Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks for your advices so far!

I'm still torn between getting it and passing it. Thing is, I'm not a completist when it's about previous releases and from what Kicker773 wrote, I think the 2nd release has the better painting.

Once compared how it really appears in the movie and even though I like the matte look of the first version better, the second is more accurate when you compare it with some production or exhibition shots of the Bat-Pod.
But in some scenes it looks more like the matte 1st release due to the lighting.

I'd have a good use for both Bat-Pods for some of my dio work and Catwoman could keep her's in the shelf then, but do I really need a second, is it such a big difference with advantages on both versions to have both?

:panic: Not an easy decision.

Personally I wouldn't own both. Just have one in your collection; seems like you'll be more satisfied with the second gen.

My buddy was looking at my batpod and said does the front wheel rotate like in the movie, here let me see if it does. And I was like NOOO!! :horror

My buddy tried to roll mine back and forth and it still had the wheel locks in.....needless to say my buddy got a hard haymaker to the shoulder for attempting to touch the collection. I tell everyone now DO NOT TOUCH THE FIGURES!!!!!!!

Anybody tried to disassemble the batpod, like taking the wheels off. I want it to fit in my luggage along with other figures I am buying from my trip to U.S.A.

Anybody tried to disassemble the batpod, like taking the wheels off. I want it to fit in my luggage along with other figures I am buying from my trip to U.S.A.

its quite fragile from what I remember when I opened to inspect. I wouldnt recommend traveling with this without it being in its original box.

Better not. I reccomend you sending it via post if you have no space on your luggage. Rather spend $50-100 more, than save that money but have a broken batpod.

So is there any good tips for keeping the arm guards in place? Mine always seem to want to pop off the post when I get the figure's arm in place on the handle. Really annoying, not sure why they didn't just make it attached rather than a piece that comes off and on. I'm thinking of just super gluing it but don't know if I really want to.

I put Selina on the batpod today (looks awesome btw) and notized that one handle grip of the pod kinda flexed backward. Now, I can't really make up if it's brocken or even meant to be flexible, cause if I try to move back and forth it doesn't come off. looks like it's hold on place by a wire. Any thoughts?

So is there any good tips for keeping the arm guards in place? Mine always seem to want to pop off the post when I get the figure's arm in place on the handle. Really annoying, not sure why they didn't just make it attached rather than a piece that comes off and on. I'm thinking of just super gluing it but don't know if I really want to.

My arm guards have inserted into the posts very securely. I wonder if there are batch to batch variations on this. Good luck in securing yours-not tried getting a figure on yet-still awaiting Selina!

I put Selina on the batpod today (looks awesome btw) and notized that one handle grip of the pod kinda flexed backward. Now, I can't really make up if it's brocken or even meant to be flexible, cause if I try to move back and forth it doesn't come off. looks like it's hold on place by a wire. Any thoughts?

It will pop off but you can easily superglue it back on.

My arm guards have inserted into the posts very securely. I wonder if there are batch to batch variations on this. Good luck in securing yours-not tried getting a figure on yet-still awaiting Selina!

Mine stay securely on it as well, no problems. I have read that some people superglued theirs on, but I never had a problem, plus it was easier for me to get my figure's hands grasping them first and then putting the arm guards on afterwards, so supergluing would cause problems with that method.

Last edited:
It will pop off but you can easily superglue it back on.

I'm not talking about the guards, just the handles actually... but I guess it's more of a breakage I got.

However, Selina looks really hot on the pod once you got her body twisted the right way, but pay attention with the inner legs, as the sharp edges of the seat already have cut a thread of her suit on mine.

I'm not talking about the guards, just the handles actually... but I guess it's more of a breakage I got.

However, Selina looks really hot on the pod once you got her body twisted the right way, but pay attention with the inner legs, as the sharp edges of the seat already have cut a thread of her suit on mine.

Yep, I'm talking about the actual handles. They will pop off if you keep bending them. It's not held on by any wire. There's a small tab that inserts into the rest of the armguard.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Back