Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was worried about, I heard the DX12 was more poseable and was still difficult to fit. It's a lot of money to drop on something I can't use properly.

Yeah I know, I thought the dx12 would fit ok when I ordered the pod. When it arrived I realised it wasn't gonna work. Still I love the design though, and it still looks great displayed with batman stood beside it.

I can't imagine the dx02 would pose well on there. The dx12 doesn't even fit well and that's a lot more poseable.

On a similar subject, does anyone know how well the original mms version of the dark knight suit fits well on the pod? Would consider picking one up if it was cheap just for the batpod.

The MMS poses the best out of all the Batman figures. When posed correctly, it looks quite natural. I sort of regret getting rid of my MMS to pose on the Batpod but Catwoman should be a great replacement.

I got rid of my Pod the other day on evil bay as soon as i saw how much of a nightmare it is to pose the DX12 on there, even with the fat suit removed he looked weird, the arms & legs just did not look natural & you couldn't get his butt totally on that seat & i hated that cheapo plastic cape tray.
I had ordered cat woman months ago possibly to go on the Pod but not sacrificing that tight suit just to get her on it.
i imagine the knee area of the suit would sag/stretch after a while in that pose due to the bent leg position so would affect the standing pose.
I could not justify having an expensive 2 foot plastic vehicle just to have a figure stood next to it :cuckoo: So i used the cash made off it & bought the DX09 best decision i made.
I'm not getting no more vehicles they just feel some what cheapo at times & fragile to me. I cant speak for the tumbler or the 89 batmobile as i dont own them.
Now if HT were to make the Bat wing in 1/6 that is something i would be interested in :yess:

Last edited:
Is it me or does mine have some QC issues? my handle bars fall off really easy, and the engine cover (top piece that the seat is attached to) also comes off really easy.

Is it me or does mine have some QC issues? my handle bars fall off really easy, and the engine cover (top piece that the seat is attached to) also comes off really easy.

No mate that is a common nightmare on them all but there still not very well designed. do you also have the crooked front wheel? if you look from the rear tyre down the bike you will see if the front wheel is leaning to the left instead of being centred with the rear wheel.

I'll check to see if the wheel is straight or not, i hope its straight..

Is this a QC issue that I exchange it for a new one?

you could try exchange it mate but if you look through most posts on here pretty much everyone has the leaning wheel & the chance of you getting a replacement that is perfectly straight is very slim I'd say

It's an amazing piece but yes it has some potential QC issues and basic design flaws. The first one I had practically fell apart in my hands. The screw that holds the suspension in place was poorly secured and a couple other pieces just snapped. My second one is perfect. The handle bars are annoying but this thing isn't meant to be jostled much so they will stay as long as you don't mess with them. They should have made them so the posts that support them lock in place. I'm hopeful Catwoman will look good on it but for now I just have DX12 posed next to it. Straddling is a bad idea since for some reason they gave it a jagged seat with sharp corners.

Here's a pic I posted a while back. Probably not the best view but it should give you an idea. The silver hand brakes on the handle bars should be facing out toward the front of the bike. I can post a better close up later on.

image_zpsaddbcb92.jpg

thanks I already Fixed it. :hi5:

Considered selling this off :(, could do with the ££ and it isn't being used. I have it on my table without bats. I thought i would display it with bats but since i got him he has been posed side by side with bane. Then once i get joker in he will be stood behind joker in the dio.

in person it is great but it just feels a bit out of place for me considering i had plans for a display with it.

Considered selling this off :(, could do with the ££ and it isn't being used. I have it on my table without bats. I thought i would display it with bats but since i got him he has been posed side by side with bane. Then once i get joker in he will be stood behind joker in the dio.

in person it is great but it just feels a bit out of place for me considering i had plans for a display with it.

i did the same thing mate to free up funds & space, i never posed bats on it so it got packed up & hid away in a cupboard & thats just a waste so i decided to sell it to fund the DX09 & im happy i did it

i did the same thing mate to free up funds & space, i never posed bats on it so it got packed up & hid away in a cupboard & thats just a waste so i decided to sell it to fund the DX09 & im happy i did it

Yeah its a shame, it really is a great piece but just out of place and on its own for me. Im going to dwell on it over this next week or so then i may sell it on. Ive got some other things im planning on selling anyway so i may throw up a F/S thread.

I've been contemplating selling mine. I haven't even bothered trying to pose Batman on it and I don't like it enough to get a custom acrylic case for it like my Tumbler.

Here's my Batpod with the DX12. Planning to eventually display Batman with Joker 2.0, leaving Selina to ride the Batpod.

JRC_7311a.jpg

Sold mine right away. It's cool but its a lot of money for something that you don't really have any use for. Catwoman will have to stand, I'm okay with that.

Sorry to hear that some of you guys sold it or are considering selling it. I think the Batpod is critical to any Nolanverse Bats collection but sometimes you must do what is necessary.

I kinda wished it had more metal parts when I first got it as it does feel plasticky and fragile when you hold it, but it does look amazing when displayed.

Hi! Is it worth buying this for Catwoman? I'm on the fence for buying her and thinks that she would be incomplete without the Batpod? However, this is one very expensive and large display base.

Anyone?

I think it's worth it but it really depends on how much you like the Batpod. For me, it's my favourite vehicle from the films and it was the first Hot Toys product that I wanted. I feel that it is great on its own but Selina should make it that much better.

Back