Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Agreed. I'm feeling that way about a lot of Hot toys figures atm so am hardly pre-ordering any HT figures these days... I'm just gonna wait it out with this one I think, see if I can pick it up cheaper after release.

Hope HT make Zemo figure at some point though - he was great! :)
Right. Knowing that this won’t be the last Bucky figure makes it easier to take a wait and see approach, too. Zemo would be cool but they’d have to nail the likeness or else it would just be some dude in a coat.

The biggest problem with Bucky in the The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is his simplistic and boring design.

I'm having to agree that considering his skill sets, Bucky was lamentably short on weapons in this series.

I get that Marvel doesn't feel like gifting Bucky with the shield, since for decades he was a Hydra operative and they'd want someone super squeaky-clean for that title. But he still got kinda shortchanged. Bucky DOES have a lot to work through. But his skill-set has went nowhere. Let him use it.

Still want Zemo to stand with my Bucky and Cap though, whether or not I acquire this new Bucky. Let's just face it, Zemo is a conflicted yet refreshing delight.

Unless you need everything Bucky, I'd kick the can down the road to Cap4, which he will obviously be in.

Unless you need everything Bucky, I'd kick the can down the road to Cap4, which he will obviously be in.

Hard to top the IW White Wolf/Bucky, unless he gets a really cool, maybe African design costume. Speaking as someone who will usually buy any Bucky. Except a custom, since I can't afford it.

But I'd buy any reasonable Zemo.:pray:

Hard to top the IW White Wolf/Bucky, unless he gets a really cool, maybe African design costume. Speaking as someone who will usually buy any Bucky. Except a custom, since I can't afford it.

But I'd buy any reasonable Zemo.:pray:

There's only one Bucky for me and that's TWS Winter Soldier. So badass. I would say that IW would be second best. What would be cool is if Sam gets in trouble or injured and Bucky takes the shield, I might buy that look if it is anything similar to his Bucky Cap look.

There's only one Bucky for me and that's TWS Winter Soldier. So badass. I would say that IW would be second best. What would be cool is if Sam gets in trouble or injured and Bucky takes the shield, I might buy that look if it is anything similar to his Bucky Cap look.

I'd buy that whether it ever showed up on film anyway.

Someone mentioned how can Bucky take on HYDRA?s death squad, but not take down powered kids? Well you forget Bucky no longer has the Winter Soldier programming anymore. I know it?s mental, but the mind can do strange things where the body is concerned. You and me, our minds are probably holding back our bodies? potential. If someone was controlling your mind, I would bet you can do extraordinary things that wouldn?t be accomplished in your right mind.
Sebastian Stan wouldn?t walk away from this role. It?s Marvel, if any of us were actors and got a contract with Marvel we?d stick with it, we?d be set. Especially since roles can come and go.
Also I hear people will wait on future figures of some of these characters, perhaps Cap 4. Well when does that movie come out? You will be waiting a long time for figures to come out for that film.

Someone mentioned how can Bucky take on HYDRA?s death squad, but not take down powered kids? Well you forget Bucky no longer has the Winter Soldier programming anymore. I know it?s mental, but the mind can do strange things where the body is concerned. You and me, our minds are probably holding back our bodies? potential. If someone was controlling your mind, I would bet you can do extraordinary things that wouldn?t be accomplished in your right mind.
Sebastian Stan wouldn?t walk away from this role. It?s Marvel, if any of us were actors and got a contract with Marvel we?d stick with it, we?d be set. Especially since roles can come and go.
Also I hear people will wait on future figures of some of these characters, perhaps Cap 4. Well when does that movie come out? You will be waiting a long time for figures to come out for that film.

Oh, unless Sebastian Stan has a real project conflict, imagine he's on board. The entertainment industry has been hit hard and bet actors have a completely different perspective than the fans.

Plus, they may plan FWS, but it may never happen. Marvel has so much it could do. I have plenty of Bucky; so I can wait until when, or if, HT does something like a TWS re-release.

His Winter Soldier look is definitely the best so far. Sad though that it’s evil lol Poor Buck has been stuck in plain jackets and pants ever since

I would imagine Cap 4 is coming 2024. Unless they want to commit to four movies a year, 2023 is already pretty crowded with Guardians, F4, and Blade (I’m speculating here lol)

Someone mentioned how can Bucky take on HYDRA?s death squad, but not take down powered kids? Well you forget Bucky no longer has the Winter Soldier programming anymore. I know its mental, but the mind can do strange things where the body is concerned. You and me, our minds are probably holding back our bodies? potential. If someone was controlling your mind, I would bet you can do extraordinary things that wouldn't be accomplished in your right mind.
They sort of spelled it right out in the series when Sam asked why he didn't use his metal arm: "I'm right handed, I don't always think of it."

