Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strange the one I saw was pretty straight .. I guess like the real thing the staightness varies

p1010237ie.jpg

I'v tried finding this information everywhere, but I just cant find it. And also, I can't figure this searh-function out. I'm just lost... BUt could anyone tell me the combined hight of this thing with Batman mounted on it? The "riding" position. I want to know if it will fit in a cabnet I've checked out. And also, can anyone post a size comparison pic of some daily object? Like, a soda-can next to it or something. I have the meassurments, but it's hand picturing how big each part will be, like the tiers and tank, or whatever it is.

Thanks a bunch!

I'v tried finding this information everywhere, but I just cant find it. And also, I can't figure this searh-function out. I'm just lost... BUt could anyone tell me the combined hight of this thing with Batman mounted on it? The "riding" position. I want to know if it will fit in a cabnet I've checked out. And also, can anyone post a size comparison pic of some daily object? Like, a soda-can next to it or something. I have the meassurments, but it's hand picturing how big each part will be, like the tiers and tank, or whatever it is.

Thanks a bunch!

It really depends on how close you can keep Bats to the Pod.

Greetings people. Im a major lurker here lately. I took the liberty of ordering myself the entire line to accompany my V1 Tumbler which has been a dust magnet for four years. The pod and DX12 arrived and I decided that my wife and kids were giving these to me for Christmas. Well, foolish me- I forgot to measure the pod before she wrapped it and today I am building the acrylic case for it. If its not a bother, those who have dialed displays (you know who you are) recommend sizing? This pod will be displayed with Bats and the EMP gun as posed in TDKR in the tunnel. So the height will have to be around 13".

much appreciated and bravo on all of this info!

okay.. going 30x12x14.. we will see how it turns out..

not sure what to use as a base.. maybe wood?

okay.. going 30x12x14.. we will see how it turns out..

not sure what to use as a base.. maybe wood?

Just my preference, but I would probably go for clear acrylic or something. Wood seems like a too traditional choice and it doesn't really fit the Nolan-verse.

Just my two cents.

Wood base with a thin layer of aluminum would look fine as well ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I'm actually working with grout and asphalt on a 1/2" thick piece of shelf wood that I'm going to make look cracked, uneven and like a street.

Ahh.. see.. now we're talkin.. I thought for a second, that industrial stamped steel plate.. but dismissed it. Aluminum.. Stainless.. asphalt... man.. the possibilities are endless.

I could mix up some resin and then add a coarse sand or other agragate to it.. pigment it dark gray... pour it over wood.. it will self level... Hmmm.. you guys have tickeld my creativity bone... good stuff.

*** edit.. GROUT!! you nailed it man!! comes in the right color I bet and had a nice texture to it.. oh.. mhaaaan.

**** edit again.. I could pour it onto one of my work tables to make a sheet that I could then cut to size and place in the case I made.. Boom. Done.

Last edited:
I was also thinking about rolling the pod around the garage floor a tad.. just to make the tires look like they have been driven...

I actually used large rolls of shingles in the past. But keep in mind the rubber wheels from HT are known to interact in unexpected ways so you will need to consider putting something underneath.

asphalt1s.jpg

shingle2.jpg

case4.jpg

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:
I just ordered a custom acrylic display case online for around $40. The dimensions are 24" long, 7" wide and 7" high, perfect for the batpod. The only thing is that it's ship flat and I will have to glue it myself, but not bad for that price. Anyone interested, I got it off tapplastics.com, they custom cut the acrylic to any size you need and the prices are pretty affordable. I'll take pictures once it's arrived and assembled.

Back