Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that this figure comes under the name "Winter Soldier" instead of "Bucky Barnes" makes me think TWS 2.0 look won't be actually happening.

If it's not bland enough, you could always swing for the civilian clothing kit-bash set. Don't even need the metal arm... They should have included gloved left hands though.

top-006p6_1024x1024.jpg

I'd like to add a Bucky to my collection... but not this one. The head sculpt is the only thing going for it.

The price is too high for how bare-bones it is and the costume looks goofy to me. Why does he need straps on his forearm or one randomly going across the front of his upper chest? Then there's the ugly boot coverings. Hopefully he gets a different look by season's end or he looks better in season two.

Like it or not, they faithfully recreated the outfit from the show.

I dont think anyone is disputing that. Its just not a very interesting outfit though. Not HT fault but still detrimental to the figure.

If they included more accessories and swap out clothing it would be a better release.

For $250 HT should have included that outfit and the coat and sidearm we see in the trailer.
Is it confirmed he's using this rifle in the show? Or they just threw it in because it was easier?

Why wouldn't they wait to announce Bucky and Falcon at the same time? Really weird decision there.

Let's remember this photo come production release time. Since this figure only has the sculpt going for it, this HS will make or break this release.

Screenshot_20210323-084233_Instagram.jpg

Let's remember this photo come production release time. Since this figure only has the sculpt going for it, this HS will make or break this release.

View attachment 509297

HT must understand to a certain degree that a plain Jane figure like this will live or die by the quality/likeness of the headsculpt. If the headsculpt is trash this figure absolutely will NOT sell.

It's basically the IW headsculpt, with short hair. All the facial details are almost exactly in the same spots as the IW sculpt. They may have made tiny adjustments, but I doubt this a completely new sculpt.

It's basically the IW headsculpt, with short hair. All the facial details are almost exactly in the same spots as the IW sculpt. They may have made tiny adjustments, but I doubt this a completely new sculpt.

You might be right... According to the official statement it's new...unless "newly developed head" implies that it's only newly modified and NOT newly created (as in from scratch), which could potentially mean they just tweaked it.

Sophisticatedly crafted based on the portrayal of Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier in the latest action series, the figure features a newly developed head with remarkable likeness, a finely tailored tactic outfit, his iconic prosthetic arm displaying mechanic details and incredible painting techniques, highly-detailed weapons including machine gun and dagger, and a figure stand.

EDIT: I just checked their other releases and HT only uses the term "newly developed" whenever they create a brand new sculpt, so this one is completely brand spanking new.

It's a bit big at 6.5 heads tall, but I think the small torso doesn't help either. His thighs look huge.

bucky.jpg

p.s. - What's with the strap across his chest that seems to serve no purpose whatsoever? Also (as Bucky's a loner) does he do his own sewing? Wondering where he gets these unique looking, nicely tailored one-armed jackets. He strikes me as more of a grab a jacket and rip the arm off when needed king of guy lol...

It's funny you say that because in one of the TV spots/trailers we see him do exactly that :lol This jacket of his has two, fully functional sleeves to begin with and Bucky rips the left one off. Presumably because it's restricting the movement of his metal arm :lol

Back