bigger spare bedroom lol

Got this delivered today from HK. Nice, but not easy to pose, very little articulation due to the rubber under suit especially compared to the HT Classic stormtrooper. I cant even get him to hold his gun up.

Opened up mine today. Kinda bummed the articulation is so limited - especially in the arms. I'd have thought a HT figure would have a better chance of holding the rifle two handed in a natural pose than a 6" Hasbro figure. Nope. Pretty much the same. I think its those darned rubber areas (not the whole undersuit is rubber, just sections). I'm also surprised the pauldron is hard plastic and not a more flexible material. I love the magnetic leg holster. I figured that was going to be the method after seeing Hasbro's clip in the side of the leg. I like the idea of them being so easily accessible.

I'm happy with the figure, but I do wish the arm articulation was less hindered for more shooting poses or even casually holding the rifle two handed. That's all we've seen Phasma do with her's and I want for her to be able to achieve that when she finally arrives. Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out and the later trooper figures will move a little better.

That's the problem with a figures with a lot of plastic (armor). I'm looking forward to Kylo, he seems pretty flexible, so that will make up for troopers :)

Opened up mine today. Kinda bummed the articulation is so limited - especially in the arms. I'd have thought a HT figure would have a better chance of holding the rifle two handed in a natural pose than a 6" Hasbro figure. Nope. Pretty much the same.

[...] do wish the arm articulation was less hindered for more shooting poses or even casually holding the rifle two handed. That's all we've seen Phasma do with her's and I want for her to be able to achieve that when she finally arrives. Hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out and the later trooper figures will move a little better.

While they do look restricted, some two-handed rifle poses look achievable, albeit a little stiff -- in photos I've seen on Facebook. Raised to shoot and even cradling the gun.

Got mine today before heading to work. I love it. I get the articulation complaints but I personally don't really have any fancy poses I want to do with him. Other than maybe crouching a bit which can be done.

Picking mine up at the UPS store tomorrow. Finally figured out a way to avoid having my wife sign for my figures, and subsequentially giving me both barrels.

Picking mine up at the UPS store tomorrow. Finally figured out a way to avoid having my wife sign for my figures, and subsequentially giving me both barrels.

Hahahahaa.
I divorced my ex...she couldn't handle my collection and always rolled her eyes when any new star wars item came into the house, be it Hasbro to Hot toys and anything inbetween.
Meanwhile I got everything else like bills, food, clothes and whatever else she wanted at the time of day...or night ;)

44a3ca3628282ff9ef9eeeaf5f03cbdd.jpg

Got mine today, love the progression from classic trooper to modern. Definitely harder to pose than the ot trooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back