The Winter Soldier has subconscious assassin training. Sgt. Barnes does not. And it's clear in the way they fight. Whenever the WS was in control, he was an efficient engine of destruction, while when Buck is in control, its more brute force and blundering. (Even the Madripoor beatdown in the club was more brute force.) Now when he has a gun it's a little different story, but hand to hand I think that's what we're seeing.

All the "Bucky got nerfed" talk should really take that into consideration.

They sort of spelled it right out in the series when Sam asked why he didn't use his metal arm: "I'm right handed, I don't always think of it."

The Winter Soldier has subconscious assassin training. Sgt. Barnes does not. And it's clear in the way they fight. Whenever the WS was in control, he was an efficient engine of destruction, while when Buck is in control, its more brute force and blundering. (Even the Madripoor beatdown in the club was more brute force.) Now when he has a gun it's a little different story, but hand to hand I think that's what we're seeing.

All the "Bucky got nerfed" talk should really take that into consideration.

Honestly I just think it's writers who aren't that good and don't know how to do subtlety. IMO Bucky remembers everyone he killed; remembers what he went through, and (sadly) the healthier he got, the more he's likely to remember. To me it's unlikely he'd forget his assassin training, one of my beefs with the show. Plus he spent time in Wakanda and probably picked up some more skills there. He's been a sniper since the 40s.

The showrunner and director said flat out early on they were gonna dial down the weapons count and be "character driven"; I just think they dialed Bucky way down for various reasons; but instead of quiet moments combined with explosive and interesting action, it just comes off as kinda dull and out of character, to me. Even foggy-headed (according to the Russos re Civil War) Bucky reacts fast, which I didn't see much of in this show either. He could've been any bar fighter/bouncer type in this show. I can't see him not bringing extra ammo along, either, when he did have a gun.

I'd really like to see Bucky pulled from this showrunner and with different writers; join Zemo for a Thunderbolts run, or something.

I'm sure Bucky could have done a lot more damage - but I would imagine he wasn't really going up against anyone he really wanted to hurt as well.

I'm sure Bucky could have done a lot more damage - but I would imagine he wasn't really going up against anyone he really wanted to hurt as well.

Well, the show does make a big deal about how part of his pardon is he isn't supposed to hurt anyone - which Episode 1 the whole thing at the car was pretty funny - I dunno, tho - it's like some stuff where that idea is played on in Terminator 2, for example, somehow got muted in this show.

What comes across to me, anyway, is either Bucky got muted, or the show choreographers didn't have a lot of imagination, a lot of the time. Which is weird since they supposedly were hiring the best in the industry. I did like the WS flashback scene; that seemed like classic WS (except for saying Hail Hydra, which I don't think the Winter Soldier would ever do. Or say anything; just do the job)

Some of the stuff with Walker was alright IMO. To be fair - not sure how much Covid affected things, either. It's gotta be derailing to be in the middle of a production and then send everyone home.

Just wish the Bucky fig came with more stuff. An LED Madripoor stand would have been cool.

It tastes quite "bitter" doesn't it? :lol

For me, like eating a couple of boxes of baking soda.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Tho maybe in hand the fig will look great - that's another thing, IW Bucky is spectacular and gotta admit the recent Mando figs have been stellar, but with HT u never know. So even if I wanted this, I can wait. Prefer long hair Bucky anyway.

For me, like eating a couple of boxes of baking soda.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Tho maybe in hand the fig will look great - that's another thing, IW Bucky is spectacular and gotta admit the recent Mando figs have been stellar, but with HT u never know. So even if I wanted this, I can wait. Prefer long hair Bucky anyway.

Bucky might not be the Bucky we all loved thanks to these new "writers".

I started off really liking the show. Then it became too "woke" for my taste.

Is there any level of “wokeness” you would find acceptable/permissible ...just asking?

Are you irritated/disappointed by how social justice issues were handled by the show OR are you triggered by the mere fact that issues like racism are brought up in super hero television shows or movies.

Is there any level of “wokeness” you would find acceptable/permissible ...just asking?

Are you irritated/disappointed by how social justice issues were handled by the show OR are you triggered by the mere fact that issues like racism are brought up in super hero television shows or movies.

I don't mind the social issue, but damn, dude showed up to his house 3 times to essentially hear the same guilt trip every time. Show us his pain, not tell us either. That would've sent home the message. Luke Cage did it better.

Back